Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance Rioli is going up to Gold Coast to play VFL though :cool: :drunk:
neil degrasse tyson we got a badass over here GIF

Given the whispers in previous months of GC 'willing to pay two firsts', you would assume this trade will have to wait until Lukosius/any other surprise deals are done. Can't see GC parting with Pick 6 AND another first for him.

Given the whispers in previous months of GC 'willing to pay two firsts', you would assume this trade will have to wait until Lukosius/any other surprise deals are done. Can't see GC parting with Pick 6 AND another first for him.
Surely it will be just pick 6. Maybe something back the other way either pick or salary wise. I wouldn't be surprised to see this deal done on day 1 given how telegraphed the move has been.

Devastated to be losing him – favourite player to watch and one on the only bright spots in a very bleak period for the club

My 14yo got a photo with him and his autograph at the G last weekend

I guess we can only hope that the suns have already agreed to give up silly overs for him but losing a Rioli is a hell of a kick in the guts

Keep your powder dry, just because Twomey mentioned pick 6 doesn’t mean that’s the deal, on gettable last week he admitted pick 6 was overs
Of course it’s overs, that’s the point. If you go to auction for a house yoi don’t pay what you feel is fair and reasonable, sometimes you need to stretch and pay overs. This is that time.

Logic is that GC give up pick 6 and Richmond chuck a pick Gold Coasts way to help in a John Noble deal yeah?

It will be a mess of a trade where Richmond also give Gold Coast a pick between 30-40 to add to a deal for John Noble

They are now starting to realise we are going to pillage the f**k out of this draft and supercharge our rebuild.

I would be very happy for pick 6. Hardwick obviously wants him, they both have a very strong bond. I reckon the deal gets done.

Pick 1 & 6 in this year's draft is huge.
Means we will get at least 2 of the following:

FOS
Lalor
Smith
Draper
Smillie
Langford

I think this is the real reason for a bit of angst and jealousy on this board.

I have also read we aren't just interested in quality picks but also quantity, so I can see the club not only getting a couple more top picks this year but also try move into next year's draft.

We have a great opportunity to do this right, its pretty exciting in what has been a very ordinary year.

Of course it’s overs, that’s the point. If you go to auction for a house yoi don’t pay what you feel is fair and reasonable, sometimes you need to stretch and pay overs. This is that time.
In what logic is a trade like an auction? This is a negotiation between 2 clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lombard could easily be bid on before 6, with the draft being so even in that area

I hope west coast bids on him at 3 tbh
It’s possible but as an under Sized mid, I doubt it, plus it’s not like Leo is the missing piece we have Rosas and Rodgers already in the role he would likely play. The thinking on The Suns. Board is we will move pick 6 into next year, sell it like we did with pick 4 last year

It’s possible but as an under Sized mid, I doubt it, plus it’s not like Leo is the missing piece we have Rosas and Rodgers already in the role he would likely play. The thinking on The Suns. Board is we will move pick 6 into next year, sell it like we did with pick 4 last year
If you move pick 6 on for a heap of later picks to make up points, then you almost have no choice but to bid on Lombard wherever he goes haha.

Agree with you though, youve got a couple others of his type

I would be very happy for pick 6. Hardwick obviously wants him, they both have a very strong bond. I reckon the deal gets done.

Pick 1 & 6 in this year's draft is huge.
Means we will get at least 2 of the following:

FOS
Lalor
Smith
Draper
Smillie
Langford

I think this is the real reason for a bit of angst and jealousy on this board.

I have also read we aren't just interested in quality picks but also quantity, so I can see the club not only getting a couple more top picks this year but also try move into next year's draft.

We have a great opportunity to do this right, its pretty exciting in what has been a very ordinary year.
We're hoping for a Butters and Rozee scenario where we can set the basis of our midfield for the next 10 years in one draft, it's possible with this draft pretty strong apparantly.

If you move pick 6 on for a heap of later picks to make up points, then you almost have no choice but to bid on Lombard wherever he goes haha.

Agree with you though, youve got a couple others of his type

Gold Coast still have picks 13,20 & 26 that's almost 3,000 points. Even if they give up one of those 2nd rounders for Noble, GC could still give us pick 6 for Rioli we easily give them back a late 3rd rounder (probably west coast's) to make it happen.

Gold coast will still get Lombard, Rioli & Noble.

Gold Coast still have picks 13,20 & 26 that's almost 3,000 points. Even if they give up one of those 2nd rounders for Noble, GC could still give us pick 6 for Rioli we easily give them back a late 3rd rounder (probably west coast's) to make it happen.

Gold coast will still get Lombard, Rioli & Noble.
I wasnt suggesting they couldnt make it happen, more that theyd have to match a bid at pick 1 if thats where Lombard was bid, because the alternative is no first round picks

I wasnt suggesting they couldnt make it happen, more that theyd have to match a bid at pick 1 if thats where Lombard was bid, because the alternative is no first round picks

With the amount of talented mids in the first half a dozen, I highly doubt Lombard pick lands within the top 5. Ashcroft yes, Lombard no.

Correct. More like knocking on a door and asking someone to buy the house they're quite comfortable in 😏
Still a pretty poor analogy. Dan Rioli is requesting the trade so it nothing like buying a house. This all going to come down to who is the better negotiator. While Suns take the cake with Bowes and 7 for a F3. Tigers did TT & Hopper for 3 firsts.

The number of Eagles and cats fans having an immediate interest in something that shouldn't concern them too much is casually pretty funny.

Even when we are bottom of the ladder their is a heightened sense of concern and opinion.

lol
It concerns every other club in the comp when GC use their enormous haul of freebie academy kids to justify handing out huge overs to other clubs.
Doesnt matter which club they were dealing with, its still makes a mockery of it all

Still a pretty poor analogy. Dan Rioli is requesting the trade so it nothing like buying a house. This all going to come down to who is the better negotiator. While Suns take the cake with Bowes and 7 for a F3. Tigers did TT & Hopper for 3 firsts.
Tiges did whatever they could to appease some bloke no longer there. 😁

With the amount of talented mids in the first half a dozen, I highly doubt Lombard pick lands within the top 5. Ashcroft yes, Lombard no.
Its not about wanting Lombard, its about making GC pay.

Clubs are too nice about bidding on kids in general, Daicos making it to pick 4 a couple years ago was a joke.
West coast should have bid on Walter with pick 1 last year.

Richmond should go straight in and bid Ashcroft, Lombard, then go for their kid. No reason to be nice when theyre already getting big bonuses that most other clubs dont get

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back