Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, so the opposition is faster and stronger than Jonas AND he was out of position, but we should continue to play him?

Carn Jaynus

Yup ^^

Jonas was caught out of position because the rest of the side was out of position when they turned the ball over in the first. The Saints play three mobile key forwards in the Schulz mold which means they are not only faster than Tom, but stronger as well.

Clean up the skills and Jonas looks much much better.

TJ is athletically very valuable. Midfielders kicked 50% of the Saints goals and from memory he wasn't standing Membrey who kicked 3 goals?

I should qualify, other than Pittard and Hombsch, he is the first picked.

Wait, so the opposition is faster and stronger than Jonas AND he was out of position, but we should continue to play him?

Carn Jaynus

just clean up the disposal of the side and he will come good. how do we do clean up the skills though? dropping Jonas would be a start. it's like some never ending loop.

TJ is athletically very valuable. Midfielders kicked 50% of the Saints goals and from memory he wasn't standing Membrey who kicked 3 goals?

I should qualify, other than Pittard and Hombsch, he is the first picked.

Unless my eyes were deceiving me ;) TJ was definitely on Membrey when he took that mark at half forward ( the one he juggled at least 3 times ), and was the closest Port player to him when he took another mark in the goal square, both which resulted in goals.
He appeared to be moved off him after those goals were scored, possibly for match up reasons.

And to think he was actually drafted as a forward!

He has probably the most reliable set shot in the team with Chad, now that Schulz has gone.

Just quietly, I'm having a fantastic run with elevating buddies to the next level.

Dougs, Austin, Houston.....

One with an ACL, the other has broken an ankle late last year and missed two JLTs and the latter is just getting started. Settle Zachary, we aren't there yet!

Just quietly, I'm having a fantastic run with elevating buddies to the next level.

Dougs, Austin, Houston.....

Can you please latch onto Snelling and Ladhams after Huey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PORT Adelaide rookie Dan Houston is emerging as a round-one bolter for the Power as they search for a replacement for injured defender Jasper Pittard.

Houston's impressive form across half-back has been one of positives to come out of the JLT Community Series.

The 19-year-old's accurate kicking and decision making under pressure has been superb – he has recorded 96 per cent disposal efficiency in the Power's two pre-season losses.

"He was a forward his first year and towards the end of last year they put him down back and he did some good things," Power assistant coach Brendon Lade said on Monday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-06/port-adelaide-rookie-dan-houston-shapes-as-roundone-bolter

PORT Adelaide rookie Dan Houston is emerging as a round-one bolter for the Power as they search for a replacement for injured defender Jasper Pittard.

Houston's impressive form across half-back has been one of positives to come out of the JLT Community Series.

The 19-year-old's accurate kicking and decision making under pressure has been superb – he has recorded 96 per cent disposal efficiency in the Power's two pre-season losses.

"He was a forward his first year and towards the end of last year they put him down back and he did some good things," Power assistant coach Brendon Lade said on Monday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-06/port-adelaide-rookie-dan-houston-shapes-as-roundone-bolter

I would have him ahead of Bonner at this stage.

Think Riley still has a lot of work to do on his kicking and decision making - Houston looks ready to go and very DBJ-like.

Kornes on his little program tonight was adamant that Dan (as well as Brett Eddy) will be upgraded this week.
With the injury list shrinking a bit and Doogie being only 6 weeks away. I reckon Snelling is a tad unlucky but Eddy and Houston are the right options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan Houston

Remove this Banner Ad

Back