Dare I say it... Changes for Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mayesy_23

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Assuming Fev and Russell don't get rubbed out which I think they shouldn't then what do you guys think about changes for Collingwood. Who will be ready? Is it better to have a settled team? Do we change to adapt to Collingwood's powerful smaller forwards?

Assuming Fev and Russell don't get rubbed out which I think they shouldn't then what do you guys think about changes for Collingwood. Who will be ready? Is it better to have a settled team? Do we change to adapt to Collingwood's powerful smaller forwards?

There might be 1 or 2 changes, but jeez we're going to miss bower and jamison, espicially bower and the job he did on cloke:mad:

Be good if banno can get up for the game if fit

Last time we played Collingwood we had

Jamison to take Medhurst
Bower to take T.Cloke
Thornton to take Didak
Waite to take Rocca
Can't recall who took Thomas.

We won't have Jamison and Bower this time around. I honestly think that Bannister will be essential next week to take on their talented forward line.

So, one change.

In: Bannister
Out: Wiggins

I still feel that we need another forward target but Kreuzer did well tonight so perhaps he could be that other tall next week.

Jamison to take Medhurst
Bower to take T.Cloke
Thornton to take Didak
Waite to take Rocca

We won't have Jamison and Bower this time around. I honestly think that Bannister will be essential next week to take on their talented forward line.

So, one change.

I still feel that we need another forward target but Kreuzer did well tonight so perhaps he could be that other tall next week.

If I remember rightly Gibbs did the job & did it admirably. I would suspect he will get the job again.

Jamison to take Medhurst
Bower to take T.Cloke
Thornton to take Didak
Waite to take Rocca

So, one change.

Interesting change. Wiggo wasn't potent in the forward line against Port, however who really was (apart from the KRUUUZZZZ).

We'll beat them anyway.

I wouldn't bring Banno in when he hasn't played for a good month.

Leave the team unchanged methinks.

Jamison to take Medhurst
Bower to take T.Cloke
Thornton to take Didak
Waite to take Rocca

We won't have Jamison and Bower this time around.

What makes you say we won't have Jamison back? He's expected back this week.

To knock out a bloke with headhigh contact is almost instantly suspension these days... i think russell will go.
Jammo to come in?

the way i saw it.... both players were low on the ground and sliding with eyes on the footy....it was accidental and unavoidable as they both were going for the footy.

should get off......but most likely will get offered 3 weeks by the MRP...so we`ll contest it and get JR off.

If the tribunal finds Russell guilty they will have to plead guilty for pulling out of their wives at the last minute to prevent IQ impaired offspring :thumbsu::cool:

JR was fantastic in that contest, not only for his aggressive attack on the ball, but also for his consideration of possible injury of the opposition player :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you say we won't have Jamison back? He's expected back this week.

If Jammo comes back that's a huge in for us:thumbsu:

Matchups will be interesting, hope we can get it right

My thoughts....

Jamison to Medhurst
Waite to Cloke
thornton to Didak
Sentanta to Rocca
Gibbs to Thomas

Let them worry about us in the midfield, I would just give gibbs a c.cornes job on thomas and go where he goes. Also, give grigg a tagging job on H.shaw ala last game he did a terrific job.

We match up on their forwards nicely.

Up forward....
If they cluster the defence like port, at least we know we can throw kreuuuuz down there with fisher and betts along side him and move fev up the ground which drags 2/3 defenders with him.

I like the rotation of the 3 big men cloke, hampson and kreuuuz so no changes there, i dont think we had this last time against the pies? Could work nicely.

If you guys were actually at the last Collingwood vs. Carlton game, you'd recall that Bannister and Jamison rotated between Medhurst and Didak, Carlton comprehensively won those match-ups, no matter who was on who.

Bower beat Cloke, which means Waite will get the job on Cloke now, Waite beat Rocca last time, Rocca may not play, but Setanta will play on Rocca, Thornton could go to Medhurst if Jamison doesn't play.

If Banno comes back in, he could go to Didak or Medhurst, even with Bower out, we have plenty of options, we played Setanta forward the last time we met, he'll play key defence, Kreuzer will play forward and Cloke and Hampson will ruck.

I think we match up well with Collingwood, be interesting to see if Malthouse gives Harry O another crack at Fevola or if Brown is given first crack at him this time.

Russell may get rubbed out, he had a fantastic last quarter, I'll give him that, but head high contact is frowned upon, could be slightly in trouble, if he does go, then I think Bannister should come back in for him.

waite to cloke is tempting, but if you recall rocca is a mack truck. Last time waitey killed him going the other way. This may be worth more goals to us than the ones he would stop that setanta couldnt on cloke....if you get the cut of my jib. I feel this would be the best option to attack one of their weaknesses. For medhust one of the injured players to return hopefuly. If not ARMY....he can play on anyone.

Armfield's an option, but I like what I've seen of Army up around the ball, he breaks the lines, wants to run with the ball, and in the slippery conditions just wanted to get boot on ball, he even showed composure in front of goal, he's a nice player to have around the pack, I'm not sure holding down a key defensive post in a game is a good option for Carlton.

I get what you're saying about Waite and Rocca, and Waite being able to hurt Collingwood going the other way, Rocca is out of form and Setanta can take him, if Waite does play on Rocca and then Setanta goes to Cloke, I feel that Cloke will be too quick for Setanta

Great win by the Blues. Changes? a birdie tells me Jamo will return.....i know one thing though this week against the pies will be HUGE. 78,000 last time (round 4)......85,000+ this time. :thumbsu:

This week coming is going to be the biggest game the younger guys have ever been apart of. :)

Armfield's an option, but I like what I've seen of Army up around the ball, he breaks the lines, wants to run with the ball, and in the slippery conditions just wanted to get boot on ball, he even showed composure in front of goal, he's a nice player to have around the pack, I'm not sure holding down a key defensive post in a game is a good option for Carlton.

I get what you're saying about Waite and Rocca, and Waite being able to hurt Collingwood going the other way, Rocca is out of form and Setanta can take him, if Waite does play on Rocca and then Setanta goes to Cloke, I feel that Cloke will be too quick for Setanta

yeah i feel the same. Big call for ratts. Waite can be a matchwinner the other way, i think. His goal and weave to pass to fev (final moment) today showed that. bloody junk time injury to bower kills ya

People have spoken to Jammo at the VFL game this weekend, haven't they said that he said he should be back this week?

Yep reported it in the bullants thread. Very confident of being in next week, but gave me the whole 'see how we go on the track' talk. But he said he should be back and ready to take on medhurst!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dare I say it... Changes for Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back