Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Compared to the ludicrous ask of 6+13 that many fans are asking for, it's definitely accepting less than what a lot are accepting.
Ambit opening claim. No one ever gets that so everyone who agrees to a deal would be bending over.

People on BF are dumb campaigners in fairness. 😆

Ambit opening claim. No one ever gets that so everyone who agrees to a deal would be bending over.

People on BF are dumb campaigners in fairness. 😆
Mate I'm just here for the drama, not much else to do taking the day off from work when you're sick.

Funny how all these “keyboard recruiters” value players. And then pontificate what Richmond should accept from GCS.:grimacing:
All bosses in their own minds. But they’re actually minnows.
Richmond and GC will work a deal there both reasonably happy with.
If a deal can’t be reached. He’s stays and plays at Richmond. He knows this, GC knows this and Richmond know this.
GC know they have to pay a premium for Rioli. He still has years on his contract. Dimma wants it to happen.

So GC have already tabled pick 6. Just need a bit of a sweetener
The irony

Mate I'm just here for the drama, not much else to do taking the day off from work when you're sick.
Very fair.

Think if it came down to it we will take 6. Just trying our luck for more and we will probably get something extra (not 13 obviously)

It's pretty clear the Tigers are prepared to move Rioli on. I'm not sure why it's proving so difficult for some Richmond fans to acknowledge.
At the right price, which is massive overs. The motivation is the overs.

You don't seem able to acknowledge that it was never Richmonds intention to move Rioli on. We never, ever put him in the shop window.

Richmond are pissed at Rioli wanting to leave and the manner in which it happened. They have every right to stand their ground. And if we don't get more than 6, come back and play Daniel.

O'Keefe at Sydney didn't get to the Blues, played in a flag at Swans a few years later. Papley won't leave Swans now, he was desperate to get to Blues. Players get over it. So Suns stump up, or bugger off.

Lets flip the script, what if Geelong whispered sweet nothings into Sam Walsh's ear for an entire season and he wanted out?

Would you be then saying "it's pretty clear the Blues are prepared to move Walsh on?"

Or would you be demanding your club either hold Walsh to his contract or extract big overs for a wantaway player?

Pretty sure I know how you'd frame one from your own club.

Compared to the ludicrous ask of 6+13 that many fans are asking for, it's definitely accepting less than what a lot are accepting.
You have really invested alot of time emotion and dedication to all things Richmond
You realize if things dont go as you hope this could cause some serious issue's for your mental health going foward

Just relax man its only a game

You don't seem able to acknowledge that it was never Richmonds intention to move Rioli on. We never, ever put him in the shop window.

Richmond are pissed at Rioli wanting to leave and the manner in which it happened. They have every right to stand their ground. And if we don't get more than 6, come back and play Daniel.

O'Keefe at Sydney didn't get to the Blues, played in a flag at Swans a few years later. Papley won't leave Swans now, he was desperate to get to Blues. Players get over it. So Suns stump up, or bugger off.

Lets flip the script, what if Geelong whispered sweet nothings into Sam Walsh's ear for an entire season and he wanted out?

Would you be then saying "it's pretty clear the Blues are prepared to move Walsh on?"

Or would you be demanding your club either hold Walsh to his contract or extract big overs for a wantaway player?

Take 6 or move on and keep him, that’s Richmond’s choice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take 6 or move on and keep him, that’s Richmond’s choice
Richmond aren't the ones that have whispered in his ear, we never wanted to lose him. Pay up or pack up.

I haven't disputed you'll get a great deal. In fact I've said repeatedly it will be a great result for Richmond.

And yet for some reason this gets repeated ad nauseum by some Richmond fans as though it's a necessary or worthwhile addition to the discussion. Yes we know the situation.

Is it a coping mechanism? It's really weird.

I don't know what this means. Nobody intends to lose good players. Sometimes circumstances demand it. And sometimes it's in the best long-term interests of the club to do it.

Yes they have every right to stand their ground. I've not disputed that.

But it's silly to not acknowledge that Richmond are prepared to lose Rioli. Those in charge of your club are not idiots; they see the massive opportunity this represents.

They are obviously not going to be seen to be happy that these players are leaving. They have to appear pissed off. And I'm glad some supporters believe it.

Yep and none of those clubs were in the position Richmond find themselves in now.

OK, let's play the hypothetical. But you'll need to give me a few extra details.

Are Carlton where they're at now? Or are Carlton where Richmond are at?

It's insane but you can't fault Richmond wanting more. It's really all on Gold Coast to say no. Would you want your club not getting the max just because?

Like, all it really takes is GC saying 6, take it or leave it if they have any kind of spine. List managers should get fired for not taking 6 for a 28 year old HBF at the start of a rebuild. Richmond can ask for whatever they want though, its up to GC not to be a dumbarse.

It's insane but you can't fault Richmond wanting more. It's really all on Gold Coast to say no. Would you want your club not getting the max just because?

Like, all it really takes is GC saying 6, take it or leave it if they have any kind of spine. List managers should get fired for not taking 6 for a 28 year old HBF at the start of a rebuild. Richmond can ask for whatever they want though, its up to GC not to be a dumbarse.
This 👆

Then keep him then and not have 6 in the super draft :) no worries
You think the that the suns will lose Rioli over refusing to hand over pick 23, a pick that’ll be eaten up by a Lombard bid? Lose a player dimma has specifically targeted, had a great relationship with and has most importantly committed to? A year after they failed to make finals yet again, after moving on dew and declaring finals as a pass mark? Suns don’t care about winning trades or optics they traded pick 2 for Weller and bowed and pick 7 ffs

You think the that the suns will lose Rioli over refusing to hand over pick 23, a pick that’ll be eaten up by a Lombard bid? Lose a player dimma has specifically targeted, had a great relationship with and has most importantly committed to? A year after they failed to make finals yet again, after moving on dew and declaring finals as a pass mark? Suns don’t care about winning trades or optics they traded pick 2 for Weller and bowed and pick 7 ffs
I hope Cameron has learnt from those trades. He did well last year for the first time. Losing out on Rioli or Noble won’t be the difference between finals or not for us so yep if you don’t want just 6 you can keep him.

You lose more from not rebuilding in the super draft than we lose by not having Rioli for next year.

23 would likely get us another future first for next year also, it wouldn’t be eaten up by Lombard

But it's silly to not acknowledge that Richmond are prepared to lose Rioli.
Of course we acknowledge this.
At. The. Right. Price.

Sheesh.

I hope Cameron has learnt from those trades. He did well last year for the first time. Losing out on Rioli or Noble won’t be the difference between finals or not for us so yep if you don’t want just 6 you can keep him.

You lose more from not rebuilding in the super draft than we lose by not having Rioli for next year.

23 would likely get us another future first for next year also, it wouldn’t be eaten up by Lombard
Goldcoast could also receive an offer to good to refuse for pick 6 from another club if negotiations are protracted for to long

It's pretty clear the Tigers are prepared to move Rioli on. I'm not sure why it's proving so difficult for some Richmond fans to acknowledge.

It's as if they're in denial or if they wish hard enough the circumstances will suddenly change.

He's gone. And the universe has aligned such that it'll be an amazing result for the Tigers.

Good on him for winning the Best & Fairest, but it's not particularly relevant to the discussion. It was also for the bottom placed side in a year when no Tiger played every senior game and he played the equal most.
yeah yeah yeah

contracted BnF

offer us everything you have got, and we will thinking about getting up out of bed and answering the door

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back