Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Lay off the cops. We should be grateful to the bloke that took the pics.
If you were standing there in front of the interview room window and the guy next to you said "yanno, that freak in there is Dean Laidley" there isn't anyone in here that wouldn't have laughed or at least thought for a moment about taking a happy snap.

Think about it. If he didn't it would still be...."Pics or GTFO !"

We are in lockdown, and this hero made an on the spot decision to sacrifice his profession for our entertainment. He deserves our thanks.

I wouldn't. Someone is about to go to prison and you're taking happy snaps. You're the freak.

Has there been a pattern of bad behaviour by Victoria Police? I know Queensland Police are often heavy-handed thugs, and NSW Police like to strip search children and music festivals, but I haven't heard too much about the Vics.

Now that’s a pretty damning list, but please understand I’m not anti VicPol.
What I am is an advocate for an independent organisation to Investigate police complaints. Currently police investigate police in Victoria. And frankly, that undermines my confidence in the force.

Vic Police has just seen a Royal Commission into police corruption and informants which was really shocking, the public though immediately swung in behind them when the four cops were killed on the side of the road recently. This leak today isnt good press for them imo.
So the RC in to the use of Gobbo as a informer from 1995-2009 should have thwarted the public’s response to the horrible accident the other day?? Not sure why you would link that.
Todays incident is terrible and is not good press but still doesn’t not reflect A toxic culture of Vic Pol.
Move on, take your police hate elsewhere.

Herald Sun is dead and hasn't broken a story in years. They only put the photos up and had to redesign front pg for second edition because the West Australian published them and the mice who run that joint panicked that the big bosses would be cross. Put arse covering ahead of decency.
Say what you like about the Daily Mail, but it's been smashing the Hun on this and other stories which were once Hun bread and butter.

You know it's low on content when it has articles about Bec Judd or summaries of Sam Newman's podcast.

Not true at all.
Just my opinion and I do believe that people lose respect for police very easily unfortunately.I am a supporter of the force and have mates in armed robbery/ SOG and more. I may be a dinosaur but it seems to have changed.It may be because of all the scrutiny of police via social media? I don't know and it may be best if I am wrong

Simple fact is people thrive on scandal and controversy.
Plenty saying the photos shouldn't be shared by media etc. .... and they shouldn't ... those same people would be working themselves in a frenzy, privately, to get hold of the photo.
But without the breach of privacy and the photos leaked we would never have known Laidley cross dresses.
There would be no rush for a glimpse of the images because as you stated it’s none of our business but more importantly we would be none the wiser.
VicPols conduct here has become the main story and it should never have been.

How so? It’s a big news story and they are in the business of reporting the news?
I can't see how the media can be criticised here. Once the pics were in circulation media were always going to pick up and report the story, no different to the ongoing Cousins situation. The point is the pics should never have been circulated which means the reports would have been less sensational.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Royal Commission is far from over and is limited very much to the decisions around using a paid informant to engage in unethical activity.

The public hearings are over, we have to wait see what the outcome is and whether there's criminal charges.

So the RC in to the use of Gobbo as a informer from 1995-2009 should have thwarted the public’s response to the horrible accident the other day?? Not sure why you would link that.
Todays incident is terrible and is not good press but still doesn’t not reflect A toxic culture of Vic Pol.
Move on, take your police hate elsewhere.

Stop harping, trying to make something out of nothing and harassing me, again try comprehension. I said 'it MIGHT point to toxic culture' which is reasonable in the circumstances and it MIGHT need looking at.

I'm putting you on ignore for baiting me. Also ... ;)

How this plays out is up to him. In the 80's he would have been a laughing stock and butt of jokes and he would never be employed in anything serious again. But look at someone like Bruce Jenner... in this day and age, well known people who come out as LGBT can become almost like spokespeople for that community. If Dean feels ashamed and regrets what he does.. this is the bad path, as people know about it but he is hiding it and the speciulation and chatter goes on and on. But if he accepts what he likes and just says.. I like to do this, so what? The community would embrace him. People would actually feel for him and he would probably end up a celebrity, depending if he wants to go down that path.

The cop will obviously face the consequences of his actions and deservedly so, but it's interesting how the media immediately changes the narrative to make the guy arrested for allegedly stalking and breaking an AVO into the victim.
I don’t think highly of Shannon Grant in recent times because he wasn’t the victim. Same applies here.
The media hasn’t changed the narrative, they’ve leapt at the chance to snowball this story because an ex player coach (who hasn’t been relevant for a decade) isn’t worth the news time but when you change that to an ex player coach who crosses dresses and had his mug shot leaked by a dodgy cop - well then of course we’ll forget the original charges. The cop is now the villain.

Laidley should just have been condemned from the outset and now through no fault of his own he and his family are now the most at risk.

Stop harping, trying to make something out of nothing and harassing me, again try comprehension. I said 'it MIGHT point to toxic culture' which is reasonable in the circumstances and it MIGHT need looking at.

I'm putting you on ignore for baiting me. Also ... ;)
No, just move on. If you dont like being called out dont post stupid comments But certainly dont whinge when you are queried about them.
You made a ridiculous comment which was specifically requested not to be posted by the Mods of this board.
You said it points to a toxic culture , now your saying it Might which is still unreasonable.

It was a rash generalisation to put down Vic pol as a whole .
You could have easily discussed the individual officer but you chose to hate on Vic pol as a whole.

Now move on , I am not baiting you. I am calling you out for you unnecessary trolling of Vic Pol.
Shame you could not focus on the drug addicted stalker .

Presumably Benny C was paid for the Channel 7 interview.
The irony in all of this is in a couple of years' time Dean could do a paid TV interview.
People would watch it for sure.

Front page of the Herald Sun

3wAS4PN.jpg

That mugshot reminds me of Tim Curry...

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Back