Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever tried jam, cream, then jam again, then cream again? :eek: I'm sure that's how Elvis would eat scones...
(I'm not saying it's better, but sometimes it's good to try different things, happy to wear the barbarism tag though. :))

That's pretty much how Hitler started.

It could actually have the opposite effect. Being gay is utterly vanilla these days. Coming out now would be a yawn fest. 30 years ago people were still arguing about whether to put the jam or cream first on their scones - coming out then was a bombshell by comparison.

To be honest, the idea that there is a significant portion of society with a problem with gays is fading fast. Way faster than than this nation's slow moving activists or journalists would have you believe.

(Its jam first and then cream by the way, anything else is barbarism at its worst.)

Laidley's arrest imo is mundane, we see breaches of family violence orders by people who are messed up on drugs and who might be running off the rails every day. It isn't even shocking he was arrested in drag, I really don't think anybody cares about what he was wearing the bigger news was that his mug shot landed on the front page.

I come off the crime board so I get it that I might have a slightly different perspective on this.

Laidley's arrest imo is mundane, we see breaches of family violence orders by people who are messed up on drugs and who might be running off the rails every day. It isn't even shocking he was arrested in drag, I really don't think anybody cares about what he was wearing the bigger news was that his mug shot landed on the front page.

I come off the crime board so I get it that I might have a slightly different perspective on this.

I have to be honest - call me a neanderthal but the bigger news for me was the fact he was in drag. I can't believe anyone can think otherwise.

I have to be honest - call me a neanderthal but the bigger news for me was the fact he was in drag. I can't believe anyone can think otherwise.

Fair enough. I might be immune after years ago, seeing my idol Oscar De La Hoya in drag so nothing much shocks.

When I first heard about his arrest on stalking charges and there was a pic, I made the assumption that the drag was his disguise to not get caught spying and I thought 'oh yeah serves him right' and that's why his pic was allowed to go up. But on realising what really happened, it was another kind of sad betrayal.

That Brownlow medallist had the advantage of using his birth name several times when going through the courts for offences (one of which was jamming a cop's arm in his window then driving off dragging the cop along, this while in drag). So he managed to keep some of his conduct under the radar.

How is using your birth name an advantage?

Footy Classified completely ignoring this 'scandal'. What possible reason could they have for doing so? Wouldn't be Hutchy being CEO of CrocMedia who are central to the photo leaks could it?

Before people say that it's not footy related, strange that this isn't afforded to other current and ex players and footy personalities.

How disappointing and obvious in it's motivations.
Probably AFL knew his private battles for a while now. There is a lot going through the blokes head which has contributed to substance use for self-medication. It’s been reported he blames himself for a north fan committing suicide, physical toll from injuries along with personal issues like depression, relationship breakdown and with possible identity issues. This no excuse for the alleged offences he committed and will get sentenced accordingly. There is more to the story that people know in the afl industry and in certain parts of the media.

I would have thought people would be able to put this together from what's been reported, but Laidley has been denied bail because he has offended whilst already being out on bail from a previous but (as yet) undisclosed crime IMO. One would figure it is probably similar or identical to the most recent one and is probably directly related to the initial victim(s) and hence, no bail...

He never applied for Bail

Yet he and his lawyer have already thrown the mental health card out there. Cant have it both ways!
There is no such thing called the mental health card. Mental illness is real is often a contributing factor in people’s offending. Deinstitutionalisation is a factor why mental health is increasing brought up. If sentenced for majority indictable offences, he will be sentenced accordingly. Offending history, seriousness of offence, public deterrence is more of a factor in sentencing. Mental health can never be used to reduce a sentence. Can only be used to justify a community-based order.

If everyone knows you as Ben Cousins but your legal name is Ben Smith it would help. Probably not today, but back then definitely.

Ah yeah gotcha

The Senior Sgt who leaked the photos - totally irresponsible and unprofessional when there has been a huge wave of sympathy towards the police force following the Eastern Freeway crash, he should be busted down a few levels as part of his punishment

Dean Laidley in drag - do not care one iota and it shouldn't have any bearing on his character and standing, how & what someone wants to do/behave in private is just that, private

Dean Laidley stalking & domestic violence - cannot be excused and if found guilty, should face the full force of the law

The Senior Sgt who leaked the photos - totally irresponsible and unprofessional when there has been a huge wave of sympathy towards the police force following the Eastern Freeway crash, he should be busted down a few levels as part of his punishment

Dean Laidley in drag - do not care one iota and it shouldn't have any bearing on his character and standing, how & what someone wants to do/behave in private is just that, private

Dean Laidley stalking & domestic violence - cannot be excused and if found guilty, should face the full force of the law
wasnt a snr sergeant... was a snr constable... still not right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not from the person he was stalking?

No of course not and he should face the full weight of the law and if he has a drug problem detox. I'm finding it hard to get details through all the noise and rumours of exactly what he's alleged to have done.

In regards to what some people have said about the 'other charges'.. they have been listed as 'four other intervention order breaches'. What this is most likely refers to is texting/calling/attempting to make contact with the other party. The spectrum of severity is really limited to how threatening one can be in a text/voicemail. If it was anything else of note, he would be charged as such.

"Busted down a few levels"?

Are you joking?
His job is gone.
He Will be lucky not to go to jail IMO.

I am totally confused on this bizarre story. Can someone who actually might know some facts please connect the stalking, drugs, drag, alleyway tryst, in the correct order. I thought he was dressed in drag to hide his identity while stalking someone, but that's not the facts. I really feel sorry for the bloke. His nickname when playing at Eagles was junkyard dog and I'm sorry to make light of the situation, but the thought of him in drag is just bizarre. If it was he struggled with his sexual identity forced him to take drugs why was he stalking??

It is demonstrably true.

Protective Services Officers were introduced in 2011. They're the people we pay $65,000 a year to carry semi-automatic firearms whist checking myki cards.

The requirements to become a PSO are less than that of a regular police officer but they are still considered part of the police force.

(Edit: as an aside, it is interesting to note that VicPol updated their policy re: tattoos (they can now be visible whilst on-duty), but beards remain prohibited (with medical, cultural and religious exemptions). Moustaches are acceptable despite being a little bit creepy)
You use the words demonstrably true, then go off on a tangent talking about PSO's. FMD

I am sincerely thankful for the people employed to uphold the law. Without these people I would not be able to sit at my computer eating Doritos and posting on bigfooty.

That said, this industry attracts more than it's fair share of absolute campaigners. And it is true to say these absolute campaigners have the means to act like absolute campaigners with impunity. So it's impossible to say "but, most police officers are very good". We don't know this as fact. My personal experiences with the Victorian Police have occasionally been very good. There have been very very bad experiences as well.

It's amusing how you have had so many confrontations with VicPol. Why is that?

1588665388455.png

No of course not and he should face the full weight of the law and if he has a drug problem detox. I'm finding it hard to get details through all the noise and rumours of exactly what he's alleged to have done.
So you don't know the details of what he's alleged to have done, but he should face the full weight of the law.

Makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Dani Laidley Arrested - Leave the Tasteless Jokes at the Door When Entering

Remove this Banner Ad

Back