Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah no, this is wrong.

Saad's disposal efficiency has been better than Rioli's this year in all but one season for his entire career, despite averaging comparable metres gained.

The one season it was lower (2021) it was lower than 1% and he averaged more metres gained than Rioli this year.

Maybe GCS should offer pick 6 for SAAD and then Carlton can get Houston with Pick 6 Win Win

Maybe GCS should offer pick 6 for SAAD and then Carlton can get Houston with Pick 6 Win Win
Finally, we're getting somewhere. All journos reading this thread trying to find the latest scoop, please direct your attention to this post.

You're being disingenuous about Shultz.

Firstly, he was in contract.

Secondly, he wasn't traded for pick 11.
At the time he was traded for Collingwoods first which luckily for the Dockers ended up at 11.

Collingwood have admitted paying overs as he was contracted.

You have a dog in the fight, I understand that.

But if you take out the Richmond and GC supporters out of the equation, the general consensus seem to think pick 6 is overs.
Yes, it’s overs, BECAUSE he’s contracted

I’ve already addressed this. (But we shouldn’t compare, eh? If you never compare, there won’t be an overs 😉)

If I contracted, probably 15-20 would do it. But he has 3 years to run and was repeatedly tapped by GC to have his head turned. Richmond didn’t want him to go , GC want him, therefore the price goes up.

Someone knocks on my door to buy my house that I wasn’t interested in selling. If I do get convinced to sell, am I selling at market value, or at a premium?

Imma use that house analogy from the post above.

It’s the best way to explain to muppets why there is a premium.

No (sane) person values Rioli at pick 6 if he was OOC or Richmond were pushing him out. 100% agree.

But if Richmond didn’t want to leave, if someone wants “the house” that wasn’t listed, they gots to pay.

Surely we’ve moved past the ‘Richmond aren’t interested in selling’ narrative.

It’s pretty clearly false. The club and the fans are not one single entity.

If they weren’t interested in selling, they wouldn’t be selling.

Richmond aren’t kicking him out, but they see the opportunity he presents.

No (sane) person values Rioli at pick 6 if he was OOC or Richmond were pushing him out. 100% agree.

But if Richmond didn’t want to leave, if someone wants “the house” that wasn’t listed, they gots to pay.
And yet, when it's pointed out that Baker is uncontracted, you get crickets form your supporters.

Seems you only want to call out the "he's contracted" when it suits you.

BTW, I only mentioned Shultz being contracted be you said he wasn't.

Last edited:
Surely we’ve moved past the ‘Richmond aren’t interested in selling’ narrative.

It’s pretty clearly false. The club and the fans are not one single entity.

If they weren’t interested in selling, they wouldn’t be selling.

Richmond aren’t kicking him out, but they see the opportunity he presents.

The club dosen't have much choice when a player wants to leave. What does make this trade more emotional is that there is NO go home factor it is simply chasing his old coach. The Tigers have every right to hold their ground and not accept just pick 6 whether the Suns like it or not.

Yes, it’s overs, BECAUSE he’s contracted

I’ve already addressed this. (But we shouldn’t compare, eh? If you never compare, there won’t be an overs 😉)

If I contracted, probably 15-20 would do it. But he has 3 years to run and was repeatedly tapped by GC to have his head turned. Richmond didn’t want him to go , GC want him, therefore the price goes up.

Someone knocks on my door to buy my house that I wasn’t interested in selling. If I do get convinced to sell, am I selling at market value, or at a premium?
Picks 15-20 for uncontracted to pick 6 and a sweetener for contracted is too much of a gap IMO.

The club dosen't have much choice when a player wants to leave. What does make this trade more emotional is that there is NO go home factor it is simply chasing his old coach. The Tigers have every right to hold their ground and not accept just pick 6 whether the Suns like it or not.
Then don’t accept 6 and move on :)

You can keep Rioli and Bolton and go to the super draft with 1 & 20.

Of course you do.

But don't tell me he's worth pick 6 and 23, because he's not.

Then don’t accept 6 and move on :)

You can keep Rioli and Bolton and go to the super draft with 1 & 20.
Well that is exactly what has happened we have said NO to just pick 6.
So maybe the Suns should just move on because the Tigers aren't going to call you.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More house analogies, what if the house is getting older, currently livable but in 2 years time will depreciate significantly due to the rusting out roof and stair step cracks. Would you sell now so you could at least get enough money to buy a replacement house?

He´ll be 28 come R5 next year, a depreciating asset.

The club always has a choice. And of course they have every right to hold their ground.

Had the Tigers been near the top of the ladder, they likely wouldn’t deal.

Ultimately I’m sure a deal will be done because both clubs want a deal to be done.

We averaged more than you this year at home, 44k to 43k, and averaged 12k more away.

Please.

If you're going to troll, put SOME effort in to making it believable.
I’m not supporting the op but In fairness the Tigers figures are padded by having 9 other teams in the state. This is an advantage the Eagles and basically any club out of Victoria don’t have. It’s also true for the away crowds, it’s a bit different taking the train from Waverley to the MGC than Perth to the Eastern seaboard.

Well that is exactly what has happened we have said NO to just pick 6.
So maybe the Suns should just move on because the Tigers aren't going to call you.:cool:
Reportedly Richmond asked not only pick 6 but also 13 lol. You guys fleece GCS and GCS is set to fleece Port Power, just like the Rankine trade when Geelong fleeced GCS.

My head hurts.

This is what happens when you allow clubs to ransack you for peanuts for years.

Can't help but feel that Richmond have wildly overstepped the mark with this, but I'm also not surprised given GC's recent terrible trading history.

If GC bow to this offer or anything more than pick 6 (ridiculous overs as is) in a super draft, there needs to be an inquiry into their list manager and their Football department.

My head hurts.

That's old news everyone knew the Tigers wanted 6&13 weeks ago. Tom Morris is so far behind he must be based in Western Australia.

Bolton is being significantly undervalued by media and opposition fans in my opinion. On the other side of the equation Daniel Rioli is being massively over valued. If we truly walk away from pick 6 alone then Blair Hartley should be sacked even after his flag list build. If he gets any more I'll hail him a god because pick 6 by itself is a great deal.

You see opposition supporters as "keyboard recruiters" and "minnows". I see them as posters on a football forum with just as much of a right to express their opinion here as you do.

If you can't handle the difference of opinion, perhaps it is you who shouldn't be here. Food for thought.
Nothing I wrote was untrue.
Keyboard recruiters, well they are aren’t they? They’re aren’t actual recruiters. So I was accurate with that description.
Minnows. Yes, once again they aren’t big shot actual recruiters. So minnows is quite apt.

Yes they can express their opinions. Opinions aren’t facts are they?
Just as they have a right to express their opinion, so do I.
Food for thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back