List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah just keep Houston. a) you've lived in Adelaide for 7 years, if you managed to pull this bird whilst you were living here, WTF do suddenly desperately have to move there to be with her? b) If the bird was truly devoted to you, she'd move here. I doubt her career is making the kind of coin you are making. If she's not prepared to make that sacrifice, even for a few years, mate that is Red Flags.

Yeah just keep Houston. a) you've lived in Adelaide for 7 years, if you managed to pull this bird whilst you were living here, WTF do suddenly desperately have to move there to be with her? b) If the bird was truly devoted to you, she'd move here. I doubt her career is making the kind of coin you are making. If she's not prepared to make that sacrifice, even for a few years, mate that is Red Flags.
hahaha Papa G talking about women and red flags.

Could be a Ryan O’Keefe, Tom Papley type situation

Freo's 2 picks wouldn't be enough for 2 anyway. The only club seemingly willing to part with picks of the right value appears to be GC. You'd have to be looking to try and collect their 6 and 10 or whatever it is, and then pass it on, but obviously they are tied up with other deals. I think 6 alone probably gets the deal done for Dan. 10 would require another late 1st.

Very hard to see how they get this done, but I suspect that the club's will find a way. Port tend to try and be the nice guy and help facilitate the move. If Carlton gave up 11 and a future first, that'd get it done as well. But they've gotta realise the value.

Guess another club could still come into play if Dan is extremely keen.
6 by itself? Why?

So we should take less than Richmond is asking for each of Bolton and Rioli?

They won't do anything with that future 1st though. That'll be the problem. They'd be better off just doing straight 6 and removing all other risk. The future first could be anywhere from 1-4.
I’m starting to suspect a lot of port posters don’t watch non-port games.

I’m not sure how anyone could have remotely glanced at Richmond or west coast this year and think those teams are going to lose key players and somehow not finish bottom 2.

If Richmond win a game next year it will be a pretty big shock. Never has a spooner lost the amount of talent they’re losing in one offseason.

There’s no way north get pick 1 next year.

6 by itself? Why?

I’m not sure how anyone could have remotely glanced at Richmond or west coast this year and think those teams are going to lose key players and somehow not finish bottom 2.

If Richmond win a game next year it will be a pretty big shock. Never has a spooner lost the amount of talent they’re losing in one offseason.

West Coast could easily finish above North. We have zero idea how it might pan out. All we know is that North will absolutely be in that bottom group of teams. No one in our prediction thread picked the Tigers for the spoon this year.

IMO North aren't trading a top 4 pick for Houston, he isn't worth that. There seems to be some mass delusion that Houston is netting is some miracle draft haul, just because the 2x 1sts has been laid out. 2x1sts probably equates to a couple low teen picks, that'd be fair, or probably one pick around 5-6 would be more than enough with some late shuffling to compensate for Dan. There's no world in which we're getting a first round this year and then Norths future first. That's dreaming.

Rioli also isn't going for 6 direct, every time that is said, it has then been qualified by people as being because of other reasons, think it was Rich paying the salary of something , but I can't remember them, but even Gold Coast aren't stupid enough to do it straight.

Two first rounders made me flinch. A free hit free agent that could partially cover his loss started me thinking "why the feck not"?
We aren't getting the free hit.
The two first rounders disappeared with the Melbourne cluster****.
Maybe we just keep the player who is probably in the best 4 players on our list, contracted for the next 3 years in the prime age for AFL footballers and do what we need to do to get his girlfriend a fecking good job in Adelaide. Shit, find a good job for her parents here too.

6 by itself? Why?

Unless you count Essendon.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Norths Pick 2 could still be in the game. And I hope the club holds strong for long enough for Norf to put it on the table.

North are desperate for key leadership players, and Dan gives them that, along with being the best in his position for the past 2 years. North could push to a 10-14th spot next year with Dan onboard. It also helps their image as a wanted ‘destination club’ to finally get a star.

I have no doubt Melbourne would put Pick 5 on the table if Dan actually wanted to go there. It’s not that different.

We’re master simperys. Remember CD saying a few years back we have a good track record of getting players to requested states or clubs that they wish to go to. If that means a mid teens pick and or a top tenner we bend over every time

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back