Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I seriously love how a few words mean completely different thing to different people.

I know right, everyone blows their load because he says some throw away line like its gospel, although it is nice to hear him talk about the club in such a positive manner.

“Right now, I can’t see myself playing anywhere else”

A nice quote, but clearly giving himself an out with the “right now” part.....
Playing devil's advocate:
"Right now, I Can't see myself playing anywhere else" - he says whilst standing in Fremantle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for sharing that

When you read the whole article - youd have to say a decent chance he will stay

6PR ( don't bet your life on anything they say) is reporting he has offers on the table from us, Shockers and Budgies.
Also claiming ours is the most "lucrative" offer , here's hoping...............

6PR ( don't bet your life on anything they say) is reporting he has offers on the table from us, Shockers and Budgies.
Also claiming ours is the most "lucrative" offer , here's hoping...............
A positive. However, he's consistently said it'll be more than purely monetary. Which is why his comments about Caitlin being more settled with her cousin being with her was of more significance to me.

TK has been a very professional interviewee since draft day. Remember he is not a school kid with no life experience. If I wanted to be unkind, I'd say he'd make a fine politician.
I do not doubt his motives. I think he will try to make the biggest score he can, for himself and his family. Whatever he says will mean as much as a preseason puff piece. These guys are not giving you a Da Vinci code. When the decision gets made, then we will know. Until then its just media muzak.

It sounds pretty positive but the cynic in me says that it could be a last ditch attempt to get the Eagles or Freo to up their offers. I hope that's not the case and his comments were genuine. You never know these days. Nothing says I love the club more than a signature on a new contract. I'd love it if he signed right on the cusp of finals. It will give the team a big boost I reckon.

It sounds pretty positive but the cynic in me says that it could be a last ditch attempt to get the Eagles or Freo to up their offers. I hope that's not the case and his comments were genuine. You never know these days. Nothing says I love the club more than a signature on a new contract. I'd love it if he signed right on the cusp of finals. It will give the team a big boost I reckon.

I’d prefer he signs on grand final eve 24 hours before winning the Norm Smith...

Playing devil's advocate:
"Right now, I Can't see myself playing anywhere else" - he says whilst standing in Fremantle
Alternatively,

"Right now, I Can't see myself playing anywhere else, but the missus can and she makes the rules"

The one consideration that could sway the Kelly's in Geelongs favor is I believe they have at least one child with special needs,if Caitlin and Tim and the child are happy and settled on that front and with the care provided and results we may only need to be in the ball park with a new contract.Moneys important but not everything.

The one consideration that could sway the Kelly's in Geelongs favor is I believe they have at least one child with special needs,if Caitlin and Tim and the child are happy and settled on that front and with the care provided and results we may only need to be in the ball park with a new contract.Moneys important but not everything.
you pick one I think you'll find it's now two of there kids that have autism. The oldest boy & now one of the twins (diagnosed)
Not sure if it ever went public but someone else picked it up on Caitlin's insta a while back.

Think he genuinely hasn’t made his mind up. He’s waiting for final offers from WC and Freo to then compare with Geelong.

Would still say he’s 60-40 going than signing a 1 yr deal with us... but that has drastically improved from about 98-2 going, at the start of the year for mine.

If he leaves, out best next option after cogs is Brad crouch. He’s a gun and worth one R1 we get for Kelly. He’s a ball magnet and would suit us.

Surely we would have to throw in steak knives as well.
I reckon you pick one would probably throw the knives at Kersto lol.

A lot of large furniture and outdoor stuff has been sent to the Kelly's in the last couple of months.
Would you do that if you were planning on bailing 4 months later??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back