Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Good video on Mavs trade options here:

Probably tends to overpay a bit but it’s a thorough exploration of our options and they’re all compliant with cap/trade restrictions etc

I like our moves overall. Think we improved.

Klay might be a little bit concerning on the defensive end but will give him the benefit of the doubt on a team he will presumably actually try on. He was completely checked out on the Warriors.

Agree...plus we have much better rim protection too with Gaff and Lively so that will ease the pressure on his D

The DJJ one was interesting...I can't help but think Klutch were trying to pull a bit of a swifty by signing him as a client on the eve of free agency so the Mavs would have had to wait 15 days to negotiate with him...that would have severely hampered Nico's ability to sign Klay and increased his chances of signing with Lebron's Lakers

Speculation I know but the speed at which both Nico pivoted to Marshall and Klutch announced the Clippers deal makes me think there was Klutch-****ery going on

Agree...plus we have much better rim protection too with Gaff and Lively so that will ease the pressure on his D

The DJJ one was interesting...I can't help but think Klutch were trying to pull a bit of a swifty by signing him as a client on the eve of free agency so the Mavs would have had to wait 15 days to negotiate with him...that would have severely hampered Nico's ability to sign Klay and increased his chances of signing with Lebron's Lakers

Speculation I know but the speed at which both Nico pivoted to Marshall and Klutch announced the Clippers deal makes me think there was Klutch-****ery going on
Love that Nico just said fk that to waiting around. Something past Mavs front offices have been burned on multiple times.

So impressed by Nico and the new front office, honestly they've made every move a winner pretty much.

Shooting was so hot and cold during the playoffs. Mostly cold.

Klay, Grimes and Naji as a group is far better than THJ, Josh and Jones.

Defensively, Jones will be missed. But Green was overrated on that end.

Huge improvement to the team IMO.

Would love Dennis Smith Jnr signed aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I feel like non-Mavs fans think Josh Green is way better than he actually is.

Can only really shoot when super open and is not that great defensively. Great hustle player, can be an amazing passer and is a good transition player but will often over think things and muck himself up too.

Yeah I feel like non-Mavs fans think Josh Green is way better than he actually is.

Can only really shoot when super open and is not that great defensively. Great hustle player, can be an amazing passer and is a good transition player but will often over think things and muck himself up too.

Yeah, he’s a good defender off the ball and can shoot the gap for steals but he seems to get weirdly stuck on screens compared to others…is it poor peripheral vision? Poor technique? I’m unsure but I’m happy to have Grimes who’s an upgrade at both ends, especially as an on-ball defender

I’d prefer DSJ on the bench to Dinwiddie…I just feel like he’s a better defender and will be far more grateful for the opportunity…Spencer was great with the Mavs but it’s surely no coincidence that his past 3 teams have traded let him or let him go

What about AJ Lawson? I can’t imagine why we’d hang on to him and guarantee his 2nd and 3rd years…if they waive him now, we owe him nothing…what am I missing?

Do they want to trade his contract knowing that the other team can waive him and save the cap space? Is that how that could work?

Yeah, he’s a good defender off the ball and can shoot the gap for steals but he seems to get weirdly stuck on screens compared to others…is it poor peripheral vision? Poor technique? I’m unsure but I’m happy to have Grimes who’s an upgrade at both ends, especially as an on-ball defender

I’d prefer DSJ on the bench to Dinwiddie…I just feel like he’s a better defender and will be far more grateful for the opportunity…Spencer was great with the Mavs but it’s surely no coincidence that his past 3 teams have traded let him or let him go
Yeah with Klay on board, I'd rather DSJ too.

Loved the ride this year on the Mavs ... first time I have backed a team and they have made the finals and not won ... Naji is a better basketballer than Green and Splash2 is clearly a better shooter than DJJ but your Mavs have lost all your athleticism on the wing ... only your centres play above the rim

Last edited:
Loved the ride this year on the Mavs ... first time I have backed a team and they have made the finals ... Naji is a better basketballer and Green and Splash2 is clearly a better shooter than DJJ but your Mavs have lost all your athleticism on the wing ... only your centres play above the rim
That's a pretty fair critique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a pretty fair critique.
Thanks ... maybe just maybe you have put together a roster that can beat Boston in 7 games

I think that you need to make one more trade ... and it definitely won't happen ... and I ain't saying that he is a better player by no means ... though I think that you would have a better balanced side if you traded Kyrie for LaVine ... they both give their side 25, 5 and 5 at 39% from 3 ... but trying to win it with two ball dominant guards with no-one to throw a lob to in transition ain't happening ...

I just think that you have assembled a team to beat Boston but the team won't make it through the Western Conference to find out ... we will get to find out though because that trade ain't happening

Remove this Banner Ad

Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back