Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly that seems how the narrative is being framed. I'm no conspiracist, but if I was practitioner of the dark arts I'd argue this leak actually helps Laidley, in that you can't help but feel shocked and perhaps feel some empathy, for someone who 99% of people wouldnt personally know but formerly attached the credibility of being a public figure, appearing completely broken and unrecognisable.

What's increasingly lost in the saga is that Laidley has (likely) broken mutiple laws and is a danger to himself and others. And frankly, there are bigger privacy concerns people should be worried about than someone who is, at the very least, inviting public scrutiny of his life.

No, actually, it hasn’t been lost on anyone except those who lack basic reading comprehension. And anyone with the basic ability to process the notion that someone who has been alleged to have committed a crime (currently innocent) has had his privacy absolutely demolished by a corrupt organisation and their friends at News Ltd.

You use the words demonstrably true, then go off on a tangent talking about PSO's. FMD
I don't know how to explain this any simpler but PSO's are part of the Victorian Police.

Why are you stupid?

What is up with the moderation here? You can't make tasteless jokes? WTF? One of the main reasons I go to Big Footy is to read the jokes... looks like they've all been scrubbed. So, no jokes on the rumours or scandals board, for the biggest scandal story in a year? WTF?
No doubt the affected posters will be seeking some form of redress.

It's amusing how you have had so many confrontations with VicPol. Why is that?
What confrontations? I didn't mention any.

Why are you stupid?

The standard of the entry to vicpol has dropped significantly over the last 20 years.Just take anyone to get the numbers up.
Do you have any idea of the hurdles one must go through in order to just get into the academy?

It’s a long strenuous process.

Last edited:
But they just let anyone through the door now. Even PSO's.
I suspect this guy might not have been the most suitable candidate:

"Victoria Police has defended the actions of a protective services officer (PSO) who accidentally fired his gun on his first day on the job protecting Melbourne's railway stations."

The Commission will resume virtual public hearings on Thursday, 7 May 2020.

Examining procedure and tidying up, the bulk of the witnesses have been through but thanks I didn't know they were back in for a couple of days. The outcome in final reports will be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dean Laidley in drag - do not care one iota and it shouldn't have any bearing on his character and standing, how & what someone wants to do/behave in private is just that, private

Dean Laidley stalking & domestic violence - cannot be excused and if found guilty, should face the full force of the law
I'm not sure what "the full force of the law" means but would his very public humiliation not be taken into account by a judge?

I'd assume it would reduce any potential sentence considerably.

How is using your birth name an advantage?

As the other poster said, at the time (1970s), newspapers had reporters/trainees scanning court listings for any big names, then they’d send a reporter along if name was big enough. Scanning court listings and seeing Ian Cervi, no alarm bells. Seeing “Ian Stewart” on the other hand...

On Tuesday evening, Victoria Police released a statement confirming a second senior constable had been suspended and is expected to be charged for their involvement.

“Professional Standards Command have today suspended a second Victoria Police employee in relation to photos circulating on social media of a person who was in custody at a police station in Victoria,” the statement read.

“The male senior constable is also from the southern-metropolitan region.

“He is expected to be charged with a breach under section 227 of the Victoria Police Act, which is unauthorised disclosure of information.

“As the investigation is ongoing, we will be making no further comment.”

On Tuesday evening, Victoria Police released a statement confirming a second senior constable had been suspended and is expected to be charged for their involvement.

“Professional Standards Command have today suspended a second Victoria Police employee in relation to photos circulating on social media of a person who was in custody at a police station in Victoria,” the statement read.

“The male senior constable is also from the southern-metropolitan region.

“He is expected to be charged with a breach under section 227 of the Victoria Police Act, which is unauthorised disclosure of information.

“As the investigation is ongoing, we will be making no further comment.”

Idiots

Haven't they got anything better to do ? Like you know fine people for not socially distancing

As the other poster said, at the time (1970s), newspapers had reporters/trainees scanning court listings for any big names, then they’d send a reporter along if name was big enough. Scanning court listings and seeing Ian Cervi, no alarm bells. Seeing “Ian Stewart” on the other hand...
Now they scan the online court portals.

I am totally confused on this bizarre story. Can someone who actually might know some facts please connect the stalking, drugs, drag, alleyway tryst, in the correct order.
The correct order is drugs, tryst, more drugs, drag, and then more drugs. I'm not sure where the stalking fits in but I assume it's somewhere both before and after drugs and potentially in-between as well.

BluStu fromQ said:
I thought he was dressed in drag to hide his identity while stalking someone, but that's not the facts. I really feel sorry for the bloke. His nickname when playing at Eagles was junkyard dog and I'm sorry to make light of the situation, but the thought of him in drag is just bizarre. If it was he struggled with his sexual identity forced him to take drugs why was he stalking?
I think you are confusing sexual identity (gay/straight/other) with gender identity (male/female/other). But why assume a man in a wig is struggling with their gender identity anyway?

Maybe he just likes wearing a wig and smoking meth. Nothing wrong with that.

Do you have any idea of the hurdles one must go through in order to just get into the academy?

It’s long strenuous process.
What is up with the moderation here? You can't make tasteless jokes? WTF? One of the main reasons I go to Big Footy is to read the jokes... looks like they've all been scrubbed. So, no jokes on the rumours or scandals board, for the biggest scandal story in a year? WTF?
plenty of threads for tasteless shit jokes mate. how about giving Laidley and his family a break

This is why male gay footballers do not come out.

Social media would have a field day and their face would be front of the newspapers and first bulletin on the news, when all they would want is to be left alone.

The media are scum.

Pick up a newspaper once in a while and turn to the front; or flick on the TV.
The media do more promotion of LGTBQ issues and gender issues than anyone does/.
Don't tar all media with the same brush as some of these sporting knobs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Back