Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember that time Houston kicked 4 goals in a prelim?
Remember that time when Houston won 3 premiership medals?
There is some crazy stuff in this thread, but this is about the best.

As a forward, Rioli played a role, but was far from a star. By 2021, his sixth year, he was fringe. He had been dropped a couple of times and really hadn't shown much improvement since being drafted. Remember this thread?

I dont think Gold Coast are as in love with getting Rioli as people wanna make out either. They are not hinging the future on the guy and going all in exactly. They dont need to with the plethora of academy kids on the way either. Its just a nice to have scenario.

If it isnt Rioli they easily move on and get a option in the future. Its not as if Gold Coast can target 20 players at once til one joins. They will pick the targets selectively and get one in when the time and price is right. Next year they probably look towards a team willing to blow it up and find a ideal target.

That's more than we're likely to get for Barrass. If 12 + 27 is considered fair for Barrass, GC should be able to get Rioli for 13 + 37 or 20 + 26 (won't happen of course).
Swings about and round abouts if we were dealing with GCS for barrass id think 5 would be gettable. 13 and 20 is a good haul for Rioli and id be very surprised if rich turn it down

I dont think Gold Coast are as in love with getting Rioli as people wanna make out either. They are not hinging the future on the guy and going all in exactly. They dont need to with the plethora of academy kids on the way either. Its just a nice to have scenario.

If it isnt Rioli they easily move on and get a option in the future. Its not as if Gold Coast can target 20 players at once til one joins. They will pick the targets selectively and get one in when the time and price is right. Next year they probably look towards a team willing to blow it up and find a ideal target.
Based on what?

I can tell you factually from an assistant coaches mouth that they are

Based on what?

I can tell you factually from an assistant coaches mouth that they are
Im more or less saying its not publically out there. I just dont think the noise has been as clear as Barrass to Hawks for example. Im not sure ive read or heard of a monster pay increase on Riolis desk and the like.

It will become more clear come trade day but I do suspect they would walk away if the price wasnt good

Im more or less saying its not publically out there. I just dont think the noise has been as clear as Barrass to Hawks for example. Im not sure ive read or heard of a monster pay increase on Riolis desk and the like.

It will become more clear come trade day but I do suspect they would walk away if the price wasnt good
You do make a good point, it hasnt has near the amount of air time like the others but GC are expecting him near year

With the way the Suns disrespect opposition half-backs, I expect Rioli to have 30+ touches, maybe kick a goal and look like the best player on the ground today (most likely in a Richmond win), making the calls to use our first round pick louder from those down South.

I don’t agree with it but I absolutely think Cameron will use our pick to get him in, with either some minor points coming back or some sort of wage agreement to save face. His priorities will be: have points to afford Lombard, get Rioli/a HBF in, move everything else to next year, and he’s not exactly known for his shrewd moves to get all this done in an efficient manner.
Craig Cameron after sending Bowes and pick 7 to Geelong for some magic beans

IMG_3645.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s two firsts or he’s not going. Pretty simple. He’s contracted and he won’t kick up a stink if made to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s two firsts or he’s not going. Pretty simple. He’s contracted and he won’t kick up a stink if made to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7 alone is daylight robbery, Tigers would take it a run. More likely 13

Hes a half back. Not worth that.
He’s an elite 3 time premiership player in his prime who has 3 years to run on a contract. Dimma wants him, he wants to get up there, it’s imperative on the suns to come up with a deal that Richmond is happy with. I can assure you Richmond will not be playing nice this trade period.

Would prefer to look elsewhere and not pay the massive mark up on his price of a pick 5-8. Will be interesting to see how he gets on today.
What did you think of his game? 🤔

You're under valuing the Hardwick factor. He loves him, and vice versa.

We are talking Rioli. Is he actually a good defender?
In a good team he was fine and can hold his own in a contest. He's playing a pretty free wheeling role at the moment with less cover than he had previously.

He played a number of years as a defensive pressure forward under Dimma so does have good defensive game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back