Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

They want players more than picks. Yes they could get much more if they traded picks for future picks. But they won't put in jeopardy the deals for those incontract players.

That's not what they should do and its poor logic.

The cynic in me says the deal is done and they’re holding off announcing it to keep eyeballs on trade period and advertising dollars flowing.
Dunno if the deal is done or not but I've no doubt the other part of your sentence is true regardless.

Yep. We won't give you both this pick that we don't have and this other pick we don't have because you may exchange one of them with someone else.
Especially when pick 21 is from GWS. Didn't realise Collingwood were in the hunt for that one to be able to pass on.

Almost as if Jon Ralph has made this all up.....

Ralphy’s making things up again…

The cynic in me says the deal is done and they’re holding off announcing it to keep eyeballs on trade period and advertising dollars flowing.

It wouldn’t take more than an hour for teams to canvass every single permutation and combination of picks/players back and forth and come to a middle ground.

Are we to believe that these incremental updates from Ralphy are the fruits of two list management teams labour over an entire day?

What the hell to they do with the other 8hrs and 57 minutes?

Contrived drama.
I honestly cannot get my head around people believing this.

But then again, perhaps I'm the idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If an inexperienced AFL, 18 year old kid can be chosen as a pick 2 then Houston is double that value. The fact you ignorant low IQ numpties can't fathom that then that's on you. He's literally a top 5 player CONSISTENTLY this entire season and the ONLY player to remain top 5, that, and was top 10 last season with 2 AA blazers to go with it. Legit has ons of the best field kicks in the league. He's in his prime with years to go. That would take a few years minimum for a top 5 or even top 10 draftee to obtain and thats a maybe. So hes a top rated gun already. Only appears you numpties that dont watch more games than your own teams clearly explains why you've got no clue. Get that through your thick heads.

If North are smart they'll trade pick 2 with Fremantle for 10 & 11 then trade 11 and future 1st for Houston whilst still remaining in this year's draft. If Houston is smart & genuine, he'd accept going to North to be back in Victoria whilst also having more money and a potentially good team If all goes good. Better than Pies too. And I don't like North so that's giving them credit.

Richards is a mature age, albeit seems like a decent yet still average player is worth a 4th round pick. Simple. He's not rated even against the current top 20 new 18 year old draftees.

Richards is not, and should not be a part of any deals and instead a separate one. Otherwise, yeah, he can go through the PSD and if Pies are stupid enough to re draft then that's on them and either way, he'll get more money so win - win for him and Port wouldn't care. Guaranteed. Dime a dozen player and port very well will pick up a far better small forward this draft.

Noble is only valued as a 20 to 40 pick. Again, decent yet average player that a top 20 current 18 year old draft crop is better value already.

Pies have absolutely nothing to bargain for in a deal for Houston. Simple.
Confused. If Port Adelaide don’t care whether Richards gets to them or not, and the Power will undoubtedly draft a better forward, why has the club offered him three years in an improved role?

If the Pies have nothing to bargain for in a deal, how come every man and his dog believe the deal is nearly settled?

Couldn't it be as simple as North's F1 for Houston?
Then Port would’ve accepted it by now, it’d have thought.

It’s been mentioned by multiple reporters that they want to get into the 2024 first round.

So I think if North can get Port a single digit 2024 first rounder, the rubber might start hitting the road.

Alright, the blues and pies have given us a little sideshow, time to get real.

Who says no

North out: f1
North in: Houston

Essendon out: pick 9
Essendon in: north f1

Port out: Houston
Port in: pick 9
It works, but I would really rather not give up our F1.

Time for another MEGATRADE

S: 7, F1 > 2
N: 2, F2 > Houston, 13, 23
GC: 13, 23 > F1, F2
P: Houston > 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Dan Houston [UFA 2027] - Wants to head to Victoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back