Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not suggesting he will or won’t make it, or even that they’ll send him to the draft.

I’m simply saying it’s an option that is available. Which it is given he’s out of contract.

Strange comment to follow up with commentary on the trade getting done. A trade will get done.

But let’s be real here and acknowledge that a 24 year old with a handful of games under his belt won’t alter the Houston deal.

Richards adds next to nothing to the Houston trade. He may get lumped in for the sake of simplicity, but his addition won’t discount Houston’s price.
What’s so strange about the comment?

Both clubs have players the other clubs want, of course they will be involved in the trade, if it happens.

Collingwood will be happy with Houston, Port will be happy with draft picks and Richards, not to mention Lukosius is involved in all this too.

100% you guys should be dealing with North, because Houston is not worth Pick 2.

I don’t blame you for wanting that at all, it just seems he doesn’t want to play for them
If I was a manager at North, I would be happy to involve pick 2 for Houston. North need more experienced leadership from successful clubs to drive the winning culture. If they don't they will lose LDU and others to free agency. They don't need more 18 year old rookies.

You said they would get pick 2 and get in front of the bid (if I remember correctly) Richmond would want pick 2. So why would they bother with the deal in the first place if they have to give up pick 2 to Richmond or break it up again. It make no sense. If you take pick 2 you wouldnt get Rioli.

I said, they could use pick 2 to get Rioli. Which would mean that they should be able to get something back in return to put towards Lombard. Or keep pick 2 and use something else to get Rioli. Pick 6 for Rioli is a joke in the first place, even more so if Richmond are wanting more on top of that.

But you would be lying if you said that if you were Gold Coast you would rather use pick 13 to get a fringe player and a bunch of late picks then to use it as part of a deal to get pick 2.

The only ones being put out by this is Collingwood, but as far as i'm concerned, from a Gold Coast point of view, pick 13 should not be part of any conversation regarding Noble in the first place.

Last edited:
What’s so strange about the comment?

Because I don't believe I've said at any stage that a trade won't get done.

Richards may be involved in the Houston trade, but we really need to stop pretending he'll move the needle in terms of Houston's value.

He won't.

I said, they could use pick 2 to get Rioli. Which would mean that they should be able to get something back in return to put towards Lombard. Or keep pick 2 and use something else to get Rioli. Pick 6 for Rioli is a joke in the first place, even more so if Richmond are wanting more on top of that.
Just don't see them getting Rioli without them using most of that currency from pick 2. Tigers want 6 and 13 for Rioli and some change. So they would still want 2 for Rioli and some change. In the end it's not worth getting pick 2 unless they use it in the draft imo. The only other currency they would have would be 29 and a few picks in the 30s and 40s. But they need those for Lombard. A F1st would be a non starter as well.

Richards may be involved in the Houston trade, but we really need to stop pretending he'll move the needle in terms of Houston's value.

He won't.
But but but ... he played 9 games in 2 years for the mighty pies!!! Not just any old club - the mighty PIES!!1

Just don't see them getting Rioli without them using most of that currency from pick 2. Tigers want 6 and 13 for Rioli and some change. So they would still want 2 for Rioli and some change. In the end it's not worth getting pick 2 unless they use it in the draft imo. The only other currency they would have would be 29 and a few picks in the 30s and 40s. But they need those for Lombard. A F1st would be a non starter as well.

Richmond can say what they want. If Rioli wanted to go to Collingwood, would you give up pick 6 and another first? No way. It's ridiculous overs. Gold Coast should be walking away at that point and then use pick 2 in the draft.

He won't.
He is the cherry on top. He may not be a super fresh cherry but you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a manager at North, I would be happy to involve pick 2 for Houston. North need more experienced leadership from successful clubs to drive the winning culture. If they don't they will lose LDU and others to free agency. They don't need more 18 year old rookies.
Totally agree with you , hence they have brought in Darling and Parker and trying for Caleb Daniel’s

Not when Port apparently want pick 2 AND something else!

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back