List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have I missed something here? We've gone from 2 top 10 picks, to 2 first rounders, to one first rounder and a good second, to pick 2 being overs?

Are we being buttered up to take another rogering?

AA in the last two seasons, 3 years left on contract, will easily be in any clubs top few. If Rioli and Smith are inside the top 10, then two first rounders for Dan isn't unreasonable.

You're worried because supporters on a football forum can't agree on a value?

Has the club changed its position publicly?

Can’t we just convince him to give us one more year until the likes of Sinn, Lorenz come on or Williams pulls his finger out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can’t we just convince him to give us one more year until the likes of Sinn, Lorenz come on or Williams pulls his finger out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The 3 years left on his contract is all the convincing he needs. If anyone is offering a future pick they can see him in 26

North would be really keen to get Trainor so can't see them giving up pick 2 unless they can split it and keep the pick that guarantees them getting Trainor. I'd be thinking they'd be worried about saints pouncing on him as well with their two picks. So yeah unless we can find a way for roos to get a pick back to get Trainor then I can't see them giving up pick 2 for Houston

North would be really keen to get Trainor so can't see them giving up pick 2 unless they can split it and keep the pick that guarantees them getting Trainor. I'd be thinking they'd be worried about saints pouncing on him as well with their two picks. So yeah unless we can find a way for roos to get a pick back to get Trainor then I can't see them giving up pick 2 for Houston

All that means is that they're not serious about getting him.

I'm amazed at the number of posters here who think these clubs pursuing Houston and throwing huge offers at him can then pick and choose what they give up to get him.

Noble and Rioli are only "worth" that because Gold Coast don't need those picks. Those prices wouldn't be entertained at other clubs. Dan is worth Pick 2 though.
This is why things are so fkd.
A team like Gold Coast who couldn’t win a chock raffle don’t need good picks because like GWS they’ve had everything including the kitchen sink given to them.

This is why things are so fkd.
A team like Gold Coast who couldn’t win a chock raffle don’t need good picks because like GWS they’ve had everything including the kitchen sink given to them.
Yeah, but on the flipside without the Northern Academies, the NSW and QLD clubs will use their picks to draft kids from the Heartland states.

Yeah, but on the flipside without the Northern Academies, the NSW and QLD clubs will use their picks to draft kids from the Heartland states.

But then they will have to at least use the same draft picks as the rest of us.

Everyone says this. But if we did abolish compensation, you can say goodbye to any notion of equalisation.

The only solution is to scrap free agency entirely. Which imo is the right thing. It doesn’t suit our game.
The shit part is every club (via picks pushed back) pays the price for one club benefiting. Scrap restricted free agency and for the current full free agents, make it that the club they are going to has to pay the current compensation cost to the club coming from. Players still get to go where they want to (the free agent part), but it's just the club benefiting paying the cost not every other club not involved.

Noble and Rioli are only "worth" that because Gold Coast don't need those picks. Those prices wouldn't be entertained at other clubs. Dan is worth Pick 2 though.
Paying that price for those players and then expecting a first for a twice/thrice dropped Lukosius on a back-loaded contract is less than consistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 2 for a soon to be 28yr old in May next year is massive.
Pick 2 itself is probably worth two picks in the later part of the top 10. I think you are massively underselling what a top 3 pick is worth compared to picks greater than 5 or 6.

A club is giving up an absolute star at pick 2 for the next 12-15 years for a star half back who probably has 3-4 years of his absolute prime left.
Pick 2 this year would be at one of its lowest ever values. There’s a reason North and West Coast are looking to split picks 2&3

Without their academies producing players the overall pool is smaller. Imagine every team having two or three Jeds running around.

Once the revised discount comes in next year it should be better.

All AFL clubs have Academies but are limited by who they can take from them. All the players should be available.

Think North are actually keen on Noah Mraz.

A mid teens pick would pretty much be a safe call to pick him up. We should also be keen on Mraz.

Was going around months ago they liked him anyway maybe things change but he's as likely as any KPD in the draft.

Like that most free agents leave the lesser clubs to go to top clubs, all this is doing is making the top clubs stronger and the bottom clubs weaker.
Yep.

Broke - Scrap free agency compo picks
Woke - Scrap free agency entirely

Article online says Carlton going to give up 2025 1st and 2nd to get pick 13 from Suns.

Seems stupid, pick 13 won't be enough to get the deal done for Dan. They'd need to give 13 and 12 + would've given 2nd next year for nothing as 12 + f1 probably gets it done regardless

Last edited:
Article online says Carlton going to give up 2025 1st and 2nd to get pick 13 from Suns.

Seems stupid, pick 13 won't be enough to get the deal done for Dan. They'd need to give 13 and 12 + would've given 2nd next year for nothing as 12 + f1 probably gets it done regardless
Why not give us 11 and next years 1st and 2nd done

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back