Player Watch Darcy Fogarty - Re-Signed to End of 2031

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Presumably it's something less than he would have been on for a shorter contract, but not hundreds of thousands a year less.

As was mentioned earlier, hopefully we are structuring our contracts to get as much payment out of the way as possible in the earlier parts of these long contracts, to free ourselves up in the later years.

I recall there were some stats spruiked a while ago when there were some concerns with Fog's development that showed stat wise he was either level or even ahead of where Tom Hawkins was at the same age/games.
Anyone to be able to track this now? I would assume Hawkins' spike is much steeper but Fog has no doubt been getting increasingly more consistent so who knows, this could be astute business.

I recall there were some stats spruiked a while ago when there were some concerns with Fog's development that showed stat wise he was either level or even ahead of where Tom Hawkins was at the same age/games.
Anyone to be able to track this now? I would assume Hawkins' spike is much steeper but Fog has no doubt been getting increasingly more consistent so who knows, this could be astute business.

This probably isn't what you mean, but Fogarty recorded a higher player rating in his seventh season (2024) than Hawkins did in his (2013)

Hopefully Fogary is on no more than 500k a year. Signing a player past 30 on a long term deal is fraught with danger. Would have offered him a 5 year deal to 2029.

Did you post this back in 2016!

Remember the outrage because we offered Eddie about $550k per year. And that was 10 years or so ago

Fog would comfortable be above $750 - and likely pushing $850k

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Happy to see he's locked in, but from a wider club perspective, why so long? It's not like he was a big risk of leaving.
I can inly assume it was to help us smooth his overall payments out over a longer period.
I can tell you why. Fog is getting paid well under what he could have got if he put his name out there for a trade.
There would be over a dozen clubs who would easily pay him over 800k a year, for six or seven years. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. He never even tried to play the market off against the club to get the Max wage he could.
The way the club is with these longer term contracts is if you are happy for less money, you can get a longer contract.

Let's say Fog has signed for 600k a year over the length of the contract, but his market value is 850k, we are getting him for 250k less a year. It's absolutely worth doing.

This by no means a comment on Fog’s value, but I’ve got to say, Kane Cornes is right about these long contracts.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m stoked he’s committed, but was there really that much concern a local product like him would walk if we only gave him three more years?

All clubs are doing it, but we’ve seen plenty of contracts that teams already regret.

The only explanation I can think is managers are demanding this length or they won’t sign.
The club works by offering longer contracts if they player wants less Money.
Take both Soligo and Rochele, they signed longer contracts, when they could have got more money by coming out of contract a couple of years time.
Would you rather give Fog a 4 year deal at 900k, or a 7 year deal at 750k a year?

I don't really mind Fog on a long contract and happy to have him signed up.

Am a little worried about these long contracts, but it's a league wide thing, they're not all going to work out and a club will pay the price at some point.

Imagine 2 or 3 players from a single club just don't work out through injury, signed after short term form or any of the other things that can lead to a player retiring early.

I'm not sure how but from a supporter of the club, not the players, point of view I'd like to see the balance shift a little.

These long contracts are only ever insurance for the player, they have a couple of incredible years and can leave or recontract with a pay rise anyway.

We'd perhaps get a little more back and hold a little more power if the player decides to leave, but I'd like to see that shift just a bit in the clubs favour.

Kornes about as enthusiastic of the contract as you’d expect.

To be fair being a Powa supporter Kane has probably forgotten what a good key forward looks like.
He also went down the "fat-shaming" path too.
You'd think he would have learned his lesson after comparing Walkers prep to Dixons.
Ahh well guess King Charles will have plenty of time to open an F45 with Chode Cornes now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Fogary is on no more than 500k a year. Signing a player past 30 on a long term deal is fraught with danger. Would have offered him a 5 year deal to 2029.
Laughable load of crap

Cumming gets 6 years at 800k for a hbf

Fog will be on 800-900k for this deal as KPF >>>>Hbf

Did you post this back in 2016!

Remember the outrage because we offered Eddie about $550k per year. And that was 10 years or so ago

Fog would comfortable be above $750 - and likely pushing $850k

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Pure stupidity anyone suggesting 500k for a KPF in FA

I can tell you why. Fog is getting paid well under what he could have got if he put his name out there for a trade.
There would be over a dozen clubs who would easily pay him over 800k a year, for six or seven years. No ifs, no buts, no maybes. He never even tried to play the market off against the club to get the Max wage he could.
The way the club is with these longer term contracts is if you are happy for less money, you can get a longer contract.

Let's say Fog has signed for 600k a year over the length of the contract, but his market value is 850k, we are getting him for 250k less a year. It's absolutely worth doing.
How do you know this? I doubt this is true taking a 250k market discount

He is played continuously in the wrong position. Which the clubs over reliance on Tex is holding him back. Tex should be moved to FF and Fog tasked with roaming the top of the 50. He has the smarts of a very strong midfielder. Showed what a weapon he is when Tex was out injured this year when doing Tex role. Id go so far as to suggest he will be better.
He won't be better, but he doesn't have to be.

He's different too.

You do know Atkins is on $400K and that's before the significant CBA increase. No way one of our lead KPF is on $500K.
Next sesson the average AFL salary will be a tick under $500K as there has been a massive increase.

Would think Fogarty would be earning 50% above the average

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Fogarty - Re-Signed to End of 2031

Back