Dale Thomas to have surgery, out 12-16 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

not a very practical worldview for life

nor a very safe one for playing a contact sport
He was held onto for far too long while he wasn't even touching the ball. He was then slung to the ground after being held. I hate player playing for frees but how could he have expected to get brought to ground when he ball was 5m away. It was poor awareness by the tackler. Just plain bad luck at then end of the day.

Hope he comes back to close to his best, was a very effective player a few years ago and had the fitness coming into this season. Such a shame.

Yeah he played for the free kick. Every player should if they are held on to way after the ball. The ump rightly paid the free.

Yeah that probably contributed to his shoulder dislocating. But he had his arm out braced by the time he hit the ground he just landed on the wrong spot at the wrong time. Shoulder dislocations are a part of footy.

It wasn't a slam tackle so there's no fault with the tackler. And Daisy was hardly diving or cheating, simply doing what you should do if tackled without it. You're kidding yourself if you don't want your players drawing attention to when they are held. It's not over the top theatrics it's basic human nature. Not really different to yelling ball when you catch a guy sitting on it.

Bad news for Carlton and Daisy but he's still only 27. It's not a leg injury so he can get plenty of work in to his legs and conditioning and he might come back better for it. He certainly needs some regular footy but it's not the end of the world just yet.

He was held onto for far too long while he wasn't even touching the ball. He was then slung to the ground after being held. I hate player playing for frees but how could he have expected to get brought to ground when he ball was 5m away. It was poor awareness by the tackler. Just plain bad luck at then end of the day.

Hope he comes back to close to his best, was a very effective player a few years ago and had the fitness coming into this season. Such a shame.

it was the kids first game ffs

Can't believe Dale is being slammed for doing what every single player does when they're tackled without the ball.

Absolutely, Daisy was unlucky to be injured. However, to blame Daisy for injuring his shoulder, is just a case of victim blaming.

it was the kids first game ffs
I think you may have missed my point. In the moment he wouldn't have assumed the tackler would attempt to bring him down when the ball left his possession. The fact he got taken down was unexpected as most times the tackler would be aware their opponent hasn't got the ball. I'm not having a go at Mcintosh in any way.

I think you may have missed my point. In the moment he wouldn't have assumed the tackler would attempt to bring him down when the ball left his possession. The fact he got taken down was unexpected as most times the tackler would be aware their opponent hasn't got the ball. I'm not having a go at Mcintosh in any way.
This.

I don't think Thomas was expecting McIntosh to follow through with the tackle after the ball had been cleared.
Most players plead to the umpires by throwing their arms in the air anyway.
Just unlucky.

assumptions are the mother;

This.

I don't think Thomas was expecting McIntosh to follow through with the tackle after the ball had been cleared.
Most players plead to the umpires by throwing their arms in the air anyway.
Just unlucky.

Never assume you wont get rough treatment. Especially in the first minute of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had no injury troubles until he did his ankle in late 2012 and went surfing instead of getting an operation and without a preseason never really recovered in 2013. Apart from that and his latest self inflicted injury caused by his own stupidity, hes been very durable and consistent, with 16 games in his debut season his lowest season game count apart from 2013.

Exactly the only poster on here that has hit the nail on the head. Remember after he did it, he took the money to do ads in Spain for Adidas (I think) after the surfing incident. I also blame collingwood for allowing him to do this. I can't be bothered right now but if you go back you will find the reports of collingwood not putting their foot down. I thought at the time, this will just turn into a nightmare. I also believe that he never got back into form after he was reported in the Fremantle match (2011) and came back underdone. Easy to say in retrospect but when your team is meant to be at the top of its game you always get concerned with little things like that. The moral of the story, never flirt with form.

Yes getting unneccessarily reported on the eve of a finals series in an in form team that was looking to go back to back was the start of the rot in 2011. He has form for brain fades and this manifested itself again yesterday and might cost him half a season or more.
How is it a brain fade?
Stop injury bashing and take your Thomas hate elsewhere

Seriously everyone critiquing if he should or shouldnt have had his arms up should take a look in the mirror. Get stuffed

He was such a gun & was looking to be over his injuries
Here's hoping for a quick recovery & he gets back to his best
On a more important note, I wish him & his wife all the best with the baby

Shoulder popped back in if no tears 1-2 weeks.
Popped shoulders bloody hurt like hell - I think he will be fine looked worse than it was I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back