List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s gonna hurt seeing Houston running around in another team’s colours. We had better get a good deal to pacify us.
If it's North, I would not care.

Honestly, the best option for us now is to keep Dan.
In my opinion he is in our top 3 footballers (and the most skilled) why the **** would we let him go for anything less than a top 10 pick and even then there is no guarantee we pick up a decent AFL footballer.

Last edited:
Think I would like Hotton as a minimum in the draft. I'm not sure Carlton is offering a pick that lands him.

6 doesn't guarantee Draper but it might guarantee one of Draper/Reid/Smillie/Lalor who Port may see as a cut above.

Have an open mind on what's better.
I would prefer to draft a KPP who can either be the No.1 Key Forward or No.1 Key Defender. Personally think we are stacked enough in the midfield.

I would prefer to draft a KPP who can either be the No.1 Key Forward or No.1 Key Defender. Personally think we are stacked enough in the midfield.
Think we need to move away from the old-school beast type KPP and move onto a mobile forward line with multiple targets that are on the move. If we get 2 picks between 10 and 18, getting Tauru and Hotton would be awesome for us. But if its a pick between 13 and 16 I think Tauru will go by then so Hotton it is. Dont mind it as it would give Rozee the opportunity to play forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Set in the midfield ? Maybe. We’ve got some good high quality options, but lack depth.

Also, wines is nearly done and I think butters drew jhf and rozee would be best served by having a big bodied bash and crash onballer to throw in that mix.

As for kpp sure, they’re always good to add, but the fact we’re giving up Houston for this pick makes me a little risk averse. Would be horrid to lose him for a player that busts.

IFFFF we trade him it’s better for us he goes to North.

Both Carlton and Collingwood become so much stronger with him in their team.

North improves but it’s more palatable.

This is all obviously dependent on the deal offered.

He’s our best deliverer into the f50 and such a great mark and composed player. My first choice is no deal is done.

If we trade him we go from contender at the pointy end (regardless of whether Hinkley can get us ove the final hump or not) to middling team at best.

Blues or pies get him either team becomes cup favourites imo. Both strong teams that will get favourable draws and if they get a good start will get looked after “it’s coming home”.

Their future 1st rounders have to be viewed as likely to be very late 1sts.

Houston goes to north he improves them massively, I think they’re due a bit of improvement anyway but he’s exactly what they need.

I seriously don’t think we should trade him to Carlton or Collingwood irrespective of his wishes unless the trade is balanced in our favour. The thought of him lacing up Carlton’s forwards sickens me.

Dealing with the Kangaroos to secure good first round picks is appealing. I have some confidence that we have HBF quality and depth that will cover Houston in the long term (Logan Evans especially). A mid-sized backman squad of Bergman, Jones, Evans, Sinn, Farrell with R. Burgoyne and Montgomery to join, is a good start. I think there’s also a huge incentive for Williams to get his act together and come back in as a good kicker who can break lines with his passing. We all know his limitations but there’s still something there to work with.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back