Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

When will Daniel Curtin play his 3rd game?

• Sometime during Rounds 17-20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We surely can't be at the level of desperation that we are using him posting to Insta as a sign he loves it here? He can't exactly post anything else footy-related can he?

I hate that by not selecting him against two lower-ranked teams (who we lost to anyway so its a double fail), we surely won't bring him in to face the two Sydney teams.
Maybe he’s just been told he’s in and his sarcasm has been lost in translation.

Where there's smoke there's fire... he won't be at the club past 2025. no wonder this rebuild has failed. 3 top 10 draft picks since 2018 burnt! Jones, McAsey and now prob Curtain with the reports that he is home sick....

LOL, yeah nah to wanting out.

It still doesn't explain why he was training by himself. Like I said earlier, the whole thing is just... odd?

Was he actually training by himself for minutes or did he happen to be standing alone in the clip and it’s just the close up making it look like he is alone?
I suspect Chelsea consoling may have been he found out he wasn’t up for selection this week in the Ones

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was he actually training by himself for minutes or did he happen to be standing alone in the clip and it’s just the close up making it look like he is alone?
I suspect Chelsea consoling may have been he found out he wasn’t up for selection this week in the Ones

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Or the Pokemon he was chasing got away from him.

Could be anything.

Can see why Footy media keeps churning its gossip with the reaction to such an asinine clip.

Curtin may go, but a three second clip doesn't show anything.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jon Ralph on Fox Footy says he's spoken to the club this week, Curtin has been reprogramemd as a high half back rather than a key position defender.
Shocked What The GIF by Amazon Freevee

Jon Ralph on Fox Footy says he's spoken to the club this week, Curtin has been reprogrammed as a high half back rather than a key position defender.
Whether or not ralph actually knows anything, the proof will be in the pudding. A high half back role however will suit his ability to take the game on.

I say, get him in the side and barring injury, lets get 10 games into him to wind the season out. He will learn far more on the job than listening to godden in the SANFL or running laps at training

Whether or not ralph actually knows anything, the proof will be in the pudding. A high half back role however will suit his ability to take the game on.

I say, get him in the side and barring injury, lets get 10 games into him to wind the season out. He will learn far more on the job than listening to godden in the SANFL or running laps at training
Curtinly a lot more to gain by this

Why was he programmed as a kpd anyway, just inept.

I think the issue was that he was not a deep defender, but a CHB running intercept marker type. The club wanted him as that 2nd tall in deep defence. Which from what ive been told by some on here, he should have been better in that position. I can accept that. But if his strength is to run, then hell why not have him in that role. Play him to his strengths.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind the club having him in the SANFL to learn to defend a little better, you need to be able to defend in the AFL, especially at HB. The complaint on Smith these days is that his defense is average (along with his offense to be fair). It was the same issue with Hamill but he has improved.

BUT having acurtin play in the AFL as a deep defender or the SANFL is just plain stupid

I think the issue was that he was not a deep defender, but a CHB running intercept marker type. The club wanted him as that 2nd tall in deep defence. Which from what ive been told by some on here, he should have been better in that position. I can accept that. But if his strength is to run, then hell why not have him in that role. Play him to his strengths.
I haven't watched every SANFL game but it seems like he's the last defender fairly often, and then gets released up the ground at times where he racks them up.

Jon Ralph on Fox Footy says he's spoken to the club this week, Curtin has been reprogrammed as a high half back rather than a key position defender.

Have to laugh at "reprogrammed", but this is a good change. One has to wonder why it wasn't the first option, but whatever...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

Back