Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

If he hasn’t he should be .. leaving Quaynor to be thrown to the wolves because we can’t have Moore on Cameron ???
Macrae has been playing frampton and now Quaynor on oppositions best forward since the Larkey disaster.. they are losing faith and so are supporters

Cameron averaged 4.5 goals a game against us in 2023, 5 goals a game in 2022. Only kicked 3 on Friday night so maybe there's merit to changing strategy. But let's blame Moore and take wild guesses as to what McRae might or might not think.

You were the Kind Dick with your fanboy "system" narrative amongst the dreggs of this board until few weeks ago

now you simply look like a massive Dick to anyone with any
resemblance of a brain, enjoy the limelight :thumbsu:
Is that your best shot?

Kind Dick???

That’s like the illiterate insult of a 12 year old that been dropped on it’s head a few too many times.

Stick to your drive bys and gutless laughing emoticons.

Cameron averaged 4.5 goals a game against us in 2023, 5 goals a game in 2022. Only kicked 3 on Friday night so maybe there's merit to changing strategy. But let's blame Moore and take wild guesses as to what McRae might or might not think.
the point is Quaynor shouldn’t be the matchup
The coach is forced into these decisions because our biggest name key defender is completely out of form and can’t do these jobs
Actually highlights the flow on effect of Darcy’s liability currently

Just anyone but Moore,

I don't understand this.

Posters have called out the posts that have become personal about Moore. Same with the absurd calls to drop him. Who would you replace him with?

Nobody is defending his form. That is imagined by a few luminaries who just want to see an angry lynch mob.

The vision and what we see with our own eyes doesn’t lie.
Moore has been horrible, can’t zone off, can’t play one on one and can’t get any attacking run going.
This has been all year, he has single handed made our defence unbalanced and vulnerable.
If this was Dean or Madgen before him they would have lasted 2 games max.
The personal abuse is not on obviously but the rest of the above are facts and I don’t see how the conversation can be avoided anymore.
Nobody is bigger than the club even the premiership captain.
and who replaces him? oh I know, that A grade defender Dean LMFAO !!!

the point is Quaynor shouldn’t be the matchup
The coach is forced into these decisions because our biggest name key defender is completely out of form and can’t do these jobs
Actually highlights the flow on effect of Darcy’s liability currently
Are you suggesting a change of position for Darcy cfc?

As I mentioned the other day, I don't think the issue is Moore and his form specifically

I still reckon it's the loss of Murphy

Moore is playing the same way he always has. That's the strange part I don't understand about all the criticism, particularly from the media.

Moore has literally been playing this way the entire time Fly has been coaching. Even in 2022 and 2023 we found ourselves yelling at Moore when going to the games. So many times we noticed him 20m or more off his man, jogging back to defensive 50 etc etc.

Nothing has really changed. The only real difference now is Murphy is gone. He's not there to cover for him anymore.

You constantly hear players in interviews talking about how Murphy was our best "system player". There's tonnes of footage out there of Murphy screaming at Darcy and keeping him in line.

Now how do we fix the issue? Don't know. Again, he's playing the same as he's always played. So maybe the issue is a coaching one where they're not instructing him to play a little differently or they're not trying to find someone to replace Murphy.

I've said before and I'll say again, I'm not opposed to trying him forward and see what Frampton, Dean, Quaynor, Maynard, Noble and Howe can do back there without him.

If he hasn’t he should be .. leaving Quaynor to be thrown to the wolves because we can’t have Moore on Cameron ???
Macrae has been playing frampton and now Quaynor on oppositions best forward since the Larkey disaster.. they are losing faith and so are supporters
Cameron plays like a flanker and destroys our defence at ground level and with elusiveness when we play a tall on him.

Like...are we all just forgetting the Richmond game in 2022 where Lynch kicked 6 on him and got 25 disposals?

1721000363749.png

You know who wasn't playing in this game?

Nathan Murphy

You know what Moore was doing all game? Playing 30m off Lynch, mistiming his runs, jogging back to defensive 50....

Sound familiar?

Wanna know when our season turned around in 2022? 2 weeks after this game when Nathan Murphy came back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like...are we all just forgetting the Richmond game in 2022 where Lynch kicked 6 on him and got 25 disposals?

View attachment 2048848

You know who wasn't playing in this game?

Nathan Murphy

You know what Moore was doing all game? Playing 30m off Lynch, mistiming his runs, jogging back to defensive 50....

Sound familiar?

Wanna know when our season turned around in 2022? 2 weeks after this game when Nathan Murphy came back.
Why are you acting like Moore is the only defender in the comp that big KPF kicks goals on. You know how these big guys win the Coleman right? By kicking bags every week, on defenders..

Why are you acting like Moore is the only defender in the comp that big KPF kicks goals on. You know how these big guys win the Coleman right? By kicking bags every week, on defenders..

No one is acting like that

You're struggling to see the forest through the trees mate

My point was about Moore's form and the way he plays. He's not playing any differently to the way he's always played. His confidence and form might be genuinely down, but he's actually not playing any differently to the way he always has.

What's hurting Moore is Murphy's absence.

I don't understand this.

Posters have called out the posts that have become personal about Moore. Same with the absurd calls to drop him. Who would you replace him with?

Nobody is defending his form. That is imagined by a few luminaries who just want to see an angry lynch mob.

People on here (small amount) are blaming everyone expect Moore, Roughead is now getting blamed,

Can't make this shit up.

People on here (small amount) are blaming everyone expect Moore, Roughead is now getting blamed,

Can't make this shit up.

Roughead is the Defensive line coach

You don't think he would have at least a little something to do with how we're defending?

As I mentioned the other day, I don't think the issue is Moore and his form specifically

I still reckon it's the loss of Murphy

Moore is playing the same way he always has. That's the strange part I don't understand about all the criticism, particularly from the media.

Moore has literally been playing this way the entire time Fly has been coaching. Even in 2022 and 2023 we found ourselves yelling at Moore when going to the games. So many times we noticed him 20m or more off his man, jogging back to defensive 50 etc etc.

Nothing has really changed. The only real difference now is Murphy is gone. He's not there to cover for him anymore.

You constantly hear players in interviews talking about how Murphy was our best "system player". There's tonnes of footage out there of Murphy screaming at Darcy and keeping him in line.

Now how do we fix the issue? Don't know. Again, he's playing the same as he's always played. So maybe the issue is a coaching one where they're not instructing him to play a little differently or they're not trying to find someone to replace Murphy.

I've said before and I'll say again, I'm not opposed to trying him forward and see what Frampton, Dean, Quaynor, Maynard, Noble and Howe can do back there without him.
Don't disagree with any of this. I've been saying Murphy was the key to our backline for the last couple of years. I was hoping Frampton could become the desperate spoiler at least. We'll see.

Biggest issue I have with Moore this year is the complete lack of actual onfield football leadership from our .... Captain.

He is being lauded as a statesman of the game, with great speeches, red carpet and media appearances. So what!

He doesn't rally the troops when they are down, he doesn't take control of the game and lead by example, he doesn't provide the insightful guidance like Pendles in the GF and he seemingly doesn't care too much, laughing and smiling after we lose crucial games.

I've seen it from Darcy all year.

We've got to get him back into form and can't drop him.

However, he should relinquish the captaincy to Nick and concentrate on his footy.

No one is acting like that

You're struggling to see the forest through the trees mate

My point was about Moore's form and the way he plays. He's not playing any differently to the way he's always played. His confidence and form might be genuinely down, but he's actually not playing any differently to the way he always has.

What's hurting Moore is Murphy's absence.
Murphy’s absence has affected the whole defensive unit for sure but having Frampton down back was supposed to free Darcy up. Has it freed him up too much? I thought Frampton was also going to provide some intercepting but rarely seen it. The combo hasn’t worked as hoped. Throw in a few others down back that have been down on form Quaynor, Markov, Maynard since his onfield knock, Dean finding his feet, Howe switching forward, Noble kicking himself into trouble a bit recently and the team generally being a bit out of sync and it makes for tough times. Credit to the oppositions for making it tough too.
Just have to keep working hard as I don’t think a switch forward is worth it with McStay and Cox imminent.

Murphy’s absence has affected the whole defensive unit for sure but having Frampton down back was supposed to free Darcy up. Has it freed him up too much? I thought Frampton was also going to provide some intercepting but rarely seen it. The combo hasn’t worked as hoped. Throw in a few others down back that have been down on form Quaynor, Markov, Maynard since his onfield knock, Dean finding his feet, Howe switching forward, Noble kicking himself into trouble a bit recently and the team generally being a bit out of sync and it makes for tough times. Credit to the oppositions for making it tough too.
Just have to keep working hard as I don’t think a switch forward is worth it with McStay and Cox imminent.

Good post. :thumbsu:

It's death by 1000 cuts.

Oh 100% it's not just Moore

Again, he's not actually playing any differently to how he always has

But:

• No Murphy
  • Quaynor down on form
  • Midfield applying almost zero pressure
  • Inconsistency with the back 6 (Dean in and out, Howe forward and back, Frampton forward and back)
  • Cox out (which means one less ruck to drop back and help out)
  • Assistant Coach change

Are all contributing to our defensive woes

I don't think anyone should be blaming Moore alone (is anyone doing this? I haven't checked)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back