Damage control: Yet another St.Kilda scandal Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep according to the report on SEN- they can claim on future earnings for 15 years. Haven't they screwed up this girls life enough already?

lol, HQ got stung for $350,000 for publishing a photo of ET in their national magazine.

This girl posted it onto her facebook page (which has since been removed) and then others perpetuated it further. How many realistically saw it from what she posted without it being forwarded by others? 100?

What they ask for and what they get from a 17yo is a big big big difference.

Please point out to me anywhere where it has been confirmed that Gilbert slept with her.

Not that its anyone's business anyway.

Note : I'm not saying he didn't. But I'm not saying he did either. People have to bear in mind how unreliable and unstable this girl obviously is and take everything she says with a grain of salt.

It would be far more pertinent for you to point out anywhere that it has been denied that 2 St Kilda players slept with her and subsequently got her pregnant. Just even find us a crumb where it has been intimated that at no time did anyone who has been accused of sleeping with her actually slept with her. No denial in such a serious case as this is tacit confirmation. You have to be able to comprehend that.

How come the police officer was charged with having sex with a minor (cant remember technical term) and no footballers have been? Even though she was pregnant at the time, which I am sure was said in court, meaning she was with the footballer first?

I am sure a good prosecutor could link the football clinic and meeting up afterwards, if they wanted to. Presenting any mobile phone records (texts/phone calls) could do that.

If they are all innocent, have their day in court to prove it.

The actual photos are the tip of the iceberg IMO.

Bingo. Thats why the club and AFL are after shutting this down asap. Intimdating and threatening the media and girl.

If you believe that Andy D is concerned about anything but the AFL then you maybe should head down to Docklands and see if they can offer you any free counselling out of the goodness of their hearts.

AD has got 3 daughters.
Of course he'd be concerned for her.

But not only that, he does have to take into account the AFL's reputation. Again, imagine the uproar if the girl did something stupid and it was discovered that the AFL sat on its hands and did nothing after being approached by her in an obviously unwell mental state.

Would you approve the AFL doing nothing in this case ?

If you believe that Andy D is concerned about anything but the AFL then you maybe should head down to Docklands and see if they can offer you any free counselling out of the goodness of their hearts.

I am concerned about this young woman, I feel sorry for her, she clearly needs help. Maybe Andy D does as well. I am not a fan of Vlad but he may be a reasonable human being.

Even if he was only concerned about the AFL, then he was clearly correct to offer her counselling. From the time the story about her being pregnant broke this has been a nightmare for the AFL, if free counselling could stop some of the damage the AFL would jump at it.

she has said repeatedly that her parents arent talking to her and arent supporting her in all this. now if you were a parent, and you think there is even a slight chance your 17 year old daughter had been legitimately used or abused, wouldnt you be the first ones to support her? i think thats the main part where she lost me.

In a nice perfect world.. yep...unfortunately there are plenty of homeless kids that have been abused by those who are suppose to support them.

lol, HQ got stung for $350,000 for publishing a photo of ET in their national magazine.

This girl posted it onto her facebook page (which has since been removed) and then others perpetuated it further. How many realistically saw it from what she posted without it being forwarded by others? 100?

What they ask for and what they get from a 17yo is a big big big difference.

You'd know why he got $350,000 if you saw the photo:eek:.

Fair enough. Stretching a long bow here but, if they originally met at the Footy Clinic, and evidence (mobile phone/Social Network records)supports the players knew this. Can they be charged in a similar way? As they were running the clinic and in effect the student was under their care at the time of first meeting.

Different scenario really. They are not employed as teachers as such, its a community thing so it would be a rather tenuous connection to part of the legislation. If there was some sexual contact at the time, well then potentially. But there is no suggestion whatsoever that occurred and she has since said that they didn't actually meet personally on that day but later in a nightclub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AD has got 3 daughters.
Of course he'd be concerned for her.

But not only that, he does have to take into account the AFL's reputation. Again, imagine the uproar if the girl did something stupid and it was discovered that the AFL sat on its hands and did nothing after being approached by her in an obviously unwell mental state.

Would you approve the AFL doing nothing in this case ?

According to you nothing happened so why would the AFL do anything?

So you claim to know that this girl was in an "unwell mental state"? Where is there any proof of this? Where has it been documented?

FFS - she could have been showing the journalist some family holiday snaps for all you know.

Would the journalist looking at those snaps have said 'but these are holiday snaps, where are the AFL snaps?'. Either there are photos or lazy journalism - both strong contendors.

I'm very, very disapointed by the club if they really are taking money from this girl.

All photo's stopped being released? Yes
All Photo's Destroyed? Yes
Even a Restraining order for this crazy person? Yes

But I think that skimming her earnings for the next 15 years is a bit much.

Agree with that. Perhaps they might try and get any largesse from selling the story to Women's Weekly, but garnering the wages for years on end guarantees to be a major nuisance for St Kilda.

she has said repeatedly that her parents arent talking to her and arent supporting her in all this. now if you were a parent, and you think there is even a slight chance your 17 year old daughter had been legitimately used or abused, wouldnt you be the first ones to support her? i think thats the main part where she lost me.

You don't believe her because you don't believe the bad parents exist? Surely you haven't had that privileged an upbringing?

It would be far more pertinent for you to point out anywhere that it has been denied that 2 St Kilda players slept with her and subsequently got her pregnant. Just even find us a crumb where it has been intimated that at no time did anyone who has been accused of sleeping with her actually slept with her. No denial in such a serious case as this is tacit confirmation. You have to be able to comprehend that.

WTF - "serious case".
It wasn't illegal even if it did happen.

And players don't have to say anything. In fact, I'm sure they would have been advised to say nothing as to either confirm or deny would just give the story more traction.

I'm very, very disapointed by the club if they really are taking money from this girl.

All photo's stopped being released? Yes
All Photo's Destroyed? Yes
Even a Restraining order for this crazy person? Yes

But I think that skimming her earnings for the next 15 years is a bit much.

Taking money from her is not the aim of the game, the club does not need her money. It is to scare off media like channel 7 who showed a copy of the photo on TV & maybe to put the worst light possable on it to scare off other groupies that may have nasty pics etc.

That being said, while I am fairly sure that the club is not interested in skimming her earnings, the players who have been injuried in this may be interested in some payback. If I was Roo I would be so angry at the moment that revenge would be big on my mind, make her pay for 15 years. I can see how Roo might be thinking that at present.

Daytripper, you are either the most dedicated troll on the BigFooty forums, or you lost/never gained the ability to think critically.

It has become obvious at this point that there is a liar somewhere.
Many people (not just in this thread) have come to conclusion that St Kilda's side of the story is less believable.

Why do you have such a hard time accepting this?

Taking money from her is not the aim of the game, the club does not need her money. It is to scare off media like channel 7 who showed a copy of the photo on TV & maybe to put the worst light possable on it to scare off other groupies that may have nasty pics etc.

That being said, while I am fairly sure that the club is not interested in skimming her earnings, the players who have been injuried in this may be interested in some payback. If I was Roo I would be so angry at the moment that revenge would be big on my mind, make her pay for 15 years. I can see how Roo might be thinking that at present.

Doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.

That would disapear with a legal guarentee it would all go to charity.

According to you nothing happened so why would the AFL do anything?

So you claim to know that this girl was in an "unwell mental state"? Where is there any proof of this? Where has it been documented?

Andrew Demetriou has been quoted as saying that he believes the girl was not mentally stable.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/see-you-in-court-saints-to-teenager-20101222-195nh.html

AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou told 3AW that the AFL had met the girl at least 20 times since April, when she says she became pregnant to a different St Kilda player. She has said that she lost the baby.

Demetriou said she was a ''very young girl who has obviously got some issues'' and needed professional help.

So you're AD - you meet a girl who is obviously mentally unwell.
You then kick her out of the office and move on.

Fortunately AD is not as callous or as stupid as you are.

Different scenario really. They are not employed as teachers as such, its a community thing so it would be a rather tenuous connection to part of the legislation. If there was some sexual contact at the time, well then potentially. But there is no suggestion whatsoever that occurred and she has since said that they didn't actually meet personally on that day but later in a nightclub.

Important for St.Kilda to state they assumed she was 18...and why Reiwoldt is stating that Gilbert took the photo.... from the Victorian.legal aid site
Sixteen to 17 years old

A person who is caring for you or supervising you, like a teacher, youth worker or foster carer, can't have sex with you or sexually touch you or perform a sexual act in front of you, even if you agree, unless they are married to you. However, it is not an offence if the person honestly believed you were 18 or older.

You'd know why he got $350,000 if you saw the photo:eek:.

:D I did see it, I remember the furore very well. ...... hey I don't recall agreeing to THAT shot through the bathroom window, where did that come from?

Some would say the exposure there was much greater and of course every distribution of that was done by HQ. As opposed to "snrk, snrk OMFGZ check out the pix this chick just posted" as it went viral.

I had a client who was threatened with defamation as a result of a facebook status update, pretty much all petered out when it was discovered who then bounced it about and what the limit of the damage was as a result of the one action taken by my client, it all gets pretty complicated in a digital world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back