Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought you were trading Noble and something for 13?

Surely you're not trading Noble and F1 for 13
How are we gonna get a first rounder in without offloading one out?

You’ll be offloading a first rounder of your own for Lukosius in all this once you get 13 in …

So there’s plenty of vested interests at stake

If Collingwood have told them them that they’ll only deal Noble in a deal with pick 13 involved (which is allegedly what they’ve done and why GC are negotiating with them on it before other clubs), then no, they couldn’t.
Noble is contracted for two more years and the club have been very upfront that they’ll only trade him if the deal is right.
If that was the case then personally I would walk away from Noble if I was the Suns. With Rioli coming in and Budarick and Weller already solid options in similar roles.

NB: I know they won't do this.

If Collingwood have told them them that they’ll only deal Noble in a deal with pick 13 involved (which is allegedly what they’ve done and why GC are negotiating with them on it before other clubs), then no, they couldn’t.
Noble is contracted for two more years and the club have been very upfront that they’ll only trade him if the deal is right.
Then we should say thanks for the chat and focus on getting future picks in (Carl F1 + F2) to pay for Zeke & others, and Rioli from Richmond.

You can keep Noble and Carlton get Houston, everyone’s happy :)

I thought you were trading Noble and something for 13?

Surely you're not trading Noble and F1 for 13
Some reports have us asking for 13, 23 and 29 for Noble and our future first, others have it just as 13+23 for Noble and our F1.

Either way it won’t be just 13 for Noble and our F1.

You need to have some balls at some point otherwise you are wasting the peak years of some players.

There’s no guarantees but you gotta have a crack when it’s your turn to do so.

List manager v coach ..the coach has to have a say somewhere when the team is in a window.
Otherwise sack the coach of you aren’t prepared to back him in.

You can’t be rebuilding perpetually.
If you are talking about Carlton all we have done over the last 3-4 years is recruit players either via our picks (Cerra, Saad, Acres + E.Hollands) or free agency (Williams + Hewett). We need to balance it out with some draftees

If that was the case then personally I would walk away from Noble if I was the Suns. With Rioli coming in and Budarick and Weller already solid options in similar roles.

NB: I know they won't do this.
Yeah they’re gonna walk away after chasing him and offering him 4 years…
This isn’t monopoly
It’s real life

Then we should say thanks for the chat and focus on getting future picks in (Carl F1 + F2) to pay for Zeke & others, and Rioli from Richmond.

You can keep Noble and Carlton get Houston, everyone’s happy :)
Oh look it’s false bravado boy. Can’t wait to see you melt once the deal is done!

If you are talking about Carlton all we have done over the last 3-4 years is recruit players either via our picks (Cerra, Saad, Acres + E.Hollands) or free agency (Williams + Hewett). We need to balance it out with some draftees
If your coach walks in and says I need this piece to have a real crack at the flag in next year or two and you offer him up an untried kid which is a mid teens pick …then you have failed your coach
The coach needs a say in what he wants

If your coach walks in and says I need this piece to have a real crack at the flag in next year or two and you offer him up an untried kick which is a mid teens pick …then you have failed your coach
The coach needs a say in what he wants
The coach will 100% have input - but it cannot be "oh the coach wants this player so let's throw out our whole strategy for this off-season and do everything in our power to make it happen".

The coach will 100% have input - but it cannot be "oh the coach wants this player so let's throw out our whole strategy for this off-season and do everything in our power to make it happen".
It’s one player for a pick…it’s not a whole strategy over years.

There’s no doubt the coach wants Houston but the list management team have other ideas.

The coach is basically on life support going into next year is what this tells you reading the room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The league is corrupt if the sun's put pick 13 in a pick for Noble. He's worth pick 26 and that's it.

The talk that clubs will bid on academy players unless they give 13 isn't a national comp.

Also what's petracca doing? If he's staying why isn't he on the phone to Houston saying come to the dees. Dees give pick 5 and look like contenders, with a fit petracca and Oliver

The league is corrupt if the sun's put pick 13 in a pick for Noble. He's worth pick 26 and that's it.

The talk that clubs will bid on academy players unless they give 13 isn't a national comp.

Also what's petracca doing? If he's staying why isn't he on the phone to Houston saying come to the dees. Dees give pick 5 and look like contenders, with a fit petracca and Oliver
Don't get all shitty trying to ruin our trade because old fanta pants turned you down

It’s one player for a pick…it’s not a whole strategy over years.

There’s no doubt the coach wants Houston but the list management team have other ideas.

The coach is basically on life support going into next year is what this tells you reading the room.
If Port were asking for a single 1st round pick this deal would have been done about 30 seconds after Houston met with Carlton. But the reports have always been 2 first rounders - that can have a significant impact on list strategy and will impact two years of top draft picks. Maybe Port will soften their demands later on but given he is contracted they don't really need to

Oh look it’s false bravado boy. Can’t wait to see you melt once the deal is done!
I’m a Suns supporter, all I’ve known is losing trades, that won’t be a new feeling 😂

But if this deal falls over, we miss out on a fringe 22 player whilst still bringing in a different quality player in the same role this trade period. You miss out on an AA defender. Our stakes are much lower here.

If Port were asking for a single 1st round pick this deal would have been done about 30 seconds after Houston met with Carlton. But the reports have always been 2 first rounders - that can have a significant impact on list strategy and will impact two years of top draft picks.
You’ll find it’s not two first rounders
It just had to include one really good first rounder plus change
In which case we have also trade assets that both clubs also want in all this

It’s that you won’t flip your first rounder this year
And they don’t want your future first.

Hence why you’re sleeping at the wheel and about to be undercut for a player you could have sewn up already

You’ll find it’s not two first rounders
It just had to include one really good first rounder plus change
In which case we have also trade assets that both clubs also want in all this

It’s that you won’t flip your first rounder this year
And they don’t want your future first.

Hence why you’re sleeping at the wheel and about to be undercut for a player you could have sewn up already
The reports have you offering 13 + 23 + Richards - if you add that up it is essentially 2 first rounders (even more if you value Richards' potential).

We are trying to move our F1 into this draft as it gives us flexibility to either chase Houston or take two first rounders at the draft. But GCS hold the pick and want to involve Noble in the deal which has our hands tied atm

The reports have you offering 13 + 23 + Richards - if you add that up it is essentially 2 first rounders (even more if you value Richards' potential).
Yes it is. But that's what Port want for Houston.

edit: Although it has only cost us 1, a player that we can upgrade with Houston and a small forward which we have plenty of.

I’m a Suns supporter, all I’ve known is losing trades, that won’t be a new feeling 😂

But if this deal falls over, we miss out on a fringe 22 player whilst still bringing in a different quality player in the same role this trade period. You miss out on an AA defender. Our stakes are much lower here.
Sorry but you don’t offer 4 year deals to players who are going to be fringe. Clearly Dimma wants to replicate the Richmond chaos ball style of play and they’ve identified both Rioli and Noble as players who can play a large role in providing that manic rebound game. They’re clearly wanting Noble very much, because they’ve targeted him under contract and offered a long term deal to entice him over.

I understand that you might not agree with your club here, but they clearly value Noble much more than you do and are also clearly happy to deal with Collingwood in good faith to get a deal done, even if that means paying over the odds to do it, just like they’ll inevitably pay over the odds for Rioli.

In terms of our stakes? Well we’re clearly gunning for Houston to replace Noble. Yes, he’s an upgrade. But that has happened to fall in to our laps at the last minute due to Carlton’s incompetence, not because we’ve been targeting him long term and have made commitments to. The stakes only really get raised for us if we lose Noble and then miss out on Houston. GC really aren’t in the negotiating position of power you believe them to be. If they were, the pies wouldn’t be coming in with such high demands for Noble in the first place.

If Port were asking for a single 1st round pick this deal would have been done about 30 seconds after Houston met with Carlton. But the reports have always been 2 first rounders - that can have a significant impact on list strategy and will impact two years of top draft picks. Maybe Port will soften their demands later on but given he is contracted they don't really need to
You guys offered a future first and Owies. Port stipulated that they wanted a first rounder from this draft but your club refused to put 12 on the table, so no, the whole two first rounders but is a false narrative from you.

Carlton are nuts for not wanting to give up pick 12 for this bloke. Do they not think they're in their window? We gave up pick 12 for 23 year old Charlie Cameron who was off the rookie draft and had never kicked 30 goals in a season. Over valuing draft picks is a chumps game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back