Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy history is full of players being asked to do a big job. Who will ever forget Buckley on Carey.
Yeah poor old Carey tried his best but was pretty much ineffectual against a modern football GOAT. Wasn’t really fair of Pagan to give him such a big assignment

Yeah poor old Carey tried his best but was pretty much ineffectual against a modern football GOAT. Wasn’t really fair of Pagan to give him such a big assignment

At least Pagan didn't completely destroy Carey's confidence by asking him to play on Lockyer.

At least Pagan didn't completely destroy Carey's confidence by asking him to play on Lockyer.
We all know we only won the 2010 Grand Final because the Saints spent the entire fortnight trying to come up with a game plan designed to quell Tarks. Genius coaching by Salty.

Edit: Reckon Brisbane went wrong doing the same in 23

We all know we only won the 2010 Grand Final because the Saints spent the entire fortnight trying to come up with a game plan designed to quell Tarks. Genius coaching by Salty.

Edit: Reckon Brisbane went wrong doing the same in 23

Truly devastating Tarkyn Lockyer never won a flag for us. Would go Buckley, Burns, Lockyer in terms of who I was most devo about not having won a premiership

Like...are we all just forgetting the Richmond game in 2022 where Lynch kicked 6 on him and got 25 disposals?

View attachment 2048848

You know who wasn't playing in this game?

Nathan Murphy

You know what Moore was doing all game? Playing 30m off Lynch, mistiming his runs, jogging back to defensive 50....

Sound familiar?

Wanna know when our season turned around in 2022? 2 weeks after this game when Nathan Murphy came back.The

Like...are we all just forgetting the Richmond game in 2022 where Lynch kicked 6 on him and got 25 disposals?

View attachment 2048848

You know who wasn't playing in this game?

Nathan Murphy

You know what Moore was doing all game? Playing 30m off Lynch, mistiming his runs, jogging back to defensive 50....

Sound familiar?

Wanna know when our season turned around in 2022? 2 weeks after this game when Nathan Murphy came back.
The irony of that game is that he must have copped a blast at half time from Fly because in the second half he went shoulder to shoulder with Lynch and even outmarked him with contested grabs conceding just 1 goal for the 2nd half. So is Fly berating him or not?

But all he can do now is spoil.
1721040362091.png

Last edited:

'Almost at that level': Kane Cornes urges Collingwood skipper Darcy Moore to consider VFL stint​

Anna Pavlou

Anna Pavlou
July 14, 2024 - 5.20pm

Kane Cornes has again criticised Collingwood skipper Darcy Moore, after his dismal performance in their 20-point loss to Geelong on Friday night.
Moore played as the Pies' loose defender, managing just eight touches for the game.
It's a big change from the start of the year, as Collingwood entered as reigning premiers.

Now, Cornes says Moore has a lot to answer for, suggesting that after another loss to the Pies, the captain should consider a stint in the VFL.
"Either play Darcy Moore, give him a challenge on the oppostion's best player, or send him forward ... which you know he can do, or put him in the VFL," Cornes said on Nine's Sunday Footy Show.
Moore

Darcy Moore had just eight disposals against Geelong. AFL Photos via Getty Images
"I think it's almost at that level (to be dropped to the VFL), for the Collingwood captain, who clearly is not smiling now."
But where exactly has Moore gone so wrong?
The loss of Pies lock down defender Nathan Murphy, who was forced to medically retire earlier this season due to ongoing concussion issues, has meant Moore's usual role as a roaming intercept defender is no longer viable.
Without Murphy, the Pies backline has struggled to find their mojo that won them a premiership in 2023, with small running defender Isaac Quaynor now faced with some of the games best key forwards.
Moore.

Darcy Moore of the Magpies is challenged by Gary Rohan of the Cats. Getty
Cornes holds concerns that Collingwood's "aura" has diminished, as they sit well outside the top eight on the ladder, with their finals hopes slipping each week.
"They're not coming from behind (to win games). That aura is gone," he said.
"Part of that is because of Darcy Moore.
"I've been hard on Darcy Moore. I said he plays one good game every six weeks. It may be less than that. It may be less than one good game every six weeks."

Play Video

Cornes sticks with controversial Moore call​

"How they have allowed Isaac Quaynor to play on Jeremy Cameron instead of Darcy Moore, who wants to be the loose (player) or wants to play on the least dangerous opposition forward," Cornes said.
"That's all well and good when you want to be the loose and you're impacting. It's not well and good when you're taking one intercept mark and having four kicks.
"And Jeremy Cameron .... he was excited about that match up."
Collingwood face the high flying Hawks at the MCG in round 19, before clashing with Richmond the following week in must-win matches to keep their finals hopes alive.

The irony of that game is that he must have copped a blast at half time from Fly because in the second half he went shoulder to shoulder with Lynch and even outmarked him with contested grabs conceding just 1 goal for the 2nd half. So is Fly berating him or not?

No idea

I can only assume not given he’s playing ultimately the same way in 2024

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's an injury he just has no form for whatever reason, he needs to be thrown in the ruck or forward and if that fails..

I don't think it's an injury he just has no form for whatever reason, he needs to be thrown in the ruck or forward and if that fails..
His foot was the size of a balloon the week before the Grand Final, I doubt we'd know if he was carrying an injury, he can tame the pain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back