Daniel Kerr - can we afford him/do we want him?

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know if this has been written or not yet, but who would you want if kerr could come to carlton at the expense of fevola?

Not me.
I think it is fair to say that i have had a change of heart regarding Fev. If this is form he can produce when he has sworn off the booze, and switches on, then I want him in Navy Blue for the rest of his career.

Why don't we get Kerr and J Brown?

Also, I heard Dean Cox doesn't like the Eagles any more. And Ben Rutten has decided not to sign in Adelaide. Also, the entire Geelong backline said they want to play with Judd. Riewoldt is tired of the limelight at St Kilda and wants to play HFF for the Blues. There's a rumour that Ryan O'Keefe AND Adam Goodes have had a major falling out with Roosey and want to come south too.

FFS...

Well said :thumbsu:

anyone who says they dont WANT kerr is clearly a moron, however whether we want the messy transfer, salary cap squeeze and potential off field issues is debatable.

he'ed be good to have if it didnt cost us much, but that'll never happen. i'd rather see the club chase someone post season who could potentially fill a hole in our side. beau dowler from hawthorn springs to mind, young and relatively untried, key position prospect. isnt getting a game cause he has boyle franklin and roughead to compete with, is apparently mates with marc murphy, and hawthorn could struggle to fit him in their salary cap. so it is far more concievable for this to happen, especially as hawthorn wouldnt have a whole lot of bargaining power.

and im sure theres probably 30+ other players like dowler we could target under the radar as opposed to try pull off another massive recruit like kerr

anyone who says they dont WANT kerr is clearly a moron, however whether we want the messy transfer, salary cap squeeze and potential off field issues is debatable.

I am not a moron and do not want him here
I would rather look at holding onto to Bryce, Waite, Fischer, Walkeretc who are coming on
Kerr has too much baggage and his god like attitude may rub off on our kids. He may not have done any bad stuff recently but he is a walking time bomb! Our club does not need bad press like hwewould bring
He is not worth the money he would demand
Plus he has dodgey hamstrings and dodgey shoulders

I am not a moron and do not want him here
I would rather look at holding onto to Bryce, Waite, Fischer, Walkeretc who are coming on
Kerr has too much baggage and his god like attitude may rub off on our kids. He may not have done any bad stuff recently but he is a walking time bomb! Our club does not need bad press like hwewould bring
He is not worth the money he would demand
Plus he has dodgey hamstrings and dodgey shoulders

Thats the biggest issue to me! We tried throwing money at a few big names last year, so there is enough cash atm, but i think another seasoned A grade mid would put a lot of strain on the cap in the future.

Unless like the Judd deal, its front loaded to pay him off before the rest are worth money. And keeping in mind Stevo will be a veteran in 2 years and fev in three! That will create massive space in the cap

its interesting
it is way too early too judge if he will be coming too melbourne or not
(it is only rd 5)
going back too the ruck combo's
if kruezer and hammer develop enough to be our ruck pair
could cammo cloke fill the spot at CHF?

funny, there is no chance russel will be better than kerr ever.

You are clearly deluded. JR has all the raw ingredients to stamp his name on a locker and nab a Brownlow. Watch this space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love kerr at our team but only if you could get around it with out giving up a first round pick. Just adding my 2 cents

You don't need to add your two cents with ridiculous comments like that...not giving up a first round pick for Kerr, you are dreaming.
Carlton fans most of you are spot on...don't get your hopes up, Kerry isn't going anywhere

Funny...Juddy was always gonna go home at some stage, who could say no to the money he got. Kerry, however, is from Perth and has no intention of going anywhere...just typical Melbourne media trying to stir the pot at the eagles again.

Carlton could not afford Kerr anyway...you seem to pay your cheese players too much

And Juddy is going well for now but wait til rd 9 or 10 and you will start feeling the pain when his groin plays up again

Funny...Juddy was always gonna go home at some stage, who could say no to the money he got. Kerry, however, is from Perth and has no intention of going anywhere...just typical Melbourne media trying to stir the pot at the eagles again.

Carlton could not afford Kerr anyway...you seem to pay your cheese players too much

And Juddy is going well for now but wait til rd 9 or 10 and you will start feeling the pain when his groin plays up again

Classy :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Kerr - can we afford him/do we want him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back