Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Only if Houston says no and Port Power settle for around pick 10 which is his around his trade value.
We could always split our pick #2 for 2 picks inside the top 10 to Freo and offer the 2nd pick around #10 plus our F1st for Houston and Ports F2nd which Port would be happy with and he gets back to Victoria..As he hasn't nominated a club and has just stated he wants out it is now in Ports hands to get themselves the best deal..

Reckon the offer from North would be something like our F1 for Houston and Port's F2, valuing him at around pick 5-8, depending where we both (are likely to) finish.
We need to find an early pick in this years draft so we either have to offer another club our F1 and get their early pick or split pick#2 for 2 picks and give Port one of those picks. We are in the best position to offer Port the best deal..

We could always split our pick #2 for 2 picks inside the top 10 to Freo and offer the 2nd pick around #10 plus our F1st for Houston and Ports F2nd which Port would be happy with and he gets back to Victoria..As he hasn't nominated a club and has just stated he wants out it is now in Ports hands to get themselves the best deal..
Done.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to find an early pick in this years draft so we either have to offer another club our F1 and get their early pick or split pick#2 for 2 picks and give Port one of those picks. We are in the best position to offer Port the best deal..
Why do we need to find an early pick in this year's draft? We have pick 2? And Port would be interested in our F1?

I think you could jump up higher than that, and I don’t think the equivalent value of pick 10 is enough, especially with the risk of it being worse if either you are better or us worse.
It's all academic for you of course if its then traded on as part of the Luko deal for a 2024 GC pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do we need to find an early pick in this year's draft? We have pick 2? And Port would be interested in our F1?
Port have stated that they want 2 early picks in this years draft not future F1st...but l think they will take 1 if its #10 or under....

Seems all the rage this year. Ask for a trade but don't pick a club till as late as possible. I've honestly never seen it like this with Baker, Cumming and Houston now. It's weird.
Bolton also has not nominated a club , Only requested to be traded back to WA

Last edited:
Port have stated that they want 2 early picks in this years draft not future F1st...but l think they will take 1 if its #10 or under....
I think North would be in the box seat to get Houston, just far better positioned in the draft to get the deal done.

Carlton don’t even have a top 10 draft pick, and they would have to trade a future first as well, can’t see it

If he is heading our way, I'd say it would be for a future 1st in total value

That might need to be traded for a current 1st, which would likely be Port's preference
I really cant see any club trading a 1st round pick this year better than 16-19 for Carltons F1
this draft is much deeper and Now compared to 2025

maybe sydney with the 2 very very late picks may swap 1 but that doesnt get the deal done

I really cant see any club trading a 1st round pick this year better than 16-19 for Carltons F1
this draft is much deeper and Now compared to 2025

maybe sydney with the 2 very very late picks may swap 1 but that doesnt get the deal done

Let's say Tigers land the Dockers late pick as part of the Bolton deal, would they trade that for our future 1st?

Suns also want more currency next year, would they trade 12 for a future 1st?

Either scenario would require shuffling of other picks

I think you could jump up higher than that, and I don’t think the equivalent value of pick 10 is enough, especially with the risk of it being worse if either you are better or us worse.
North would be stupid to give up pick 10 for him, by the time their list is ready for a flag tilt Houston will be getting too old.

Carlton made the same mistake a few years ago giving away pick 6 or 8 for saad, dont trade away a future 10 year player for an AA HBF in their late 20s until you are making finals and need that push to get to top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back