Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

When will Daniel Curtin play his 3rd game?

• This week (Round 16)

• Sometime during Rounds 17-20

• Sometime during Rounds 21-24

• Next season

• After he's traded to a WA club (you cynical monster you)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is saying it is impossible that he leaves or that nobody ever leaves while contracted. There's just no particular reason to assume that it's happening at this stage, and most player movements happen while OOC.
Nobody thought McGovern was leaving either

Until the whispers started

They can also not change.

Regardless we have absolutely no way of knowing, players who are leaving are still going to (usually) do media talking about how great they club is and players who are staying are still usually subject to rumours that they are going to leave when there's cause for speculation (OOC, go home factor etc). For now Curtin is contracted so it's very improbable he's going anywhere.
Let the bed wetters TakeOver this thread. Much funnier that way.

Seriously, a nobody text to Mr Tabloid himself is actually beyond laughable as a source. Why many didn’t bother to check the credibility of the source says a lot about their default outlook.

Hopefully Rowey reads out my text making publicly available information in H Reid, Daicos, Curnow, JHF and friends are likely to demand a move to the tri colours come seasons end.

That footage of him on Channel 7 news tonight was disturbing. Looked upset, consoled by Chelsea Randall and trained on his own they said. Feel for the kid.
Yeah I saw that, as they snuck that in at the end, and messaged a mate about it. Devastating. :sadv1:

That footage of him on Channel 7 news tonight was disturbing. Looked upset, consoled by Chelsea Randall and trained on his own they said. Feel for the kid.
He has Covid apparently? Would explain the isolation and looking upset?

Ok I watched it. I didn’t think there was much in the footage at all. Was expecting to see him sobbing or something from your description.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you see him in the Dowling video? Was sitting just to his right. Dan looked naturally happy and content. And stoked for his teammate.

He still seemed quite happy and engaged with the squad

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Regardless of his thoughts on his own career, being part of an AFL club in his first year with his mates is always going to be enjoyable.

if playing a high pick at full back in the reserves isn't a way to gain endearment from a player i don't know what is

but ofc in general many players once retired say how much they disliked moving and were unsettled the first few years, so in general no biggie i reckon, just with the crows you're never sure if they're going to get the tex walker, fogarty, mcasey etc spend your development in sanfl treatment

Where there's smoke there's fire... he won't be at the club past 2025. no wonder this rebuild has failed. 3 top 10 draft picks since 2018 burnt! Jones, McAsey and now prob Curtain with the reports that he is home sick....

Where there's smoke there's fire... he won't be at the club past 2025. no wonder this rebuild has failed. 3 top 10 draft picks since 2018 burnt! Jones, McAsey and now prob Curtain with the reports that he is home sick....
He's certainly home, sick, today.

Last edited:
I'm still wondering WTF is happening with Curtin? So last week he's celebrating Dowling getting a call up to the Seniors... then training on his own with Chelsea consoling him, people thinking it's Covid? Nek Minnut, someone posts here he's pouring water over Sloane for the SA freeze Thusrsday night, and then out there playing today? I just don't get it? WTF is going on?

I'm still wondering WTF is happening with Curtin? So last week he's celebrating Dowling getting a call up to the Seniors... then training on his own with Chelsea consoling him, people thinking it's Covid? Nek Minnut, someone posts here he's pouring water over Sloane for the SA freeze Thusrsday night, and then out there playing today? I just don't get it? WTF is going on?
neither does he, is my guess

People heard Curtin trained on his own and just all started speculating it was because he had COVID. Nothing more too it than that.

Was odd people using Chelsea consoling him though as proof given generally people with COVID don't sit out there talking with other people.

Back