Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey funny story.

Freo fielded a younger team in the last round than Richmond did.
And what happened got done at home to miss finals.
Missing the point here if you think there not in the window well that's accepting mediocre. That's a finals list missing a few pieces.
Like I said heads will roll in 2025 if it repeated

And what happened got done at home to miss finals.
Missing the point here if you think there not in the window well that's accepting mediocre. That's a finals list missing a few pieces.
Like I said heads will roll in 2025 if it repeated
Agreed.

So going all in on one piece seems dumb to me.

So Bolton doesn't give them that edge and big game player they need ?
Less than 13 touches and a goal a game in finals doesn't scream "big game player."

Does it?

You're the one that bought them up.
I thought you were being obtuse for a laugh. What have tweets got to do with it? We're not on twitter here.

and you finish bottom with Bolton and Rioli playing :)
We were awful, Rioli won a B&F. We had a worse run with injuries that WC two years ago, we had 4 fit players (playing VFL) for weeks and rarely more than 6 or 7. 11 players over 193cm out for the season or not even on the park in the VFL, 5 ACL's.... We will struggle this year as well, hopefully not so many injuries, but sort of irrelevant.

Rioli and Bolton are our only real A graders (Vlastuin and Lynch when fit).

Last edited:
In all the Richmond fans hypothesis, if we don't take Shai Bolton we DEFINITELY miss finals. And Shai would have taken us over the top.

Such fabricated scenarios to suit your selling points. It's like a car salesman telling you the car you buy from him will definitely get you laid.
I said Prelim not finals.

I don't want to lose Bolton and no chance I would trade him for 10 and 11, our board would be in uproar.

In all the Richmond fans hypothesis, if we don't take Shai Bolton we DEFINITELY miss finals. And Shai would have taken us over the top.

Such fabricated scenarios to suit your selling points. It's like a car salesman telling you the car you buy from him will definitely get you laid.
Don’t be disingenuous and paint all Richmond supporters with the same brush.

My view is that if Freo shows a natural state of progression with their list and talent, and the coach does his job, with Shai there’s a good chance you are contending next year.

Quality game breakers are usually the difference between even teams at that level then.

Walls knows Bolton and Baker add even more to a talented list, hence why he was chasing both of them. Bolton on his own though would be a phenomenal result and I’d be backing your mob in for a high finish next year if all goes to plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is really petering out now (It should be referred to as X, formerly known as Twitter btw).

Hopefully today Freo put a revised offer of 10 and 11 on the table for Bolton and Richmond say they need a sweetener. That will really put some life back into the thread.

Messaging from Freo in these interviews is 11 is off the table and frankly, the crazy prices being paid for the pick swaps shows how valuable 11 is this year. Richmond are right to push for it, Freo are right to hold it. Let's see who folds
I thought Freo had already offered Richmond 10, 11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker, or is that all just media talk?

At this point I'm not worried, if we get Bolton great, if we don't we'll just take our draft picks to the draft. No big deal.
He will go, both sides will strike a deal because the stakes are not far apart in a strong draft, 11 or 18, and teams want to do well for their players. They are not going to string out a player and his family that want to come home for valid reasons. There is no bad blood from Richmond's side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Shai Bolton [UFA 2028] - Wants to join the Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back