Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Jackson is what you would call strictly a tagger. He is in Richmonds side because he is highly rated as our best stopper at the club and one would think the way he speaks and his media presentation that he would be highly regarded as one of our senior leaders.
The problem Jackson has faced in the past couple of years is that the game now does not allow pure taggers anymore and you will find that more and more of the 'taggers' are now evolving their game and becoming more damaging for their respective clubs and not based just as taggers.
Also Jackson has never been the quickest man the grace the football field, but will always give 100% when he takes that football field and wears the yellow and black jumper, albeit with some mental snaps along the way. The game has simply caught up to him as he was once regarded as Richmonds best stopper and now the tiger faithful are calling for his head.
He is out of contract and is yet to sign at tigerland, causing some speculation over his future. Sydney have shown some interest in him and given Richmond's up and coming youngsters, it may not be a bad idea to look at a trade with him and see what we can get in return. He has been serviceable for the tigers, but looking forward does he fit into the plans of the next Richmond premiership? I am sure a lot of the tiger faithful will respond with but neither is.... but the difference is you may get something in return for Jackson and may just work.

But what could we possibly get for him?? Picks? We'd get a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best.

Players that Sydney have that they would give up?

Rohan?.......ok im dreaming
Mumford? Still in la la land

What could we possibly get for this Tiger trundler?? Give me names fellas

I remember around the time Terry was taking over that a talk back caller was saying how good we would be when our future young champions would reach their peak.

The names that were going to explode were..

Brett Hartigan
Tom Roach
Andrew Raines
Daniel Jackson.
Chris Hyde.

Have to give Jackson the credit of being the best of the bunch.

I remember around the time Terry was taking over that a talk back caller was saying how good we would be when our future young champions would reach their peak.

Brett Hartigan
Tom Roach
Andrew Raines
Daniel Jackson.
Chris Hyde.

That's a bit like saying Magda Szubanski is the best of a bunch that also contains Rosie O'Donnell, Rosanne Barr, kd lang and Jessica Schipper.

That's a bit like saying Magda Szubanski is the best of a bunch that also contains Rosie O'Donnell, Rosanne Barr, kd lang and Jessica Schipper.

LOL.

Im probably more pissed about the fact that Ive gone to a strip club promising great talent and seen

Rosie O'Donnell
Rosanne Barr
kd lang
Jessica Schipper

Jackson is the Magda of the bunch after weight loss though. But that hardly turns the night around.

But what could we possibly get for him?? Picks? We'd get a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best.

Players that Sydney have that they would give up?

Rohan?.......ok im dreaming
Mumford? Still in la la land

What could we possibly get for this Tiger trundler?? Give me names fellas

It'll never happen, but i want Jesse White (to replace Miller) for Jackson. I actually can't understand why the swans would be interested in Dan.

Hehe:D. Apparently Schipper has a nickname of "Brains" in some quarters, as in "Schipper Brains".

Haere Ra

Hehe:D. Apparently Schipper has a nickname of "Brains" in some quarters, as in "Schipper Brains".

Haere Ra

Without giving away too much, on a scale of one to ten (one being a long way away), how close is the contract situation from being resolved (if you're aware of any news of course).

Without giving away too much, on a scale of one to ten (one being a long way away), how close is the contract situation from being resolved (if you're aware of any news of course).

I'm just a mere kiwi currently studying confucian philosphy in Kuala Lumpur, but if you're talking about the tall Transylvanian with nickname of "Drago", it's more a Bo Derek (showing my age!) than a Jessica Schipper.

Haere Ra

I'm just a mere kiwi currently studying confucian philosphy in Kuala Lumpur, but if you're talking about the tall Transylvanian with nickname of "Drago", it's more a Bo Derek (showing my age!) than a Jessica Schipper.

Haere Ra

Bugger, i was hoping it was more of a Roy Orbison;).

Haha CB17!

For some, if you take the "L" out of "LOVER" then it's........" The Motels.

Haere Ra

Great stuff, well that settles that then doesn't it. Will the 2000 Olympic city be the winner from this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brett Hartigan
Tom Roach
Andrew Raines
Daniel Jackson.
Chris Hyde.

Of that list I wouldn't be as harsh on Hyde. He might not have been the most skilled player on our list, but he gave 100% which is a lot more than almost the entirety of the list was giving back then. Tough too, those concussions he got....

Of that list I wouldn't be as harsh on Hyde. He might not have been the most skilled player on our list, but he gave 100% which is a lot more than almost the entirety of the list was giving back then. Tough too, those concussions he got....

I agree on Hyde. I guess its more a case of pointing out how some people felt this was a group that was going to push us up the ladder over time. Few posters back then thought Jackson was a champion in the making at a young age.

I remember a woman on talkback almost saying that the rest of the competition should pack it up because we had a young player in Roach who enthusiastically celebrated a goal.

Amazing how being young can pump up expectations. Jackson showed alot of grunt and good attitude over his time but like many its now time to call it a day.

Totally agree I think the thing with Jackson, and really with everyone on our list is asking the question, 2-3 years down the track are they guys that will be an asset?

I look at Jackson and say no. I think by now, we should be able to expect more from him, his FA was atrocious and hurt us deeply.

As someone else said, we may only get a 3rd round pick for him...but that pick may lead to a player that will be an asset.

I agree on Hyde. I guess its more a case of pointing out how some people felt this was a group that was going to push us up the ladder over time. Few posters back then thought Jackson was a champion in the making at a young age.

I remember a woman on talkback almost saying that the rest of the competition should pack it up because we had a young player in Roach who enthusiastically celebrated a goal.

Amazing how being young can pump up expectations. Jackson showed alot of grunt and good attitude over his time but like many its now time to call it a day.

Hyde was an unlucky player to be delisted at the time he was. Was a victim of the 'need to give younger layers game time and see what they're made of' and unfortunately someone had to go. Was likely best 22 at the time and history will show that most, if not all, of those who were given a go ahead of him weren't as good and have been a waste development-wise.

On Jackson, sorry, it's time! A slow player has become slower and he ain't finding the ball anymore.

When you can't mark, can't kick, can't make a decision, leave a game with 0 tackles for a supposedly defensive player, your slow, you don't put in effort.....you are a average VFL player. Not starting 22....

Want him gone at the end of the year...even when he use to tag I never thought he really restricted anyone.

Went to the game. When he missed that handball i heard a camera man say "Can't Kick, Can't Mark, Can't Handball".

We know Hardwick rates him but surely not as a wingman/half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back