Player Watch Daniel Curtin - Debut

When will Daniel Curtin play his 3rd game?

• Sometime during Rounds 17-20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

yes, the SANFL is not a place to develop such a talent
''For Dan, it's a first-year player that's working through his game, and he has some real strengths to his game, which is why we picked him where we did in the draft. We're working on a couple of other areas''

To me this highlights everything wrong with our approach . He recognises Curtin has ''real strengths'' yet will wait until he knocks the bad out of his game

FFS

I recognise Curtin wont play midfield in the As but plunking him back set him up to fail.

You dont hold greyhounds back to watch rabbits run by

Or.... the alternate non conspiracy theory as the club have never said he's a FB (he's played there a whole one game), they are experimenting with him in different positions throughout the season given his unique skill set (not many players come through the draft that are gun KPDs and midfielders).
So where has he played the rest of the season?
I feel like he’s played back most of the season.

I cant understand why we cant try Curtin up forward.

We probably have Tex retiring at the end of the year.
We have Himmelberg out the door.
We probably will delist Gollant after never giving him a fair crack at it.
Burgess is out of his depth.
Borlase is not a forward.

There's a massive big hole up there that we need to fill but the coaches cant see it
What a wasted year of development for one of our brightest talents

We're not trialling things like that, there's 4 po8nts on offer this weekend. And the best way to develop the future is to ignore it and focus 100% on the next game.

He has been named FB nearly every week. My post was more tongue in cheek about the rumours. But its odd to name him one week at FB then the next in the midfield. Honestly I dont care. As long as they allow him to find his niche spot and play to his strengths. If he becomes the AFLs best FB I wouldnt care. It just seems we've persisted with him in areas that aren't his strength, That is all.

I saw Ned named at CHF one week.

''For Dan, it's a first-year player that's working through his game, and he has some real strengths to his game, which is why we picked him where we did in the draft. We're working on a couple of other areas''

To me this highlights everything wrong with our approach . He recognises Curtin has ''real strengths'' yet will wait until he knocks the bad out of his game

FFS

I recognise Curtin wont play midfield in the As but plunking him back set him up to fail.

Players like Murphy and Ned clearly have no areas of their game to work on.. Both bring their 'real strengths' in flawless shapekeeping.

FFS

I've said it before repeatedly - our development seems to be all about mitigating our players' weaknesses rather than building on their strengths. The end result is a list full of the same average player.

Back