Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Jackson proved beyond a shadow of a doubt last night that he is a liability to the team. Dropping simple chest marks ,allowing opposition midfielders to run rampant, ( he is supposed to be our no. 1 tagger ). Constantly giving away stupid & undisciplined free kicks. I think it`s time the match committee made a decision on either Jackson or tuck .Clearly the team cannot carry both, and for what Shane Tuck brings to the side, he is clearly miles ahead of Jackson . I still cannot believe that the RFC have carried this bloke for as long as they have . If the rumours are true, we could have gotten a half decent trade pick from Sydney last year for him . Oh well too late now

Won't be dropped.

We will play with 21 again next week

Thinking the same. Been evident he's a liability for a long time now yet never dropped. Why would it suddenly change now? This performance was just same old, same old Jackson. Can rock up each week and dish up pure shit performances and knows he's a lock next week. Same with Edwards.

Either Dimma has no balls because he doesn't want to drop a leadership member (LOL that is so disrespectful to the likes of Cotch
btw) or he actually rates what've brings to the side which is nothing.

Cmon Dimma, wake up to yourself. Just shooting yourself in the foot.

For what it's worth I have been told from within the club that the goal is to have him replaced in the best 22 by the end of the year. Although I was told they were hoping Helbig would come on in his 2nd year and replace him.

For some reason or another (generally just ignorance) most posters in here think that premiership sides are made of 22 superstars. Just isn't the case.

Jacko is an equal or better footballer than

2010: Toovey, Johnson, Dawes, Goldsack, McCaffer, L. Brown
2009: Wojinski, Mooney, Rooke, Hawkins, Byrnes, Blake.
2008: Guerra, Osborne, Williams, Campbell, Renouf, Gilham, Dew
2007: Hunt, Wojinski, Mooney, N. Ablett, Byrnes, Rooke
2006:Fletcher, B. Jones, Stenglein, Hansen, R. Jones, Armstrong
2005: Mathews, LRT, Dempster, Buchanan, L. Ablett, Bevan, Fosdike
etc,etc,etc

and is well worth keeping for a reasonable wage. If he's going to be offered 500k from GWS then he'd be crazy not to go, but otherwise I don't see why there's a thread to bag the crap out a handy player who busts a gut for this club every week.

was scrolling thru and came across this. what says it all for me is id take anyone of the above over jackson and could name any number of others.

The re-signing of Jackson will haunt us for the next two years - the club lost its nerve when it folded and re-signed him on - but he clearly is not up to it and his disposal and decision making is killing this team. Needs to be sent to Coburg ASAP

The re-signing of Jackson will haunt us for the next two years - the club lost its nerve when it folded and re-signed him on - but he clearly is not up to it and his disposal and decision making is killing this team. Needs to be sent to Coburg ASAP

Depends what the clauses are I suppose.....

Does anyone give him a chance to get back to his 2009 form??? when he was an important part of our side?

IMO the role he played back then is not in the make up of the side anymore... He was played as a defensive forward last night???

he was given 2 years just for depth which we have none of. he still doesnt have to play 1's.

For what it's worth I have been told from within the club that the goal is to have him replaced in the best 22 by the end of the year. Although I was told they were hoping Helbig would come on in his 2nd year and replace him.

As far as I'm concerned both Helbig and Arnott have gone passed him on potential alone (worth investing game time in them). Yeah I'll buy into the "we need hard seasoned bodies on the park", but that policy is useless if they cant play footy! :mad:

Sorry, but after last nights' performance DJ is officially a list clogger. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep we have known for a long long time jackson is below standard.

to those out there who throw up the ordinary players play in premierships or more relevant he polled well in the b&f it does show very ordinary players can have good yrs.
the constant is they cant maintain it and invariably revert to type.ive been calling for his head sinse about 07 because simply put he has never shown himself to have enough good attributes to be a good consistent player yr in yr out.

most players who are limited at other clubs get games yr after yr, almost to a man perform a role and perform that role consistently well,
they also have learnt to play well within their limitations therefore limiting the damage they cause to their team if they didnt. again i will use stkildas clinton jones as an example. limited skills but has real footy smarts a big engine and is very good at locking down his opponent.he also manages to find a fair bit of ball while doing this and generally uses it well because he can make a good decision and he works within his skillset limitations.

i still remember how jubilant greg miller was when we drafted him.waffled on about how this kid is new to footy has a huge upside and we took him this yr because we think he will go early next yr.
never mind he had few of the attributes needed to even succeed yet alone take him a yr early.

i dont think lambasting jackson has any merit in it hes a dud always been a dud to me thats just the outcome of a brutal assesment. thats just the way it is.

the anger should be aimed at those in charge for failing to remove such a chronic underperformer. for failing to assess correctly the players limitations and working out he would always struggle.

this is made even worse this yr when the club could give him a two yr deal rather than delist or trade him. lets face it to trade him would be nigh on impossible as other clubs could see exactly the deficiencies we choose to ignore. other clubs are busy avoiding or cutting players like jackson not trading for them.

craig cameron has a record of doing stupid things like this and as the man responsible in this area id like to see the club hold him accountable for the terrible list management.

cant blame jackson for snaffling up another 2 yr deal when he should have been cut. nope the blame should be aimed at those who keep on making the same mistakes over and over.

if we had cut jackson we would have had space to offer mccarthy a real good contract to get him and gone offered collingwood something to ensure we got him.

list management continues to kill us the only thing cameron has done well is lock away our better players for now and not lose anyone to gc/gws.

As far as I'm concerned both Helbig and Arnott have gone passed him on potential alone (worth investing game time in them). Yeah I'll buy into the "we need hard seasoned bodies on the park", but that policy is useless if they cant play footy! :mad:

Sorry, but after last nights' performance DJ is officially a list clogger. :(

still lots of work to do there tooheys with helbig injured arnott is the only genuine mid we have on the list who can come into the team i find that appalling in itself.

still lots of work to do there tooheys with helbig injured arnott is the only genuine mid we have on the list who can come into the team i find that appalling in itself.

Am aware Helbig is injured santa, but watching "biscuits" playing the 'enforcer' role for the burgers (and playing some good footy for a first year player!), I reckon as soon as he builds a tank throw him the backline similar to what we did with Conca's initiation, and FFS drop DJ to the Burgers for the rest of his contract and only bring him in as an emergency. Besides, he can at least teach some of these kids 'something'(?) & help prepare them for senior level.

I'd have preferred we gave Willie Wheeler two years and Jackson a Coburg contract at the end of last season ?

apparently there were no mature players in minor leagues better than our players and none of them were worth giving a go to.
well ask most on here and you would get that impression.

wheeler sundberg carnell and plenty others would give us more than edwards and jackson and a few others.

Am aware Helbig is injured santa, but watching "biscuits" playing the 'enforcer' role for the burgers (and playing some good footy for a first year player!), I reckon as soon as he builds a tank throw him the backline similar to what we did with Conca's initiation, and FFS drop DJ to the Burgers for the rest of his contract and only bring him in as an emergency. Besides, he can at least teach some of these kids 'something'(?) & help prepare them for senior level.

stuff the tank thats what we have an interchange for hes had two decent weeks being 2nd best this week bring him in now.

yep we have known for a long long time jackson is below standard.

to those out there who throw up the ordinary players play in premierships or more relevant he polled well in the b&f it does show very ordinary players can have good yrs.
the constant is they cant maintain it and invariably revert to type.ive been calling for his head sinse about 07 because simply put he has never shown himself to have enough good attributes to be a good consistent player yr in yr out.

most players who are limited at other clubs get games yr after yr, almost to a man perform a role and perform that role consistently well,
they also have learnt to play well within their limitations therefore limiting the damage they cause to their team if they didnt. again i will use stkildas clinton jones as an example. limited skills but has real footy smarts a big engine and is very good at locking down his opponent.he also manages to find a fair bit of ball while doing this and generally uses it well because he can make a good decision and he works within his skillset limitations.

i still remember how jubilant greg miller was when we drafted him.waffled on about how this kid is new to footy has a huge upside and we took him this yr because we think he will go early next yr.
never mind he had few of the attributes needed to even succeed yet alone take him a yr early.

i dont think lambasting jackson has any merit in it hes a dud always been a dud to me thats just the outcome of a brutal assesment. thats just the way it is.

the anger should be aimed at those in charge for failing to remove such a chronic underperformer. for failing to assess correctly the players limitations and working out he would always struggle.

this is made even worse this yr when the club could give him a two yr deal rather than delist or trade him. lets face it to trade him would be nigh on impossible as other clubs could see exactly the deficiencies we choose to ignore. other clubs are busy avoiding or cutting players like jackson not trading for them.

craig cameron has a record of doing stupid things like this and as the man responsible in this area id like to see the club hold him accountable for the terrible list management.

cant blame jackson for snaffling up another 2 yr deal when he should have been cut. nope the blame should be aimed at those who keep on making the same mistakes over and over.

if we had cut jackson we would have had space to offer mccarthy a real good contract to get him and gone offered collingwood something to ensure we got him.

list management continues to kill us the only thing cameron has done well is lock away our better players for now and not lose anyone to gc/gws.
One of your best Santa.

Yeah that is something I try and remember when I see him out there. Does he need to be the first player ever to come out and say that he is not good enough and should not be picked or kept on the list.

Rather than aiming vitroil at our duds we should remember that they have simply reached a level of football that has found them out. It irritates of course when it is in your beloved teams football jumper.

To his credit he has outlasted that group of young stars we had years ago that were going to move us up the ladder.

I think the young superstars of the future were Roach, Raines,Hartigan, Jackson, Fiora and Shultz.

Rewatched the game just now and made a point to keep an eye on jackson.... I can't believe how bad he played. CANNOT play next week. Play Arnott as sub, give Webberley a go, even ****ing White!

I'd have preferred we gave Willie Wheeler two years and Jackson a Coburg contract at the end of last season ?

Yep it most likely would have been better to have delisted Jackson last year and picked up someone from the second tier comps. Magner would be a massive improvement on Jacko or maybe that Valenti guy. Pretty sure the big knock on him is his speed which would be no problem compared to Jacko. These guys are probably just stop gaps who won't last but so is Jackson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat Daniel Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back