List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

CD's usual messaging is something like:

"Dan wants to get home to Victoria, and we like to do the right thing by our people, so we will try to facilitate that".

"History will tell you that it might take a while, but these deals usually get done."

That sort of soft commentary appears to have been skipped for Dan, which is a good sign from the outside.

CD's usual messaging is something like:

"Dan wants to get home to Victoria, and we like to do the right thing by our people, so we will try to facilitate that".

"History will tell you that it might take a while, but these deals usually get done."

That sort of soft commentary appears to have been skipped for Dan, which is a good sign from the outside.

If CD ever said that I would interpret it as meaning we will cave in.

This is one deal I do not want to get done. I want Houston to stay and see out the contract he signed in March 2022. If Dan does go it should be for two first round Draft Picks- accept nothing less.

Our list management team should start fights in the corridors with opposing list management teams !!

anchorman GIF

It’s becoming a joke, like most things happening at the club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hardly. Testing the market to see if we can get a premium return while holding firm on retaining him otherwise is great business by the club. Houston has done/said all the right things as well, won't be embarrassed if he is retained.

The joke is all on Carlton who have been crying out for him but refusing to make a reasonable offer. Also on Melbourne to be fair for shitting the bed when they had him in the bag.

It’s becoming a joke, like most things happening at the club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How is it a joke?

We're respecting Dan's wishes and employing due diligence to explore trade options. Dan is aware if we can't get fair compensation then he stays in SA, which has been the club's position from the outset.

I'm honestly not sure how it could be any less of a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back