News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

You're coming around.
I'm not mad about it. I don't see why any Port supporter would be mad about that comment, I thought it was hilarious. If I was a Collingwood supporter I'd be mad about it.

I think people need to stop speculating or having any concerns as to the people I'm speaking to, and rather, focus on the topics at hand, in this case, Houston's trade to Collingwood.

Okay

We accepted massive unders to the point where we're only competing with the Bulldogs for the worst performing club in the trade period according to basically everyone who has an opinion on the matter.

The question now is why?

Davies and Cripps effectively dodged the question when asked, so we have to speculate based on the information we have available to us.

The inside info that we had (from you, and I have no question that you have a high level contact) in the lead up to the trade was saying all the right things about not accepting a bad deal, but we did, so what are the internal machinations within the club that led to that happening? Was it a purely Davies and Cripps call, was the board involved, is the board frustrated with the return etc etc etc

Do we have a situation where your source is being fed misinformation? Wouldn't shock me with this club, they always work the hardest to be insular and block out alternative opinions. You can't give us this info an expect us to not speculate about it, especially when it doesn't pay off.

Okay

We accepted massive unders to the point where we're only competing with the Bulldogs for the worst performing club in the trade period according to basically everyone who has an opinion on the matter.
We're not competing with the Bulldogs. They accepted massive unders on an uncontracted player rather than letting him leave for nothing. Unfortunate but it happens. We had a player contracted for three years. We were entirely in control of our own destiny, and inexplicably accepted massive unders anyway.

One things for sure his time with Port ended in a Bang Knocked Rankine rotten and that was the end .
I reckon his manager might have realised that he was worth more than we were paying him , although at the time it was about right . That along with his girlfriend and his own family ties looks like it became a perfect storm . Trouble was we.got bent over in the trade , we shouldā€™ve got overs and we ended up with unders .

GaOlwiubUAUZ97I

"whole year" interesting
Mmmm

Remove this Banner Ad

News Dan Houston traded to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back