Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

When will Daniel Curtin play his 3rd game?

• Sometime during Rounds 17-20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant understand why we cant try Curtin up forward.

We probably have Tex retiring at the end of the year.
We have Himmelberg out the door.
We probably will delist Gollant after never giving him a fair crack at it.
Burgess is out of his depth.
Borlase is not a forward.

There's a massive big hole up there that we need to fill but the coaches cant see it
What a wasted year of development for one of our brightest talents

There's a massive big hole up there that we need to fill but the coaches cant see it
There's some truth to our squad still being far too young.
But that's mainly because Nicks keeps giving games to players who will ultimately fail and we have to start from scratch with new players.

This doesnt make much sense to me. There needs to be a coherent plan for what the kid ends up as, then take actions to develop him in that direction. Giving a kid who you want as a midfielder game time off the back flank or wing for experience makes sense. Lets get him in the side back there.

Filling holes up forward with a kid because he's tall isnt helping him.

This doesnt make much sense to me. There needs to be a coherent plan for what the kid ends up as, then take actions to develop him in that direction. Giving a kid who you want as a midfielder game time off the back flank or wing for experience makes sense. Lets get him in the side back there.

Why do we always play our midfielders on the HFF for then?
I don't think he will be a midfielder.
And I don't want our # 8 pick playing fullback either.
We have plenty of backman at the moment, we don't need more.

It's not about putting him forward because he is tall.
It's playing a talented kid to develop him to the best he can be and getting the best bang for your buck with a #8 draft pick

Why not try and develop his forward play and play to his strengths

It's playing a talented kid to develop him to the best he can be and getting the best bang for your buck with a #8 draft pick

I would just want to see what he’s capable of playing his natural game instead of it getting sucked out of him

HFF is basically midfield these days.

Easy to find video on YT of Curtain playing back, wing and forward for Claremont during last year’s WAFL finals series.

On the video though, he’d have to improve to be better than draftee Max M, but he will never ever be within cooee of 17-18 yo Ben H.

I dont want out #8 pick playing full back either - i really hope they didnt see him as a tall defender when he was drafted. That would make ~ 5 of 15 1st round picks back to 2008 (6 if you want to count Doedee as a 3rd tall) spent at a position that history shows can be filled with late picks or failed forwards.

You were talking about playing him as a tall forward though. Unless you've trying to develop him as a tall forward, whats the point?
I do agree we should play him and get games into him now. But it needs to be in a position that is helping him settle and develop the skillset that he needs long term.

Easy to find video on YT of Curtain playing back, wing and forward for Claremont during last year’s WAFL finals series.

On the video though, he’d have to improve to be better than draftee Max M, but he will never ever be within cooee of 17-18 yo Ben H.

Not many can measure up to Ben Hart as a kid. Saw his debut in the finals for North the year before. Incredible really.

I'm overseas & dont see kids coming through to the draft outside of the odd highlights clip. So i have no basis for an opinion on where Curtin ends up, how good he is at this stage. We're not seeing a consistent plan to develop him and concerning.

Back