Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect.

St Kilda will be less hesitant to part with the compo pick they get for Battle (pick 7 or 8) and another pick.

They upgrade Battle for Houston and keep their 1st pick this year.

Or.. Phillipou + F1 for Houston

You keep the Pou’s name out of your mouth! He is our next captain!

Sinclair is much more damaging and impactful at half back than in the midfield.

He may be (arguable) but that also means you have Paddy Dow and Hunter Clark playing in the midfield.

I’d much prefer Houston who is as good (if not better) than Sinclair in that same role and free Sinclair up to replace Dow and Clark.

With Bonner delisted and Battle leaving you will be very light on in defense and mids at the moment.

He may be (arguable) but that also means you have Paddy Dow and Hunter Clark playing in the midfield.

I’d much prefer Houston who is as good (if not better) than Sinclair in that same role and free Sinclair up to replace Dow and Clark.

With Bonner delisted and Battle leaving you will be very light on in defense and mids at the moment.
It's not arguable if you've actually watched him and St Kilda every week. His form and the teams form improved once he went back half back even with lesser midfielders in the side.

I'm glad you prefer your player and hope you keep him because I wouldnt move Sinclair from half back for anyone.

With Bonner delisted we will also be light on turnovers but I am comfortable with that.

Houston to St. Kilda is a strange move if it happens. Sinclair plays his best football off half back and when you have him and NWM down here, what is even the point of Houston?
Got no one else but those 2 for literally any rebounding work in their entire team.

Sinclair can move into the midfield and stop having to start Hunter Clark and Paddy Dow as their 3rd centre square mid.

It’s basically replacing scrubs in Dow or Clark with Houston by moving Sinclair into the mids where he is also great, and lose no production with Houston comfortable as good as Sinclair, and 2 years younger too.

Got no one else but those 2 for literally any rebounding work in their entire team.

Sinclair can move into the midfield and stop having to start Hunter Clark and Paddy Dow as their 3rd centre square mid.

It’s basically replacing scrubs in Dow or Clark with Houston by moving Sinclair into the mids where he is also great, and lose no production with Houston comfortable as good as Sinclair, and 2 years younger too.

Sinclair was tried in the midfield and didn’t have any impact. He is awesome off HBF.

If we want midfielders than we need to trade/draft actual midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would a future first do the job?
I am obviously not close to the club or negotiations so take what I say as just from a pundit in the cheap seats. I think that the talk of 2 first rounders that we are asking for will soften by the actual trade period, especially if we have other irons in the fire. I would think your first this year would get it done, but future firsts are a riskier proposition and would require something else added to it. Like a second this year.

That's dual All Australian Dan Houston to you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Dan Houston [UFA 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back