News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on the whole FA thing, what I really don't understabnd is why Carlton don't offer a trade for Thomas. Let's say they offer us their second round pick. Then they get a pick after their first pick for losing Betts. We get a second round pick and they get a first round pick. If they do nothing they get nothing for Betts.

Surely SOMEONE could figure out a deal? Are both clubs that dumb?

No dont think both clubs are that dumb, but..

It's odd re the ankle.

It did not heal naturally first time round, he then had it operated on, it did not work and now rest will fix it?
Problem is, chances are he will need ankle surgery. But Ankle surgery can be very dangerous especially if you get alot of it. It's a very compact area that gets even messier the more damage/surgery you have (like every other part of the body), but because its such a small area the chances of things like accidentally cutting a nerve or anything like that is greatly increased every time.

It's a very easy part of the body to **** up forever. Ala Trent Croad.

Apparently his twitter following fell by 5 to 6,000 in the last 24 hours.

Yeh I just saw that.

So when do I have to decide by?

That was posted at around 9pm yesterday does that mean I have until 9pm Saturday evening to take up the offer?

Yep, Correctamundo!

Why do people say his ankle is stuffed when he's passed all these so called medicals at the blues.
You can only simulate match conditions in a medical. Last time he played, he could only go for a quarter in the VFL, and he hasn't had surgery since.

It's odd re the ankle.

It did not heal naturally first time round, he then had it operated on, it did not work and now rest will fix it?

The ankle is gone. Eddie stopped short of saying it this morning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet the ankle is doing fine and Carlton asked him to kick back until draft time. Suspect MM has been in his ear for the last 12 months. Just a gut feeling.

Shhhhh ... The ankle is fine, it's great! (Have Carlton signed the paperwork yet?)

I'm with 76WS...................The ankle has never been better!

tumblr_m7l97v0Ia61rc0w1to1_500.gif

You can only simulate match conditions in a medical. Last time he played, he could only go for a quarter in the VFL, and he hasn't had surgery since.

A quarter?

He lasted all of 7 minutes. Literally. 7 minutes. The ankle is rooted good and proper.
I bet the ankle is doing fine and Carlton asked him to kick back until draft time. Suspect MM has been in his ear for the last 12 months. Just a gut feeling.

Ed mentioned this morning that he'd been calling Dale and having dinners with him over the last 12 months. No secret. Dale was always going to leave it seems. Which makes his behaviour in the last 12 months all that more annoying to be honest.

At least Franklin just flat out said EVERY SINGLE TIME that he's not talking about it until the end of the year. No ambiguity.

Dale was basically acting like his boyfriend.

Ed mentioned this morning that he'd been calling Dale and having dinners with him over the last 12 months. No secret. Dale was always going to leave it seems. Which makes his behaviour in the last 12 months all that more annoying to be honest.

At least Franklin just flat out said EVERY SINGLE TIME that he's not talking about it until the end of the year. No ambiguity.

Dale was basically acting like his boyfriend.

It's MM who Daisy has been dining with? (Not Ed)

It's MM who Daisy has been dining with? (Not Ed)

Sorry, I meant He as in Mick. The post said ""MM has been in his ear". I then said Ed said he had been calling him and going to dinner with Dale (MM had, not Ed).

Should have been clearer.

I'm happy if we get Pick 11. Have wanted that all along..Don't care where Dale ends up.

Picks 10 and 11 + trade Shaw and possibly Martin is Gold for Hine and Rendell.

Can't wait to see what the outcome will be.

Sorry, I meant He as in Mick. The post said ""MM has been in his ear". I then said Ed said he had been calling him and going to dinner with Dale (MM had, not Ed).

Should have been clearer.

:eek:

Not like you to use "He" (do you know your Bible?) to refer to Mick :p

On the other hand being a flag contributor does not erase what has transpired since. Loyalty should not be a retrospective thing. If he is unwilling to buy in then his loyalty and commitment is in question. The club will not and should not match an inflated offer. I wouldn't be surprised if Malthouse has been in constant contact with some of his boys and passing comment on what is transpiring within the club. If he is willing to make public comment, imagine what he is saying in private to 'his boys'. It certainly wouldn't be "Stick with the club mate". The influence in impressionable people would be profound. If this was the case, I wouldn't be so quick to forgive just because he is coached a premiership 3 years ago.

It's not an inflated offer. It is an offer, that happens to be more than ours. How do you know ours isn't the 'deflated' offer?

And talk of Thomas 'holding the club to ransom' (another poster) is ridiculous. It is the club's choice. They are not forced to pay. If they don't want to pay then they don't need to. It is as simple as that.

Anyone who saw Thomas in action for the last time, which was down at Sandringham would not have that gut feeling.

He went hard at one contest, ONE CONTEST, and was never seen from again. He has always been a burst player, and intense player who goes 100% at every contest he could yet when he tried that 2 minutes into his comeback game he broke down again.

I'm just going of what my own eyes saw but the "old Dale Thomas" is dead as a footballer, he will have to entirely change the way he plays football if he wants to last one more year, let alone 4 more seasons.

I won't hold back with my thoughts now he is no longer a Pies player, he's done, cooked, career over as far as the elite Dale Thomas we all knew and loved back in 2010-2011 is concerned.

A four year deal is a club being irresponsible, that's clear to see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back