Dangerfield - How close to elite is he

Remove this Banner Ad

Best player in the comp at present?

On his current form, he is. :thumbsu:

There is no other player in the comp that has all of the attributes that Danger has.

However, to be accepted universally as such, the way he has been playing has to be produced on a regular basis.

As for whether he is elite or not, only an elite player could produce the performances that he has in the last month.

Roo's "29th best player" remark not looking so stupid now is it?

Dangerfield, Sloane, Thompson and van Berlo...and Crouch is supposed to be the best of the lot of them. :thumbsu:

Didn't Roo say that's where he thought he'd be ranked at the end of the season? Scarily prescient.

lol Didn't see your post before Cap.

But yeah, I actually had a conversation with a Crow supporter yesterday who for some reason didn't rate Danger.

I was on his side, still have a couple of doubts about his disposal, but seemed alot better today :thumbsu:

Best player in the comp at present?

Will he win the Brownlow?
One thing that favours this happening is McInerny AGAIN umpiring the Crows yesterday. If he polled Danger in the first game he umpired this year he'd have to be going all the way by now.:thumbsu:

I wish Danger would sign and stick it up those hungry sharks circling for his sig.

lol Didn't see your post before Cap.

But yeah, I actually had a conversation with a Crow supporter yesterday who for some reason didn't rate Danger.

I was on his side, still have a couple of doubts about his disposal, but seemed alot better today :thumbsu:

It seems to me that he's learning to slow down and compose himself before he kicks it.

Lets keep a lid on things shall we ;)
To say he is the most in form player in the comp is pushing it.
Amazing game, and has been amazing this year, but he's not the only player to step it up a notch or continue on their merry ways from last year.
His upside is enormous. Staggering.
If he can continue to improve on his foot skills and vision when going long.... holy crap he will utterly destroy teams.
Today i thought he was much better with his vision and foot skills.

He's the modern day prototype redefining what a perfect midfielder should be. If he keeps this up it's scary what he might become.
One thing I love about our game is the constant evolution of it.

One year, tall Mids are the way to go, the next, marathon runners, the next, burst runners, the next, plodders with great brains and ball use, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I love about our game is the constant evolution of it.

One year, tall Mids are the way to go, the next, marathon runners, the next, burst runners, the next, plodders with great brains and ball use, etc.

Agree completely. But one thing that never changes, is no team will ever have 22 perfect players playing at any one time.
Its the combination of these things mentioned and how they gel AS A TEAM which can make all the difference in the world.
Take pup, callinan, tippet, out of the team where would be this year.
Very different players but far from perfect.
Pups - Not the greatest 'complete' footballer but has amazing closing speed, ferocity, attack on the ball/ball carrier.
Callinan (and Walker) - Not athletic in any sense, but are pure footballers. Good skills, excellent reading of the play, etc.
Tippet - Basketball convert with height and athleticism on his side, turned into a monster competitor at AFL level. Far from a natural footballer but uses his strengths to benefit the TEAM.

Recruiting may fluctuate, but its how you utilise a player to their strengths, to ultimately benefit the team as a whole.

Sorry for the rant... celebrating the win, beer, etc.
Hazzar!

As incredible as the standard of footy he is currently playing is, for me it's his consistency that is more amazing than anything. I had him pegged as the kind of player who gets into a rich vein of form from time to time and wins games off his own boot, but spends 80% of his career as simply above average. Still a top ten in our club type of player but not a best and fairest type.

His last month has been consistently brilliant. If he could maintain even 80% of his current level for his career he'd go down as one of our greats. The penny seems to have dropped for Dangerfield, he's figured out where to go in between contests, and he is unstoppable in close. How could you tag him?? Who has the pace to go with him, the aerial ability to outmark him, the desperation to stop him winning clearances? Nobody in the competition has those traits.

And, perhaps most pleasing of all, he seems to have figured out how to take that split second to compose himself and look for a short option before blazing away. And if he does blaze away from the centre square, the ball is such a fireball that nobody can mark it and it inevitably skids out of bounds 2 metres from our goals, 80m ahead of where he won the ball.

He is just fantastic to watch.

As incredible as the standard of footy he is currently playing is, for me it's his consistency that is more amazing than anything. I had him pegged as the kind of player who gets into a rich vein of form from time to time and wins games off his own boot, but spends 80% of his career as simply above average. Still a top ten in our club type of player but not a best and fairest type.

His last month has been consistently brilliant. If he could maintain even 80% of his current level for his career he'd go down as one of our greats. The penny seems to have dropped for Dangerfield, he's figured out where to go in between contests, and he is unstoppable in close. How could you tag him?? Who has the pace to go with him, the aerial ability to outmark him, the desperation to stop him winning clearances? Nobody in the competition has those traits.

And, perhaps most pleasing of all, he seems to have figured out how to take that split second to compose himself and look for a short option before blazing away. And if he does blaze away from the centre square, the ball is such a fireball that nobody can mark it and it inevitably skids out of bounds 2 metres from our goals, 80m ahead of where he won the ball.

He is just fantastic to watch.

Bingo.
Improved this aspect of his game by some margin so far.
Hope he continues.

Contract idea

5 years at 800k on a backloaded contract, plus his pick of Adelaide finest 5 virgins

I'm no virgin but I'd bend over if it meant he'd stay.. Going to put cash on him for the brownlow tomorrow/today the question is how much and i should have done it last week ohh well money doesn't mean sh*t if his the reason we r a contender

Let's offer him a ten year deal (exaggerating) but seriously he has everything going for him made Judd look like a pussy.. Like someone has said before he reminds us of roo in the way he will do everything he can to make sure we don't lose... But IMO he has more weapons than roo (his pace) Goodluck stopping him.. Even the commentators couldn't think of anyone in the history of the game who has played like him.. We are coming into a great era, not saying we r a sure thing to win a premiership, but we have one of the most exciting forwards and our future leading goal kicker in walker and possibly our best all round midfielder ever in danger

He's so elite that he can break someone's shoulder with his ribs.

Seriously though, I don't know how that is physiologically possible. The man has titanium bones.
It might get to the stage where players seriously think twice about going for the same ground ball as Danger, if they weren't already!

I'm no virgin but I'd bend over if it meant he'd stay.. Going to put cash on him for the brownlow tomorrow/today the question is how much and i should have done it last week ohh well money doesn't mean sh*t if his the reason we r a contender

LOL

My wife just sent me a text after reading this post asking if she should be concerned...

need to read the username better.....

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield - How close to elite is he

Remove this Banner Ad

Back