Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

So many people feigning interest/outrage about the stalking charges/breaking of lockdown.

The reason we are all so interested in this is the cross dressing part. Doesn't make you a bad person or a transphobe or anything, it is seriously just a shocking turn that this otherwise normal albeit sad story took.

Not to mention the whole leaked photos aspect of it, where majority of us went and searched for them, and also the fact that Bigfooty has been the main hub of online discussion about the whole incident.

In other words, the cross dressing is the reason this is currently at 48 pages after 30-odd hours instead of 3 pages. And that's a normal reaction considering how juicy all this stuff is
hasn't helped that there is nothing else to talk about in the football/sporting world either

Poor bastard

Those comments are coming from the same type of people you see in this video. The type that would be quick to label someone as transphobic if they made joking comments about someone who dressed like Laidley did in the cop shop and would feel morally superior to those people.

Yet deeper down they do not respect the lifestyle of cross dressers or transpeople. They say they do but they really look upon them with pity. They assume something is not mentally right with them. They are not as capable as others so their agency is reduced. They might be 'suicidal' as has been mentioned many times as a possibility about Laidley.

These people think they have good morals and are compassionate yet they really do not respect transpeople or cross dressers as equal. They look upon them with pity and as inferior and apply a lower standard to them.

Yet he and his lawyer have already thrown the mental health card out there. Cant have it both ways!

your probably right but Jon ralph wouldn't know shit from clay

Let's all chip in for a voucher to a "make your own pottery class" for Jono

Don't forget about a Brownlow medalist and former coach who was caught in drag about 30+ years ago. During the prime of his career he was suddenly transferred and probably cost that club one flag. Strong rumours the coach knew about his penchant and did not want him at the club....allegedly.

That Brownlow medallist had the advantage of using his birth name several times when going through the courts for offences (one of which was jamming a cop's arm in his window then driving off dragging the cop along, this while in drag). So he managed to keep some of his conduct under the radar.

Which Brownlow medallist allegedly managed this??

Those comments are coming from the same type of people you see in this video. The type that would be quick to label someone as transphobic if they made joking comments about someone who dressed like Laidley did in the cop shop and would feel morally superior to those people.

Yet deeper down they do not respect the lifestyle of cross dressers or transpeople. They say they do but they really look upon them with pity. They assume something is not mentally right with them. They are not as capable as others so their agency is reduced. They might be 'suicidal' as has been mentioned many times as a possibility about Laidley.

These people think they have good morals and are compassionate yet they really do not respect transpeople or cross dressers as equal. They look upon them with pity and as inferior and apply a lower standard to them.

Too bad I can’t load that video you posted, but I couldn’t agree more with your post. Thanks.

Too bad I can’t load that video you posted, but I couldn’t agree more with your post. Thanks.
Video title is "Ami Horowitz: How white liberals really view black voters" where a number of college students justify voter ID laws as being racist in a manner that demonstrates their own bigotry of low expectations. The second half of the video shows him asking African American people questions based on the arguments put forward by the college students and others in the first half of the video.

Don't forget about a Brownlow medalist and former coach who was caught in drag about 30+ years ago. During the prime of his career he was suddenly transferred and probably cost that club one flag. Strong rumours the coach knew about his penchant and did not want him at the club....allegedly.
That Brownlow medallist had the advantage of using his birth name several times when going through the courts for offences (one of which was jamming a cop's arm in his window then driving off dragging the cop along, this while in drag). So he managed to keep some of his conduct under the radar.
These Ian Stewart stories have already been posted on another thread on this board, quit the smoke and windows behind the mirror.

Video title is "Ami Horowitz: How white liberals really view black voters" where a number of college students justify voter ID laws as being racist in a manner that demonstrates their own bigotry of low expectations. The second half of the video shows him asking African American people questions based on the arguments put forward by the college students and others in the first half of the video.
Thanks. That’s the description of racism of low expectations. The sooner we become colourblind the better.

That sounds like whole lot of dragging.

I am sincerely thankful for the people employed to uphold the law. Without these people I would not be able to sit at my computer eating Doritos and posting on bigfooty.

That said, this industry attracts more than it's fair share of absolute campaigners. And it is true to say these absolute campaigners have the means to act like absolute campaigners with impunity. So it's impossible to say "but, most police officers are very good". We don't know this as fact. My personal experiences with the Victorian Police have occasionally been very good. There have been very very bad experiences as well.

Last edited:
Most men can't wait to get into a dress and have a night out dressed as a lady. You only have to look at end of season mad Mondays when costumes are permitted to be worn. English cricket supporters especially enjoy putting on a nurses outfit.
I find the whole thing reprehensible. I cannot find a dress that does not make my ass look fat...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most men can't wait to get into a dress and have a night out dressed as a lady. You only have to look at end of season mad Mondays when costumes are permitted to be worn. English cricket supporters especially enjoy putting on a nurses outfit.
I find the whole thing reprehensible. I cannot find a dress that does not make my ass look fat...

You must shop where my missus shops.....

What is up with the moderation here? You can't make tasteless jokes? WTF? One of the main reasons I go to Big Footy is to read the jokes... looks like they've all been scrubbed. So, no jokes on the rumours or scandals board, for the biggest scandal story in a year? WTF?

Its a drag isnt it........

These Ian Stewart stories have already been posted on another thread on this board, quit the smoke and windows behind the mirror.

Ok, but given some of the heavy-handed deleting going on here atm, seems we need to tiptoe around. Yes, Ian Stewart had a few run ins with the law, looks like it's on his Wikipedia page anyway. Exposed himself at a shopping centre in broad daylight, dragged a cop along Collins St who was trying to, if not arrest him, at least question him. And went to court under the name Ian Cervi, his birth name (Stewart was his step-father's name). Dressing in drag was also apparently a preference of his, and was not a crime at the time either - he managed to turn some of his instances of dressing in drag into actual offences by additional actions.

In that instance it's usually your arse that makes your arse look fat.

Go the Moo-Moo - good for when working from home as well !!

homer - moo moo.jpg homer.jpg

This is why male gay footballers do not come out.

Social media would have a field day and their face would be front of the newspapers and first bulletin on the news, when all they would want is to be left alone.

The media are scum.

It could actually have the opposite effect. Being gay is utterly vanilla these days. Coming out now would be a yawn fest. 30 years ago people were still arguing about whether to put the jam or cream first on their scones - coming out then was a bombshell by comparison.

To be honest, the idea that there is a significant portion of society with a problem with gays is fading fast. Way faster than this nation's slow moving activists or journalists would have you believe.

(Its jam first and then cream by the way, anything else is barbarism at its worst.)

Last edited:
It could actually have the opposite effect. Being gay is utterly vanilla these days. Coming out now would be a yawn fest. 30 years ago people were still arguing about whether to put the jam or cream first on their scones - coming out then was a bombshell by comparison.

To be honest, the idea that there is a significant portion of society with a problem with gays is fading fast. Way faster than than this nation's slow moving activists or journalists would have you believe.

(Its jam first and then cream by the way, anything else is barbarism at its worst.)

Have you ever tried jam, cream, then jam again, then cream again? :eek: I'm sure that's how Elvis would eat scones...
(I'm not saying it's better, but sometimes it's good to try different things, happy to wear the barbarism tag though. :))

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Back