Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

To those going hard on just one player. What is you suggestion for the back six for this week if you move Moore forward or even drop him?

Oh and how well are Maynard and Frampton playing?

IMO, one play does not make a backline.

This is not defending him as I agree he is not playing well.

Solutions anyone?

Does anyone know how will kelly is doing in sydney? Another father-son of course....

To those going hard on just one player. What is you suggestion for the back six for this week if you move Moore forward or even drop him?

Solutions anyone?
I want to see him exert some form of physical influence in any form this week.
Whether it be back, forward temporarily or ruck.
He’s a proven leader as on orator.
We know it’s not his caper, but maybe personally to find form, just make himself more involved.
Fly seems too steadfast in the system thou to change things up. Well the system is stifled.

Solutions anyone?
If Howe is available
He goes back
Darcy Forward

Or could be like Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Howe, Cameron, Elliott etc who have all had down years (some written off) who have come back from being written off here only to play well again.
I’ve never seen Pendlebury play anywhere near as poorly as Moore is. Moore is also in his prime unlike Pendlebury.

Solutions anyone?

Dean prior to injury in the VFL was in better form than Moore, should’ve stayed in and Moore forward.

Maybe even Kreuger goes back for a trial, has good closing speed.

Frampton is who he is, nothing about his form surprises anyone. Things are being trialled with IQ, move to the wing etc.

Or could be like Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Howe, Cameron, Elliott etc who have all had down years (some written off) who have come back from being written off here only to play well again.

I don’t think he’s being written off, but there needs to be some catalyst for change.

He’s 28, should be in his absolute prime.

Also need to get the Sicily matchup correct this time
After the Taylor Adams disaster last year
Even reef as defensive forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't answer what I asked.

Both Howe (190cm) and Moore (199cm) are needed back.

Maynard (186cm) Q (180cm) are not known to play tall.
Well Q was on Cameron last week so they may ask him to step up again

I’m not buying the height thing always

it’s going to be wet possibly
I saw Toovey and Maxwell play undersized on key forwards for a long while successfully

How did that go?
If Howe and frampton play on talls will be fine

Darcy as key defender hasn’t worked since midway last year so we haven’t much to lose to try something different

Moore forward is an aggressive play that might help free him up and help kick a winning score

Unfortunately he has lost a little bit of athleticism and is completely bereft of confidence at the moment. They seem to be the glaring things that have changed in his game when looking back at his previous highlights. He has never been a 'footy smarts' footballer to me, he has been a player that relies on instinct and athleticism, so when that changes, it becomes a real problem.

I think he plays defence this week against the Hawks. If we lose, our season is over and from there you give him the rest of the year in that forward ruck role to see how he goes there. I personally believe that might be his position of the future in our side, although it would require us to really go out and bring in an A-grade key defender, which don't grow on trees.
First para is actually very astute. Agree that Moore has never possessed highest footy IQ. Fly recently referenced, at times, having to (paraphrasing) encourage Moore to think more about footy

Darcy as key defender hasn’t worked since midway last year so we haven’t much to lose to try something different

Moore forward is an aggressive play that might help free him up and help kick a winning score
Your posting history in this thread shows you are incapable of being objective when it comes to Moore.

Everyone else in this thread agrees he needs to lift his game and is playing well below expectations but he is not alone across most positions.

Perhaps he is carrying an injury, do you know? Why play him if this is the case? Who knows, I certainly don't.

I still think that Moore should be playing ruck. That would free him up much more than playing forward. Ruck/forward

Doesn't answer what I asked.

Both Howe (190cm) and Moore (199cm) are needed back.

Maynard (186cm) Q (180cm) are not known to play tall.

Your posting history in this thread shows you are incapable of being objective when it comes to Moore.

Everyone else in this thread agrees he needs to lift his game and is playing well below expectations but he is not alone across most positions.

Perhaps he is carrying an injury, do you know? Why play him if this is the case? Who knows, I certainly don't.
Not everyone agrees with you .. definitely not from what I’ve read

If he’s injured then he shouldn’t be playing and you get judged on when your out there

The same thing will probably happen again if he plays down back where currently he’s a liability

Solutions anyone?
I think moving Moore forward is less about fixing our backline and more about accepting our backline is what it is and looking at improving our forward line and Moore’s personal form.

Solutions anyone?

Would be good if Moore could stand next to an opponent instead of 20 metres away and just get back to basics.

Stop your opponent from having any impact it's pretty simple.

I think moving Moore forward is less about fixing our backline and more about accepting our backline is what it is and looking at improving our forward line and Moore’s personal form.
It’s more about correcting the backline and doing without Darcy’s clangers and looseness but retaining him and trying him forward because we are low on key forward stocks
Might also work with him forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back