Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Im thinking Richmond will get #6 + #23 for Rioli + #51 now that GC have enough points for the Lombard bid and will be between the 2 clubs and should get done.

Im thinking Blair will be pretty determined on #10 + #11 for Shai Bolton

But your suggestion of pick #30 , #10 , #18 could be the end result for the bolton deal independently just before trade closes on wednesday.

But things are getting closerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Even Ralph has said you're giving a pick back in the 30s for 23, come on now. The trade is an egregrious overpay by Gold Coast so Freo pay slight overs and Richmond get compensated for losing contracted best players.

Even Ralph has said you're giving a pick back in the 30s for 23, come on now. The trade is an egregrious overpay by Gold Coast so Freo pay slight overs and Richmond get compensated for losing contracted best players.
Suns may try to get a F2 for 30, more points for next year. Bound to be someone that wants another pick in the Superdraft.

Picks in the 30's are not that important mate we gave away a dozen to move upto #20
If push came to shove Richmond could easily just give #51 for this year and a F3. I dont think that pick will be worth sacrificing our demand for #10 + #11 in the bolton trade there is like 130 points difference between 51 , 61 v 30

But maybe the #23 could be the pick that unlocks the Bolton trade in another way
Bolton + #23 for #10 , #11 , #30

Picks in the 30's are not that important mate we gave away a dozen to move upto #20
If push came to shove Richmond could easily just give #51 for this year and a F3. I dont think that pick will be worth sacrificing our demand for #10 + #11 in the bolton trade there is like 130 points difference between 51 , 61 v 30

But maybe the #23 could be the pick that unlocks the Bolton trade in another way
Bolton + #23 for #10 , #11 , #30
Yeah, I dont think Freo are budging on 11 and my trade is fair enough all media reports and general sanity considered. Awful big coincidence Richmond need a pick in the 30s to complete the trade and Freo have one...

Yep and do this year player v player and Rioli still comes out on top
Carlton would be lucky to get anything more than a mid second round pick for Saad if he left now. I just don't think there's any valid comparison that you can make there. The only season worth comparing Saad to Rioli's 2024 is 2020 and even then, the relative value of draft picks is much higher this year than it was in 2020, and that season was a massive outlier as far as player stats go for obvious reasons.

Yeah, I dont think Freo are budging on 11 and my trade is fair enough all media reports and general sanity considered. Awful big coincidence Richmond need a pick in the 30s to complete the trade and Freo have one...
I wouldnt be going on media reports
They have been wrong on both Rioli , Barrass and Houston trades and going by what Blair is saying he sounds extremely determined but we shall see what happens maybe Baker agrees and its as simple as 10,11,18

After the Pickett , Martin , Owies , Warner things didnt happen and freo publicly saying they will be aggresive or trading this trade period just feel Freo wont let Shai Bolton slip out of their hands as he is exactly the player freo are crying out for with where your list is at. How much would Carlton love a Papley now

Carlton would be lucky to get anything more than a mid second round pick for Saad if he left now. I just don't think there's any valid comparison that you can make there. The only season worth comparing Saad to Rioli's 2024 is 2020 and even then, the relative value of draft picks is much higher this year than it was in 2020, and that season was a massive outlier as far as player stats go for obvious reasons.
Yep, and Saad was OOC, and Daniel has 3 yrs to go

Yeah, I dont think Freo are budging on 11
I honestly don't know either way on this.

A week is a long time in football and 2 days is a long time in trade week.

Richmond
Out: Rioli, Bolton, 51
In: 6, 10, 18, 23

Freo
Out: 10, 18, 30
In: Bolton, 51

Suns
Out: 6, 23
In, Rioli, 30
That’s around where I’m thinking (assuming Suns need a 30s pick to seal the deal), but from a Richmond perspective it would be 11 out from Freo instead of 18, in which case 23 would go to Freo. Either way one club would have 11 and the other 18 and 23. Could live with either.

Interestingly 18 and 23 combined are worth nearly 500 more points than 11, not that either club are interested in points.

That’s around where I’m thinking (assuming Suns need a 30s pick to seal the deal), but from a Richmond perspective it would be 11 out from Freo instead of 18, in which case 23 would go to Freo. Either way one club would have 11 and the other 18 and 23. Could live with either.

Interestingly 18 and 23 combined are worth nearly 500 more points than 11, not that either club are interested in points.
Look, maybe Freo do budge on 11 (even though I strongly dont think they do) but there is not way that budging involves 30 into 23 as out compromise to do so. 30 would not be going out

Look, maybe Freo do budge on 11 (even though I strongly dont think they do) but there is not way that budging involves 30 into 23 as out compromise to do so. 30 would not be going out
I was suggesting Freo is upgrading 30 to 23 if they do 10+11. Not sure why they wouldn’t want to do that? More a compromise on Richmond’s part

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was suggesting Freo is upgrading 30 to 23 if they do 10+11. Not sure why they wouldn’t want to do that? More a compromise on Richmond’s part
Because 11 is worth the world, not moving up from 30 to 23 as the compromise to giving it up.

Because 11 is worth the world, not moving up from 30 to 23 as the compromise to giving it up.
Yeah 11 is a good pick but end of the day after the draft its just another kid like 18 and not going to help freo for 3 maybe 4 years if he actually becomes what is anticipated and the averages of kids that make it picked 10-20 would be lucky to be 50% at best

But Shai bolton is a 40+ goal a year 20 poss player in a premiership team
remember the saying " Throw everything at getting him"

He is the missing piece at freo and only other player that can replace him is Pickett
If you had a wish for your team these 2 would be #1 & #2 and to miss just for a 7 spot difference in picks

I remember the days when freo supporters wouldnt want to give up more than a 3rd rounder for him
He is the missing link and elevated freo to genuine premiership contender and Freo no way lets this slip

Yeah 11 is a good pick but end of the day after the draft its just another kid like 18 and not going to help freo for 3 maybe 4 years if he actually becomes what is anticipated and the averages of kids that make it picked 10-20 would be lucky to be 50% at best

But Shai bolton is a 40+ goal a year 20 poss player in a premiership team
remember the saying " Throw everything at getting him"

He is the missing piece at freo and only other player that can replace him is Pickett
If you had a wish for your team these 2 would be #1 & #2 and to miss just for a 7 spot difference in picks

I remember the days when freo supporters wouldnt want to give up more than a 3rd rounder for him
He is the missing link and elevated freo to genuine premiership contender and Freo no way lets this slip
All of this "It's what Freo need" is irrelevant noise and can be equally thrown back the other way. Freo want to keep 11, the market has dictated 11 is worth the world this year. If they give it up, I am extremely confident 30 into 23 wont be the benefit for doing it.

All of this "It's what Freo need" is irrelevant noise and can be equally thrown back the other way. Freo want to keep 11, the market has dictated 11 is worth the world this year. If they give it up, I am extremely confident 30 into 23 wont be the benefit for doing it.
How can that be irrelevant when your team is throwing 2 x 1st round picks at Richmond to gain his services ?
How often does this happen.

The market has dictated that certain clubs are wanting picks to get deals done they dont have or moving up but end of the day its a risk same as pick 1-10 there is nothing surer.

Honestly wouldnt surprise me if Blair is actually asking for more than just 10 + 11 and thats what holding things up as freo seem extremely eager to throw 11 at baker when most around these boards and media rating him later than 17/18
But hey if its only 10 + 18 it is what it is and if its 10+11 the same applies we are just punters wanting best for our teams and have zero influence apart from giving our Bias opinions

What's wrong with Clark? Dude's been a gun for us.

Would take Clark in a heartbeat over Rioli, he's much younger too. Got all the talent in the world.
He's not as good as Rioli. And he's a dickhead.

Oh well then, if 10+18 doesn't get it done he can stay, I'm fine with waiting another year.
10 and 18 will get it done. You'll just have to throw in 11 as a sweetener.

He's not as good as Rioli. And he's a dickhead.

10 and 18 will get it done. You'll just have to throw in 11 as a sweetener.
What has he done to warrant being called a dickhead? And I don't know man, he's 4 years younger, when it's all said and done I think Clark is remembered as the better player.

Honestly wouldnt surprise me if Blair is actually asking for more than just 10 + 11 and thats what holding things up as freo seem extremely eager to throw 11 at baker when most around these boards and media rating him later than 17/18
Yeh if it’s true that Freo have tabled 10. 11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker then they would do 10 and 11 for Bolton.

What has he done to warrant being called a dickhead? And I don't know man, he's 4 years younger, when it's all said and done I think Clark is remembered as the better player.
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but just the way he carries on, backchatting umps etc.

He's a good player. Rioli's better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back