Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't. In fact Richmond need to pay someone to meet the minimum, but it gets spun the other way.
Richmond has no issue meeting the min 90% required to pay in 2025
Lynch is due $1.5 mil
Hopper & Taranto can be front loaded as well as every other player thats on the list
that then clears out many other options for next years trade period where we could take a pick #7 salary dump situation
and with talk about cap trading coming in then there are clubs like carlton , fremantle , Sydney , Brisbane that will be look into buying cap space.

Richmond will only pay salaries for Rioli & Bolton if there is a clear benefit in trade capital
meeting cap min in 2025 is absolutely no problem for any team in 2025

Gold Coast could trade 6 + 29 to Freo for 10 + 18, offer Richmond pick 10 and it would still be a great deal for the Tigers. Freo could then give pick 6 to Richmond for Bolton, also being a great deal for Richmond. Meanwhile, The Suns and Freo still have a spare pick each that they can use or trade.

It's not all about Richmond. Clubs need to look after their own interests as well.
They could but they have already tabled #6 to Richmond for Rioli and its been knocked back
How do you think pick #10 would go

No, no, you don't get it.

Relationship is clearly fractured and Richmond are desperately pushing Rioli out the door for much needed draft capital. No way they hold him to contract, as they don't want a disgruntled player around the club.

At least, that's what your mob's been saying ad nauseum in the Barrass thread...

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Gold Coast could trade 6 + 29 to Freo for 10 + 18, offer Richmond pick 10 and it would still be a great deal for the Tigers. Freo could then give pick 6 to Richmond for Bolton, also being a great deal for Richmond. Meanwhile, The Suns and Freo still have a spare pick each that they can use or trade.

It's not all about Richmond. Clubs need to look after their own interests as well.
Barrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

compete david oliver GIF by AsmodeeGames

You're right.

You'll struggle to get 25K at the MCG while you're down the bottom :thumbsu:

Meanwhile, WCE are getting 35-40k, despite having the 2 worst seasons of any club in recent memory.
We averaged more than you this year at home, 44k to 43k, and averaged 12k more away.

Please.

If you're going to troll, put SOME effort in to making it believable.

No it's not.

Rioli's a good player. He's probably worth pick 10-15. Add on Richmond paying a bunch of his salary and pick 6 is only slight overs.

Given Gold Coast's inability to attract good mature players it makes sense for them to do it.
Who said Richmond are paying any of his salary?

AFAIK, they want 6 plus change which is a urine take.

Pick 6 isnt slight overs though, its 2-3x his value
Saad went (OUT OF CONTRACT) for pick 8.

Saad is not 2-3 times the player Rioli is.

Rioli has a long contract the GC have to pay to break.

Carn, take the goggles off.

Who said Richmond are paying any of his salary?

AFAIK, they want 6 plus change which is a urine take.

Would Richmond be chasing hard for a <180cm midfielder if they already had 2-3 in their team?

'best available' is a lovely idea, but a quality team needs a variety of types/talents as well. Putting all your eggs in one basket is poor strategy.
Who cares if he’s under 180. His old man is one of the baddest men on the planet. Leo has his old man’s animal instincts and plays well above his height and weight. He’s a Jack Viney type operator.

I'm suggesting you have to pay 95% of the cap and have lost Martin (1.3mil?) Bolton (1mil+?) Rioli ($700-800k?) plus Graham and Baker as senior players. (Tell me if those are wrong). And the cap has increased. And Lynch's huge contract finishes next year.

This is why you are trying to kindly offer to pay for Bolton and Rioli in return for more picks. It's that or you frontload the few big contracts you have left and/or make some kids coming off rookie contracts very rich.

My point is Richmond paying salary's is also in their interest.
I agree with the highlighted part for sure, but its not a NEED as you put it.

Funny how everything goes quite when Saad trade is mentioned as a comparison

Yes Saad UNCONTRACTED pick #8
Rioli CONTRACTED pick #7

Looks about right

Gold Coast should just stuffing around and give Richmond what we want and get it done
#6 + #23 done deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care about previous trades.
You can always find one to fit your agenda.

I was replying to a poster who said Richmond were paying a chunk of his salary which I don't think they are.

I've said pick 6 is a great deal for Richmond.
Anything over that is madness from GC.

Funny how all these “keyboard recruiters” value players. And then pontificate what Richmond should accept from GCS.:grimacing:
All bosses in their own minds. But they’re actually minnows.
Richmond and GC will work a deal there both reasonably happy with.
If a deal can’t be reached. He’s stays and plays at Richmond. He knows this, GC knows this and Richmond know this.
GC know they have to pay a premium for Rioli. He still has years on his contract. Dimma wants it to happen.

So GC have already tabled pick 6. Just need a bit of a sweetener

Because it's a ridiculous comparison that nobody can be bothered responding to with a serious counter point.

You tell us to look at that trade yet in the same breath tell us the trade was a mistake. Which one is it?

Previous clearly out of whack, dumb decisions arent useful examples.
Why not bring up Weller going for pick 2?

Take your goggles off mate
Dumb decisions are only dumb after the fact and are not extinct
They will continue to happen and will be called dumb in hindsight or be called brilliant if they pay off

Saad has since served 4 years service and made AA team and will likely play another 3 years and end up playing 150 games for Carlton.

#8 was used for Nick Cox that year

Im thinking Carlton are happy with their 'Dumb Decision'

Because it's a ridiculous comparison that nobody can be bothered responding to with a serious counter point.

You tell us to look at that trade yet in the same breath tell us the trade was a mistake. Which one is it?
I dont think it was a mistake , I actually think Carlton paid for what they needed

Funny how all these “keyboard recruiters” value players. And then pontificate what Richmond should accept from GCS.:grimacing:
If a deal can’t be reached. He’s stays and plays at Richmond. He knows this, GC knows this and Richmond know this.
GC know they have to pay a premium for Rioli. He still has years on his contract. Dimma wants it to happen.

You see opposition supporters as "keyboard recruiters" and "minnows". I see them as posters on a football forum with just as much of a right to express their opinion here as you do.

If you can't handle the difference of opinion, perhaps it is you who shouldn't be here. Food for thought.

Previous clearly out of whack, dumb decisions arent useful examples.
Why not bring up Weller going for pick 2?

Take your goggles off mate
Lachie Schulz (OOC) 11 & 34
Taranto (OOC) 12&19
Cerra (OOC) 6 & R3

Rioli - 3 years contract left - 6 and something

It's not that hard to work out.

If he was OOC he'd probably get a mid/late teens pick.

BUT, he's in contract

I don't care about previous trades.
You can always find one to fit your agenda.

I was replying to a poster who said Richmond were paying a chunk of his salary which I don't think they are.

I've said pick 6 is a great deal for Richmond.
Anything over that is madness from GC.
Just put up another 3 recents.

It's not hard to work through if you think it through.

Nah if you want more than 6 you can keep him, same as if you want more than 10 & 18 for Bolton.

You can be the ones to turn down 3 first round draft picks in a strong draft right before Tassie and instead of having 1,6,10,14,18 & 20 you can go in with 1 & 20 instead. That goes from a full quick rebuild for you to instead more years down the bottom.

You need 6 more than we need Rioli.

Are all drafts the same?
You never know what they are until a few years later
We have been told so many times that this is a super draft and turns out trash and some drafts are good at the pointy end and crap the rest . truth is nobody know until atleast 4-5 years later but when you trade in a player like Rioli you pretty much know you are getting 100 games from a known quality

Yes Saad UNCONTRACTED pick #8
Rioli CONTRACTED pick #7

Looks about right

Gold Coast should just stuffing around and give Richmond what we want and get it done
#6 + #23 done deal
Or Richmond could accept 6 if still available, as that seems more than fair.

Still almost a week to go though, so I understand Richmond holding out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back