Analysis Danger on Tim Kelly + his 2020 contract

What would be an adequate trade for Tim Kelly?

• Brad AND Steven Hill from Fremantle

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Someone from West Coast

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • Two top-end draft picks

Votes: 88 62.4%
  • Top-end draft pick and player

Votes: 24 17.0%
  • Other (please specify) ______________

Votes: 12 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old article but it explains the minimum conditions for free agency

To be a delisted free agent he'd have to be delisted. Cats are offering him a contract which is the opposite of delisting him so that won't happen.

The only way to break the deadlock if a trade isn't agreed and he genuinely doesn't want to play at geelong is to nominate the draft and hope that clubs rate their picks ahead of him (unlikely)

One extra peice in the cats favour is actually the time frame. Whilst not ideal, if it gets to the end of the trade period and no one agrees on value and time runs out, the cats can still sign him after the trade window. Put him on a lucrative one year contract and promise to try again next year, which would likely be preferable to another club move. Won't come to that however.
Thanks mate

I think is totally accurate.

TK is a smart bloke and some of his intelligence has to have rubbed off on his ******* manager. The statements publicly give WA teams notice that they need to be competitive. IT will get results and they will come. Also tells ya hat we are still very in the hunt.

I also buy that we are up to our necks in this and thst it won’t be a purely money decision.

Go Catters

Totally agree Daz.

Another of my favourites is that we should just let them have Tim Kelly cheaply because they let us have Scott Selwood as an RFA. We owe them apparently!

After giving us the likes of Spinks and Mitchell White over the years, they still owe us plenty!

Must be all that meth perth is infested with.
But my most favourite is the most nuttiest WC supporter ever telling me that Tim will refuse to be traded by Geelong as he detests Geelong FC, therefore delisting himself. He will then train over the summer with WC who will then pick him up in the SPP (ala Sydney Stack) in 2020. He completely ignores the fact that in order for WC to pick him up in the SPP, Tim would have to sit out next year & be picked up in 2021.

I'm not sure how anyone could not be positive about what Kelly revealed, unless you support WC or Shockers.

Here's some more...

Being positive?? It's the Geelong board mate. The tagline should be "pray for the worst, fear for the best"

I’d also prefer 2 high picks.

Assuming we got that, I’d trade our 18 for crouch if it means we avoid Steven. Crouch would be good for us but still game the 2 high picks.
I'd prefer Kelly all the same

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of them also try to say we stole Tim Kelly off them & we are holding him hostage. We also treat him very poorly apparently
What a joke. Geelong gave him a chance to play AFL footy after WC ignored him for 5 years when he was paying in the WAFL right under their noses.

I was just catching up with Scott's press conference this week and when he mentioned Tim Kelly speaking to the media later that day he said something that made my ears perk up

"I'm sure you'll ask him all the same questions that he's been asked for the last 12 months and I suspect he'll answer them the same way. I'd prefer he said that he's rapt with Geelong and isn't thinking about being anywhere else but I'm not exactly sure."

Just thought it was kinda interesting that it seemed like Tim's line (I can't see myself playing anywhere else) was almost directly answering Scott's hypothetical wish from earlier in the day. Surely a deliberate little media management strategy.

But my most favourite is the most nuttiest WC supporter ever telling me that Tim will refuse to be traded by Geelong as he detests Geelong FC, therefore delisting himself. He will then train over the summer with WC who will then pick him up in the SPP (ala Sydney Stack) in 2020. He completely ignores the fact that in order for WC to pick him up in the SPP, Tim would have to sit out next year & be picked up in 2021.

There are good and bad posters for all clubs ... all one can be certain of is that the clubs will be more professional in their dealing than some trade scenarios that have been raised by some fans

The offer by Geelong just about rules out him going down the path of PSD or draft. He knows that that he is rated and there is an excellent offer if it cant be worked out... which also tells the WA clubs to come with a full plate of sandwiches .. cause just a couple of slabs of bread with vegeimite on them is not going to get it done.

And the WA clubs will have a tad of pressure on them..as the surely know the longer he stays here ..the more comfortable he gets.. if they want him..its not going to get any better than this year..

Surely a deliberate little media management strategy.

Damo and Hutchy on their podcast (The Sounding Board) indicated TK's line was to shut the media up asking him the question again till the end of the season. The quote itself didn't tell anyone anything new, but can be referred back to whenever the media asks.

Damo and Hutchy on their podcast (The Sounding Board) indicated TK's line was to shut the media up asking him the question again till the end of the season. The quote itself didn't tell anyone anything new, but can be referred back to whenever the media asks.

Haven't gotten to this weeks episode yet... but I will!

Nothing ruins a good week of carefully checking the pulse of football issues quite like the unwelcome imposition of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back