Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

With GC wanting Noble I feel that gives us an edge to get pick 13.

You hold on to that dream, imagine getting pick 13 for a reserve player you deemed 24th man in last years GF.

Nick Daicos would be the only player on your list these days worth more. Even Josh Daicos wouldn't attract bids of 13. It's delusional at best, to think Johnny Nobel would attract a bid that high.

Last edited:
Really cant work out why Houston would not want to go to north
They are primed to be the big improvers in 2025 with the talent they have on the list and the cap space they have

Easy trade to get to north
Will get a nice uplift on his contract
North will get Darling & Parker to add experience
Good experienced coach
#2 + #22 again in this years draft for even more talent
Will also be in the mix for another 1-2 free agents in 2025

Really cant work out why Houston would not want to go to north
They are primed to be the big improvers in 2025 with the talent they have on the list and the cap space they have

Easy trade to get to north
Will get a nice uplift on his contract
North will get Darling & Parker to add experience
Good experienced coach
#2 + #22 again in this years draft for even more talent
Will also be in the mix for another 1-2 free agents in 2025

They are not a big market club and they don't regularly play finals. It probably doesn't appeal to him.

You hold on to that dream, Imagine getting pick 13 for a reserves players you deemed 24th man in last years GF.

Nick Daicos would be the only player on your list these days worth more. Even Josh Daicos wouldn't attract bids of 13. It's delusional at best, to think Johnny Nobel would attract a bid that high.
I think you might be the one who has no idea. I never said Noble = 13. But we are in the box seat to use Noble to get 13 as part of a deal.

You hold on to that dream, Imagine getting pick 13 for a reserves players you deemed 24th man in last years GF.

Imagine not being able to understand the difference between Noble = 13 and Noble being a part of a package offered for pick 13.

How embarrassing for you.

Not that I support a big Melbourne Club, but you are trading a soon to be 28 year old player. If he was 23 or 24, sure, you'd be right. You're basically saying 19 year old JHFF was worth the same as Houston in a round about way. He's worth double - you know this and your club benefited greatly on the back of tapping up a former number 1 pick but valuing him as a soon to be 28 year old half back 2x AA flanker. It's mildly amusing, I must say.
Very good analysis.

I think you might be the one who has no idea. I never said Noble = 13. But we are in the box seat to use Noble to get 13 as part of a deal.

Sorry, you think you're going to get 13 for Johnny Noble and you're saying i've got no idea?! I'm flabbergasted. I've never heard anything more ridiculous in all my time. Johnny Noble!? You'd struggle to get something like that for Josh Daicos.

Ok I think I get it. Pies: Noble + 2026 R1 to GC for 13? Which is not so ridiculous. Just bad trading. Is that what you mean? Surely you're not thinking R2?

Last edited:
Sorry, you think you're going to get 13 for Johnny Noble and you're saying i've got no idea?! I'm flabbergasted. I've never heard anything more ridiculous in all my time. Johnny Noble!? You'd struggle to get something like that for Josh Daicos.
All 15 years.
Shouldn't you be in school, so you can work on your comprehension?

The poster you are replying to didn't say Noble-pick 13 straight swap.
The comment was GC wanting Noble places Collingwood in a good position to land pick 13.

What if it was Noble and our F1 for pick 13?

It is still Noble as part of the deal isn't it?

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I think I get it. Pies: Noble + 2026 R1 to GC for 13? Which is not so ridiculous. Just bad trading. Is that what you mean? Surely you're not thinking R2?
That's some Forest Gump like comprehension from you my friend.

Durpa durp.

Crows people are complaining about parting with 28 for ANB, top 3 in B&F this year, yet Collingwood people think Noble, once in the top 10 the past 6 years, is worth pick 13.

Odd!
If I trade in my old car as part of a deal to get a new $40k car, is my old car worth $40k?

All 15 years.

The comment was GC wanting Noble places Collingwood in a good position to land pick 13.

Geez you'd be wanting to back yourself in hard for 2025 with that deal.

It really isnā€™t that hard to comprehend.

From the AFL website:

ā€œCollingwood, meanwhile, is targeting the pick as part of the John Noble trade to the Suns. That would require the Magpies to also give up a future first-round pick, but they would also look to get back pick 23 from Gold Coast in return.

Putting their future first-round pick on the table is a move the Pies may be more open to given Thomas McGuane is shaping as a promising father-son next year, and that scenario would give the Pies picks 13 and 23 to lure Houston, as well as small forward Joe Richards, who has been tipped to take up Port's interest.ā€

All 15 years.

You should take the time to read my entire post. I'm sure you're peasant public high school educated, possibly, and that would have taught you to read the post before sending your rather excellent response! Timestamped for eternity.

All 15 years.

That makes you, what 55-56? JFC.

I've seen 2 flags, you've seen 3. For all your resources, members and awesome fans, i'm not sure it is a great differential considering you're further away from #4 than even I am from #3. But whatever.

I rest my case.

What a stupid response

It's nice to know somebody actually understands. Good luck getting what you want in draft/trade period. I couldn't imagine having to share a city with Port Power fans, you should receive a medal or certificate or something. Or Alternatively you should be made to live in the North or West of Melbourne - it's similar!

I'll spell it out.

Johnny Noble + Collingwood 2026 R1 (Pick 3-8 probably) for Pick 13? I'm reading this wrong somehow! Surely Collingwood aren't that stupid. You damn right that will be accepted, with glee. Literally 1 second after faxing it in, with an associated laugh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back