Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt you'd get that. Your F1 is probably only worth about pick 18-20 in this draft. F1 plus Noble looks about right to me for pick 13. Sydney are supposedly offering GC 19 + 22 for 13. Maybe you could get a current or future third thrown in, but those picks in the twenties are going to get good players this year.
It all comes down to how much they want Noble. I like Sydney's offer more as well. But right now GC are sitting down with Collingwood because they want players more than picks. They mostly want points for Lombard and the two players Rioli and Noble.
According to Ralph Collingwood want 13, 22, 29 for Noble, F1 and pick 49. I think that is way overs but in the end we have a good chance at 13 and 22 simply because they want a future pick (next years accademy picks)and Noble. If we pay a bit more with our pick in the 30s that's okay with me as well. So I would be happy with 13 and 23 for f1, Noble and our 30's pick.

Pies would probably want an extra from GC as part of the Noble deal, which maybe they could then flick to Port as part of the Houston package.
Maybe an F3 or similar. 13, Richards, F3 for Houston would be heaps. I know Houston is contracted but Port's current valuation is really just an ambit claim. In the end, they know he wants to go home, if they knock back fair offers and hold him in SA on significantly less than he could get at home they are going to have a very disgruntled player on their hands.

It all comes down to how much they want Noble. I like Sydney's offer more as well. But right now GC are sitting down with Collingwood because they want players more than picks. They mostly want points for Lombard and the two players Rioli and Noble.
According to Ralph Collingwood want 13, 22, 29 for Noble, F1 and pick 49. I think that is way overs but in the end we have a good chance at 13 and 22 simply because they want a future pick (next years accademy picks)and Noble. If we pay a bit more with our pick in the 30s that's okay with me as well. So I would be happy with 13 and 23 for f1, Noble and our 30's pick.
That would be a good deal for you, and not impossible. I don't think Noble would be such a high priority for GC. They may even completely lose interest if the Rioli deal goes through early. With Rioli, Noble looks like a fringe 22 player on their list. But he clearly wants to go there and they pay extra for players they are confident they can keep.

Maybe an F3 or similar. 13, Richards, F3 for Houston would be heaps. I know Houston is contracted but Port's current valuation is really just an ambit claim. In the end, they know he wants to go home, if they knock back fair offers and hold him in SA on significantly less than he could get at home they are going to have a very disgruntled player on their hands.
The narrative is that Houston prefers Carlton but is willing to consider several other clubs if they can offer Port a good deal.

So Pies might need to pay what they'd consider a bit overs to get the deal done.

That would be a good deal for you, and not impossible. I don't think Noble would be such a high priority for GC. They may even completely lose interest if the Rioli deal goes through early. With Rioli, Noble looks like a fringe 22 player on their list. But he clearly wants to go there and they pay extra for players they are confident they can keep.
Even if they get Rioli I don't see them losing interest. I doubt they do the Rioli trade first anyway. When a player requests a trade it usually means the club will do its best to see it through.

Collingwood gives: John Noble, Joe Richards, F1, Pick 36
Collingwood get: Dan Houston, Pick 57

Gold Coast give: Jack Lukosius, Pick 13
Gold Coast get: John Noble, F1, Pick 39

Port Adelaide give: Dan Houston, Pick 39, Pick 57
Port Adelaide get: Joe Richards, Jack Lukosius, Pick 13, Pick 36

That's awful for the Suns. That deal pretty much values the difference been Lukosius and Noble as Pick 39 (even worse if Pies finish top 6 next season). The gap is far bigger imo

That's awful for the Suns. That deal pretty much values the difference been Lukosius and Noble as Pick 39 (even worse if Pies finish top 6 next season). The gap is far bigger imo
He's on a rotten contract that they want to remove. He's not worth a first round pick if that's what you're getting at

Luko has more talent but Noble is a more consistent player. I think even Suns fans can admit that. Hes not worth much more than that trade wise

I really don't rate Lukosious at all. He might have a Jack Watts type career at Port who ironically is who he reminds me of at times.
I agree on this - I think he is one of the more overrated players in the comp. But trade value is always inflated for KPFs and KPDs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree on this - I think he is one of the more overrated players in the comp. But trade value is always inflated for KPFs and KPDs
He's a taller Will Hoskin-Elliott, who went for a second round pick. Star key forwards and defenders command big trades. Ordinary ones don't. Peter Wright was up there on a lofty contract and was traded for next to nothing.

He can play as a third tall forward and has the versatility to go back. That alone is valuable.
You would pay a first rounder for a third tall? Luko has not played anywhere near consistent footy to warrant that price. Noble has. A defender who defends well, who's a good kick, drives off field standards and on field success, and runs and carries? That is worth more than unrealised talent and that's exactly why Dimma wants him.

Coll: Richards, Noble, F1 > Houston
GC: 13 > Noble, Coll F1
Port: Houston > Richards, 13
13 and Richards is light on for Houston. Would need probably a 2nd rounder thrown in.
Richards' value wouldn't be much different from his original draft position (48).

You would pay a first rounder for a third tall? Luko has not played anywhere near consistent footy to warrant that price. Noble has. A defender who defends well, who's a good kick, drives off field standards and on field success, and runs and carries? That is worth more than unrealised talent and that's exactly why Dimma wants him.
I wouldn't pay that for him - I'm not a fan at all. I'm just predicting what GC will value him at

Reasonable, but seems light on for GC. They get rid of 13 and Lukosius for what will likely be a 1st round downgrade, Noble and 39.

Yeah that’s terrible for us. We have Carlton’s F1 + F2 for 13 on the table, plus are looking at Port’s F1 for Lukosious.

Really whoever gets 13 gets Houston, so if you want him Collingwood need to give us overs on 13, otherwise he’s off to Carlton.

Yeah that’s terrible for us. We have Carlton’s F1 + F2 for 13 on the table, plus are looking at Port’s F1 for Lukosious.

Really whoever gets 13 gets Houston, so if you want him Collingwood need to give us overs on 13, otherwise he’s off to Carlton.
Not sure that’s the case. I can’t see what Carlton would add to 13 to make it worth ports while trading him there.

Isn't it pick 13 for either Carl's F1+F2, or Coll's F1+Noble. That puts Noble's value at F2.

Not sure why it has to be more complicated than this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back