Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to keep the thread to below 50 pages so ditched the paragraphs😀. Was one of those posts where you think you’ve got a point but you can’t really find it despite the typing lots of words. I’ll try and do better😀👍.
Here you go. I'll paraphrase.
We lost Murphy, then we got injuries. Defence suffered. Might look worse than it really is. Might get better.

Trying to keep the thread to below 50 pages so ditched the paragraphs😀. Was one of those posts where you think you’ve got a point but you can’t really find it despite typing lots of words. I’ll try and do better😀👍.
It was a great read but I didn't change my oxygen bottle before I read it. My bad

My solution is to throw him in the ruck if he spuds it up 1st 2 quarters next week, I know he can't be dropped.

Darcy's on the ABC....He's fantastic....everything you want in a TV personality....engaged....committed.....looking for opportunities....bright ...cheerful...positive...

unfortunately it's back to the coal mine tomorrow...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s making a few wrong decisions when it comes to leaving his man or which patch of grass to block up space. It’s not all his fault, it’s pretty hard to be a defender when the ball comes in quick and from turnover.

I think it’s the coaches. If they wanted our defenders to stand next to their man all the time they would. They want them to stand off and to run off to help. It works when the defence up the ground slows the ball movement. That’s not happening at the moment.

FC had a graph last night

most goals kicked directly on a player at Collingwood

Moore - 31, 8th worst in the League

next worst Frampton - 25

but the system...
It’s pretty clear that the system is breaking down all over the ground.
Our pressure was poor against the Bombers. If we can return to being an elite pressure side, we will have a chance against Geelong.

next worst Frampton - 25

but the system...
The fact that there are 2 of them there indicates that it is the system.

Who are the seven players that have had more goals kicked on them? I bet that the majority are key backs as key backs have to play on the guys that kick most of the goals.

next worst Frampton - 25

but the system...
I'm amazed that anyone can determine that a goal is "kicked directly on a player".
How do "they" determine who is playing on whom at any point in a game? Is it subjective or objective?
It seems to me that the reason many goals are kicked is because the goalkicker doesn't actually have a "direct opponent" at a particular time - and that might be the problem.
If you play a 'team defence', then all goals are kicked against the team, not the player, right?

FC had a graph last night.....
math graphing GIF

it's not Darcy's fault that he looks so bad....its the system

last year when he looked good, it was the system too. In fact, we're not sure whether he's a good or bad footballer. Ww have no way to judge what impact he is having because he is merely doing what the system is telling him to do.

I'm amazed that anyone can determine that a goal is "kicked directly on a player".
How do "they" determine who is playing on whom at any point in a game? Is it subjective or objective?
It seems to me that the reason many goals are kicked is because the goalkicker doesn't actually have a "direct opponent" at a particular time - and that might be the problem.
If you play a 'team defence', then all goals are kicked against the team, not the player, right?
In Billy's case this is pretty bad as he has missed games and also played up forward.

One other thing to be said is that I have noticed for eg that blokes like Larkey have had days when they have taken marks against opposition but have had bad kicking days which means that some defenders can concede a lot of marks without them going down as goals.

I notice that Cornes had another whack at Moore last night but was a bit surprised he gave Weitering an out for standing next to Hogan who was taking pack marks. He reckoned he was sore because of a bit of a corky but he seemed to be moving freely. And he justified this to say how important Weitering is. This was the first time that their middies allowed the ball to come in like as avalanche as it often does in our opposition attack. Does he really believe that a fully fit Weitering was going to stop all those balls going in from being scores?
And another thing, Moore was on the ABC last night on some woke program and he says that he will be shouting Petracca dinner when the Dee gets well again. He had to try to break the darts score of all the other sportsman they had had on the program and he basically doubled their scores. :)

In Billy's case this is pretty bad as he has missed games and also played up forward.

One other thing to be said is that I have noticed for eg that blokes like Larkey have had days when they have taken marks against opposition but have had bad kicking days which means that some defenders can concede a lot of marks without them going down as goals.

I notice that Cornes had another whack at Moore last night but was a bit surprised he gave Weitering an out for standing next to Hogan who was taking pack marks. He reckoned he was sore because of a bit of a corky but he seemed to be moving freely. And he justified this to say how important Weitering is. This was the first time that their middies allowed the ball to come in like as avalanche as it often does in our opposition attack. Does he really believe that a fully fit Weitering was going to stop all those balls going in from being scores?
And another thing, Moore was on the ABC last night on some woke program and he says that he will be shouting Petracca dinner when the Dee gets well again. He had to try to break the darts score of all the other sportsman they had had on the program and he basically doubled their scores. :)

people who are having a go at darcy havent seen his efforts in that woke ABC program, foggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back