Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s crazy is Moore is copping it on socials for jumping with his knee up and “purposely” injuring two players now. I swear most people have only started watching footy this year 😂
I imagine he's also copping it from some of our moronic supporters who want to strip him of the captaincy, drop him & some even wanting to trade him.

I hope he comes out and has an absolute blinder on Friday.

What’s crazy is Moore is copping it on socials for jumping with his knee up and “purposely” injuring two players now. I swear most people have only started watching footy this year

They’d be the same ones saying that their own players should “make them earn it”.

Speaking of which, how was the mark not paid to Darcy Cameron? Mark, free, take your pick!

And the free paid against Noble to Humphrey? WTF?!

Is it possible that Darcy is carrying an injury. He did go in for scans a couple of weeks ago. Just saying

What were the scans on?

He is running around like a headless chook, consistently trying to be the 3rd or 4th man in to a contest but completely mistiming his run and leaving an opponent on their own.

He looks physically fine, his timing and judgement is all at sea, as is his skills. Looping erratic handballs, missing kicks etc.

What’s crazy is Moore is copping it on socials for jumping with his knee up and “purposely” injuring two players now. I swear most people have only started watching footy this year 😂

3 players. He got a north player as well. Expected he'd get some attention after Witts went down.

Moore would be the last player to try to hurt an opponent.

Mitchell also
Yes, to come back. Can't wait for his return.

I was specifically referring to forwards though as the poster said we had no depth.

Could add AJ dependent on his form. Eyre who they seem to be trying out as a forward too. Cox, I guess who also goes forward at times.

And we haven't even included all our small forwards who contribute more than any of them.

Moore has copped it today in the media, very happy about it.

The form should have been called out 6 weeks ago.

Time to lift Darcy or go play VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore has copped it today in the media, very happy about it.

The form should have been called out 6 weeks ago.

Time to lift Darcy or go play VFL.
Darcy is a gun and will lift.

I know, Cam Ranier says hello. Knocked out our first game player last year with a knee to the head. No one, I repeat no one from any opposition supporter base had an issue with that action. In fact some enjoyed it. He is a repeat offender, smashing into players with the intention of "making them earn it" ;)

Now opposition supporters have mentioned that Maynard milked the hit to the stomach against the suns. Yet when Pendlebury did a similar act to Neale he was reported (first time in his 394 game career) and all these so called medical experts were trying to explain, the stomach is one of the most sensitive parts of the human body. (Please).

The hate and envy is just so obvious from certain supporters.

What were the scans on?

He is running around like a headless chook, consistently trying to be the 3rd or 4th man in to a contest but completely mistiming his run and leaving an opponent on their own.

He looks physically fine, his timing and judgement is all at sea, as is his skills. Looping erratic handballs, missing kicks etc.

He's also completely lost his confidence with his marking.

He used to beast an absolute weapon with his intercept marking, now he goes for double fisters instead of marking easy balls.

They're putting Frampton on the most dangerous forward to allow Moore to play the intercept role, but he isn't intercepting... and when he does, he tries to handball to someone and misses by 2 metres

Moore is captain of the club and earning a million dollars a year as reward for his status and career output.

I'd like to hope he can deal with some personal criticism better than the posters being outraged on his behalf. To be honest I think we should all be thankful that Cornes has turned the spotlight on him because hopefully it elicits a positive response and return to form.

I still remember the time when more often than not your clubs best key defender would be lined up on the oppositions most dangerous key forward. Perhaps for some clubs that's still the preferred starting point.

While I understand the game evolves and with a zone defense the requirement to roll over and cover for different opponents within play is a necessity, I still feel there is room for a coach setting a player the task of nullifying a particular opponent.

As it was it wasn't Moore standing King come the first bounce against the Gold Coast it was Frampton, who while having a solid season to date is very much your blue collar defender with limitations. Based purely on talent, size and athletic traits and it's hard to argue Moore wouldn't be a better first option.

Now look I get it, we are using Frampton on King in the hope he is an accountable enough opponent and in the process we free up Moore so he can use his ability to roam the defensive area, intercept, spoil and rebound.

This is good in theory and hell it's a method that helped win us a flag so we know it can work but having the luxury of not starting Moore on the likes of King is only effective when Moore is effective essentially guarding space and not a designated opponent.

The harsh reality is the loss of Murphy is probably having a bigger impact than we even imagined it would. Moore himself labelled Murphy as our best general defender and that might be underselling him. Murphy not only had a great ability to peel off one opponent to cover another in a more dangerous area, he had the willingness to work his butt off for his teammates which I suspect often saved their bacon as well as the teams.

While Moore is the one gaining the most attention he's not the only defender who has come off from the highs of last season and alongside the absent Murphy it's seen us go from conceding the 3rd least points in 2023 to currently being the 12th most stingy defence after 15 rounds.

Darcy Moore (2023 AA) vs this season

Isaac Quaynor (2023 AA Squad) vs this season

Oleg Markov (2023) vs this season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back