Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

The Campeoreale twins will be good pick-ups but they aren't rated in the top 30 prospects this season with Lucas potentially even making it through to the rookie draft. They won't be impacting AFL level in the next year or so whereas a top 15 pick in this draft might
That shocks me, i thought that both were in the top 30 of the draft

I guess its understandable why u want a first round pick into the 2024 draft

I know what Nick Austin said, seems to rate the draft but even if they pick someone good at 12, it will likely take a couple of years to develop. Houston is a ready made gun half-back at his peak exactly what the Blues need.

I would be taking the risk in my opinion, Cripps will be 30 years old at the start next year.

It may take the player some time to develop. They may also be able to contribute straight away. It's not unheard of for players to come straight in and make an impact. Such is the nature of the draft.

Pretty clearly we're trying to do both.

The highlighted would be the issue. If 13 is not part of the deal. Noble might require more trade capital then what you get off Carlton. I see us asking for more than 23 and 29.
I personally would rather trade with Collingwood then Carlton ( just by past trades in the years) But if use want pick 13 and 23. Collingwood need to be giving back Noble F1 and F2. Suns can even give a F3 to Collingwood as well to sweeten it.

I personally would rather trade with Collingwood then Carlton ( just by past trades in the years) But if use want pick 13 and 23. Collingwood need to be giving back Noble F1 and F2. Suns can even give a F3 to Collingwood as well to sweeten it.
Technically both us and Carlton can't give both a f1 and f2 it's against the trading rules. But me personally I wouldn't be against :

13, 23 for Noble, f1 and 36. Might be wanting a bit more for the Pies but I wouldn't cry over that result.

It may take the player some time to develop. They may also be able to contribute straight away. It's not unheard of for players to come straight in and make an impact. Such is the nature of the draft.

Pretty clearly we're trying to do both.
They may contribute but doubt they will be as good as Dan Houston, no matter how good & deep the draft is, it's still a lottery.
If I am in the window, I am picking the known commodity every day of the week!

The club has said exactly why. They've been pretty transparent about the situation.

Whether it changes as trade week goes on remains to be seen.

Carlton flagging interest and speaking to Houston is wasting everyone's time though unless they generally believed they would have been able to get Houston for a deal around Owies at the time

That shocks me, i thought that both were in the top 30 of the draft

I guess its understandable why u want a first round pick into the 2024 draft
Think it speaks more to the strength of this year's draft in general. So yep, definitely understandable why picks are so coveted - and it's the same reason Port want get back in.

For what it's worth, Ben was MVP for SA at the Champs and made All-Australian this year, so he has a good CV.

Sorry but you don’t offer 4 year deals to players who are going to be fringe. Clearly Dimma wants to replicate the Richmond chaos ball style of play and they’ve identified both Rioli and Noble as players who can play a large role in providing that manic rebound game.
Again, I’m a Suns fan, we literally do. We gave Atkins 4 years and he’s not even fringe. Himmelberg just got 3 years as a depth forward.

Noble will be fringe here just like he is at Collingwood especially with Rioli coming too.

If you want Houston, you can’t expect an overpay on Noble

Technically both us and Carlton can't give both a f1 and f2 it's against the trading rules. But me personally I wouldn't be against :

13, 23 for Noble, f1 and 36. Might be wanting a bit more for the Pies but I wouldn't cry over that result.
Are you sure about that because I heard in the afl today that Carlton were offering their F1 and F2 for pick 13?

They may contribute but doubt they will be as good as Dan Houston, no matter how good & deep the draft is, it's still a lottery.
If I am in the window, I am picking the known commodity every day of the week!

Again, there is room to do both.

Carlton flagging interest and speaking to Houston is wasting everyone's time though unless they generally believed they would have been able to get Houston for a deal around Owies at the time

Who has said anything about Owies being a key piece of any deal for Houston?

All the talk has been around Carlton using their 2025 1st to acquire an additional 1st round pick in this year's draft, and then we have whatever we get in return for Kennedy.

If Owies (or whatever we get for him) is a part of the deal, so be it. But claiming that Owies was or is a key part of the negotiation is not putting forward an argument in good faith.

Again, I’m a Suns fan, we literally do. We gave Atkins 4 years and he’s not even fringe. Himmelberg just got 3 years as a depth forward.

Noble will be fringe here just like he is at Collingwood especially with Rioli coming too.

If you want Houston, you can’t expect an overpay on Noble
If you were a true Suns fan you’d know your last sentence is completely false.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back