Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

That is too heavy a price for a bloke likely to play less than 60 games at hawthorn.

Hawthorn's best play would be to head to the draft and leave WC to deal with the fallout.

60 games now. Getting less and less by the day.

Makes you wonder why you guys are going for him at all. Reject him so he needs to find another club eg. Dogs eg. Swans.

He is prone to changing his club of choice, I am sure he will find another easy.

Barrass is pretty much the best mark in the competition bar McGovern.
So underrated on the East Coast .

The reason why they are taking so many marks over the last 2 or 3 years is because of how many I50 there have been. Massively skews the stats vs a defender in a team who have far fewer I50.

He is a very good player but the idea that WCE have the 2 best marks in the comp, plus all the other super stars you seem to have gets undone by the ladder position and how many times you got flogged this year.

Since that meeting, Scrimshaw and Frost have gone to another level. We only need to pay 1 late first rounder. Talk of 2 is delusion of the highest order
Well then, it is a good thing you are not part of the process.
I am sure they will work it out without having to consult you.

Maybe you might want to have a word with your Coach who pissed in Barass's ear last time he was over here.
He is the one responsible for this shambles.

You don't have to be an oracle to work out that WC is responsible for the shambles.

Firstly, they award the bulk of the salary cap to non-performers and less important players and then they wonder why Tom Barrass is dissatisfied. Hawthorn is not the first club to make enquiries about Barrass as Sydney were doing the same thing last year; so his disssatisfaction cannot be claimed to be a Mitchell centric thing.

Still think, the smart play for Hawthorn is to walk away from unreasonable WC trade demands and head to the draft; especially as they've already picked up Battle as a UFA.

Last edited:
You don't have to be an oracle to work out that WC is responsible for the shambles.

Firstly, they award the bulk of the salary cap to non-performers and less important players and then they wonder why Tom Barrass is dissatisfied. Hawthorn is not the first club to make enquiries about Barrass as Sydney were doing the same, so his disssatisfaction cannot be claimed to be Mitchell centric.

Still think, the smart play be Hawthorn is to walk away from unreasonable WC trade demands and head to the draft; especially as they've already picked up Battle as a UFA.

Please do. Let’s remember you guys were third in line.

He will find another.

Dissatisfied or not, no one forced him to sign. I am dissatisfied with my pay at work. Anyone care? No.

Well then, it is a good thing you are not part of the process.
I am sure they will work it out without having to consult you.
If it’s getting too hot in the kitchen for you, Ild suggest you don’t participate in footy forums where nuffies like myself can speak freely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is your problem, you had pick 8-10 earlier in the year, now its pick 14. Thats a significant difference

It really isn't. It appears you don't really follow the u-18s.

I wouldn't give up a first round pick for a 30 year old Barass given his back issues.

Hawthorn traded for Lake who was a better player and had injury issues for a second round pick.

Worst case scenario we don't get Barrass and we go after Sam Collins who's free next year.

Firstly, they award the bulk of the salary cap to non-performers and less important players and then they wonder why Tom Barrass is dissatisfied. Hawthorn is not the first club to make enquiries about Barrass as Sydney were doing the same thing last year; so his disssatisfaction cannot be claimed to be a Mitchell centric thing.

Still think, the smart play for Hawthorn is to walk away from unreasonable WC trade demands and head to the draft; especially as they've already picked up Battle as a UFA.
An Oracle your not. Barass renewed his contract so a vast amount is on him.
He refused Sydney's advances but when Mitchell came a'knocking he got tempted.
How do you know about WC and what they do with player payments and salary caps?
You are just another in the long line of WC haters and will come and go like many before you.

An Oracle your not. Barass renewed his contract so a vast amount is on him.
He refused Sydney's advances but when Mitchell came a'knocking he got tempted.
How do you know about WC and what they do with player payments and salary caps?
You are just another in the long line of WC haters and will come and go like many before you.

You don't have to hate WC to point out that their being unreasonable and when a club behaves like this the other party should be walking away. It's what clubs have been doing with Essendon for several years now due to having to deal with Dodoro.

I feel no difference towards WC then what I do to all of the afl franchises i.e. GC, GWS, crows, dockers, etc.; I just think there pointless. Now, if the vfl expansion had involved proper clubs joining the afl that would have been different; clubs with a history and representing a community.

I've no idea why someone who is VicBased for a start would support a franchise; it just shows you off for being shallow.

You don't have to hate WC to point out that their being unreasonable and when a club behaves like this the other party should be walking away. It's what clubs have been doing with Essendon for several years now due to having to deal with Dodoro.

I feel no difference towards WC then what I do to all of the afl franchises i.e. GC, GWS, crows, dockers, etc.; I just think there pointless. Now, if the vfl expansion had involved proper clubs joining the afl that would have been different; clubs with a history and representing a community.

I've no idea why someone who is VicBased for a start would support a franchise; it just shows you off for being shallow.
1728452762587.png

Ive heard it mentioned that a late-ish first round picks this year will likely net you a better player than a mid first next year. But I don't follow the draft enough so really I have no idea.
So you're getting us two firsts this year then?

All this from a NM supporter. The AFL'S BIGGEST financial drain of entitlement.
It is us that keep you afloat, have some respect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tom Barrass [UFA 2027] - Reportedly headed to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back