Daniel Talia vs Jake Carlisle

Who would you take as your number one key position defender?

• Daniel Talia

Votes: 67 48.2%
  • Jake Carlisle

Votes: 72 51.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlisle started with a bang this year but his second half wasn't too great. Talia grew into the season and finished very well. Love the guy and love his commitment to the Crows when many of his type (Victorians) would fall prey to the creature comforts of home and leave after a few years.

Would be happy with both/either though.

Talia's the better defender and had a more consistent year.
Carlisle's first half was better, even if he fell off completely at the end. Certainly offers way more offensively too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle. Was brilliant in the first half of the year. However was poor for the last 2 months

Carlisle's performances in the first half of the year were very good, although a touch over-rated. Had a bad patch from Round 14-18. He was solid in the last 4 games. Don't believe what the media write. Watch games and make your own assessment.

And you will find that Hurley is a better pure defender than Carlisle.

I would play Carlisle forward and Hurley back.

It's a poor head-to-head IMO. Carlisle should be playing in the forward line, however I can't see Talia playing in any position other than full-back. On that basis, I can only go on who's more talented. Carlisle wins easily IMO, Talia is a good at what he does (although he pushes the limits with his tactics), however I can't see him potentially being a top-10 player in the game. Carlisle could be anything.

Different players.

I see Carlisle as a Harry Taylor type swing man that can play forward or back.

Talia is more of your natural full back that won't get a lot of possessions but will restrict the opponent from scoring.

Interesting that Talia very rarely goes forward, however when he does is able to find the goals.

Carlisle. Was brilliant in the first half of the year. However was poor for the last 2 months

He certainly dropped off however he was far from poor overall. Had a couple of bad games but was still pretty effective. Just not up to the standard he set in the first half.

As to the question, id take Carlisle. But Talia is a better pure key defender.

Talia is ultra consistent - he is almost never beaten. At worst he tends to break even.
Carlisle is undoubtedly as good player and you would be happy with either, but to take the oppositions best tall forward and shut them down? Talia.
Talia does have flexibility and on the Crows board many have discussed the potential for Talia to play forward should we develop another key defender. Right now we need him in defence, but he has the ability to play a Harry Taylor type role in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Talia vs Jake Carlisle

Back