Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

His foot was the size of a balloon the week before the Grand Final, I doubt we'd know if he was carrying an injury, he can tame the pain.
don't remember him being that bad in the GF, and all players are carrying injuries most of the time.

His foot was the size of a balloon the week before the Grand Final, I doubt we'd know if he was carrying an injury, he can tame the pain.

Is this actually true? He was walking around and training the week leading up to the GF and had no discomfort... doubt they'd have him on pain meds for training and pre-GF entertainment

Is this actually true? He was walking around and training the week leading up to the GF and had no discomfort... doubt they'd have him on pain meds for training and pre-GF entertainment
I recall seeing a photo of his ankle and it was like he had a squash ball attached to it.

Saw the photo, thought it was the elephant mans foot

Also from the HS last year after the GF :

“I rolled my ankle last week, which came up with a fair bit of swelling and bruising. I have been managing that all week, and I've had an issue with my wrist for the last few weeks and obviously rehabbing my hamstring in the last part of the season" 1 Oct 2023. Herald Sun.

so he's got an injured ankle....no wonder he looked so bad on friday...
The ankle injury being referred to is from last year. Not this year.

We haven't been told if there is any current injury. I think the media reported he had a scan recently, which had some questioning whether he was injured.

Most players are probably carrying some niggle anyway.

We haven't been told if there is any current injury. I think the media reported he had a scan recently, which had some questioning whether he was injured.

If he was struggling with speed or agility I think it would be more relevant to blame injury.

His issues of not being able to mark, too many turnovers and poor positioning are not really an injury symptom generally.

The whole backline just looks a little lost and disjointed

well its his wrist then.... i heard that he got surgery for that. No wonder the guy is out of form. He's falling to pieces...

If he was struggling with speed or agility I think it would be more relevant to blame injury.

His issues of not being able to mark, too many turnovers and poor positioning are not really an injury symptom generally.

The whole backline just looks a little lost and disjointed
I agree about the whole backline looks lost & disjointed. And there are a few reasons why.

Injury was only brought up when others mentioned his ankle last year before GF.

I recall others on here saying he went in for a scan a few weeks ago which I think the club said at the time was standard/regular/precautionary?? I can't remember the exact words used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately he has lost a little bit of athleticism and is completely bereft of confidence at the moment. They seem to be the glaring things that have changed in his game when looking back at his previous highlights. He has never been a 'footy smarts' footballer to me, he has been a player that relies on instinct and athleticism, so when that changes, it becomes a real problem.

I think he plays defence this week against the Hawks. If we lose, our season is over and from there you give him the rest of the year in that forward ruck role to see how he goes there. I personally believe that might be his position of the future in our side, although it would require us to really go out and bring in an A-grade key defender, which don't grow on trees.

The irony of that game is that he must have copped a blast at half time from Fly because in the second half he went shoulder to shoulder with Lynch and even outmarked him with contested grabs conceding just 1 goal for the 2nd half. So is Fly berating him or not?

But all he can do now is spoil.
View attachment 2049478
That stat needs to be equated to inside 50 count I reckon or time in defensive half % - the more it is there the more 1% needed or executed ..

its is, after all, his job though .
There are other players and teams he could talk about. His focus on Darcy is unhealthy.

I hope it’s not impacting Darcy’s mental health. I know that Fly and the boys will be supporting him.

There are other players and teams he could talk about. His focus on Darcy is unhealthy.

I hope it’s not impacting Darcy’s mental health. I know that Fly and the boys will be supporting him.

I agree with your previous point Jmac. The inspiration for some of the garbage posted by the media must come from here.

Instead of supporting a player down on form and confidence these "fans" reach for the pitchforks and refer to Kornes' articles as "proof".

Last edited:
Could be a case of Grundy Mark 2. His best form at Collingwood might be a thing of the past.
Or could be like Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Howe, Cameron, Elliott etc who have all had down years (some written off) who have come back from being written off here only to play well again.

The media scrutiny, particularly from Cornes, is way over the top and bordering on bullying.

He needs to back off.

Cornes might be going hard, the issue is most of what he is saying is bang on,

You know what will fix the whole issue? Play better.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back