Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think little joey last night gave the answer on 360 to why Darcy looks disinterested....

evidently the midfielders aren't working hard enough and that's putting pressure on the defense.

When the baseline you’re making calls from is that his form is “poor”, it’s easy to see why you’re so confused. Down on AA level form does not equal poor. Still among our best defenders week to

When the baseline you’re making calls from is that his form is “poor”, it’s easy to see why you’re so confused. Down on AA level form does not equal poor. Still among our best defenders week to week.
I think your the one that’s confused

Just don’t want to have our key defender hidden away while making frampton pick up the most dangerous forward or any more 4 goal quarters against him

That’s a long way from AA

I think your the one that’s confused

Just don’t want to have our key defender hidden away while making frampton pick up the most dangerous forward or any more 4 goal quarters against him

That’s a long way from AA
It’s you’re.

The DPS insists on the correct use of apostrophes.

I think the Darcy Moore protection society should all take a chill pill and focus on letting other members outside of the society raise their opinions without the irrational defensive pile on

I think the Darcy Moore protection society should all take a chill pill and focus on letting other members outside of the society raise their opinions without the irrational defensive pile on
The DPS welcomes fair minded critique of The Great One.

Your offerings do not fit the criteria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the midfielders make him kick and handball shit? Do they make him come off his opponent and then get stuck in no mans land resulting in an opposition goal?

First part of your question, Moore is in 2024 ranked 54th league wide for disposal efficiency (84.1% behind only Jiath and Dean at Collingwood), and 15th for kick efficiency (89.5 behind only Jiath at Collingwood). If that equates to “shit”, then I look forward to what his improved disposal looks like.

Second part of your question, yes.

First part of your question, Moore is in 2024 ranked 54th league wide for disposal efficiency (84.1% behind only Jiath and Dean at Collingwood), and 15th for kick efficiency (89.5 behind only Jiath at Collingwood). If that equates to “shit”, then I look forward to what his improved disposal looks like.

Wow you honestly think he’s a good kick

Moore averages around 7 kicks per game, how many of those are "switch kicks" or 15 metre kicks to the back pocket?

Does getting a high D/E for those kind of kicks really prove he's a good kick? He's not providing the rebound he use to, that is obvious to see.

Guaranteed a game no matter how bad ?

He is still significantly better than our alternatives the way he is playing now. So you saying "bad" is only in comparison to the best of Darcy Moore. He hasn't had a bad year, just not to his normal standard.

An interesting take here as they picked Dean .. is Fly gunna pull a smokey and put Darcy at CHF?
I personally would like to see that but I don't believe it will ever happen.
Fly has a plan and a system which so far has served Collingwood well, with only one or two exceptions.
It's all about the system, not any individual player, so Moore himself is largely irrelevant. He either plays the role he is given, or someone else does.
We don't change the system while it remains successful.
It's not a perfect world where everything just goes to plan. People are human and make mistakes. Almost every player goes into every game with something less than 100% mental or physical fitness or form. It's how they respond to the challenge that is important.

darcy moore's knee should not be suspended, never ban the speckie!

I got abused in GD threads for calling out how terrible Moore has been all year and here we are.
Anyway he is the main reason our backline is so suspect and disappointing this year. It’s like watching Jack Madgen all over again.

I got abused in GD threads for calling out how terrible Moore has been all year and here we are.
Anyway he is the main reason our backline is so suspect and disappointing this year. It’s like watching Jack Madgen all over again.

You’re comparing an AA premiership captain with a stellar leap and sprint to Madge

Kirby?

WTF has happened to posting on this board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back